Video: Strange stat on Cowboys scoring

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Ravens generated 14 TOs in the first 5 games, while we are currently at 7. Our defense last year had a higher TO pace to start the season at 5 and we ended up with 35 TOs. The Ravens generated 61 TOs that season.

They were able to compensate defensively for an average offense by producing an INSANE level of TOs. There is rarely even going to be a defense like that.

Please do not insult that legendary defense by comparing them to ours.

This is why I believe that the QB that this team needs to be successful for a deep playoff run isn't on the roster currently. We have an overpaid bus driver and a backup with a weak arm. I guess we will see how far it takes us.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Ravens generated 14 TOs in the first 5 games, while we are currently at 7. Our defense last year had a higher TO pace to start the season at 5 and we ended up with 35 TOs. The Ravens generated 61 TOs that season.

They were able to compensate defensively for an average offense by producing an INSANE level of TOs. There is rarely even going to be a defense like that.

Dude, get out of here before Rockport sees this.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yes. It must be hilarious to read a response to the Cowboys offense improving with Rush with the fact that they just played their worst offensive game with him.

LOLs all around.
Are we laughing at my post. All I was saying is that Rush seems more relaxed in the system. We had good rushing yardage. Rush only had 100 yards passing. But the Offense looked better. Considering facing donald.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yes. It must be hilarious to read a response to the Cowboys offense improving with Rush with the fact that they just played their worst offensive game with him.

LOLs all around.

They won against the defending Super Bowl champion who has a quality defense.....but let's hit the Panic Alarm over the offense.....must be difficult to enjoy a 4-game winning streak for some in this group.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Are we laughing at my post. All I was saying is that Rush seems more relaxed in the system. We had good rushing yardage. Rush only had 100 yards passing. But the Offense looked better. Considering facing donald.

I think his comment was directed at me but the context towards yours is the same in that some people overlook the Rams defense and their defending Super Bowl status while failing to see Rush has only started 5 games.....****** he should have dropped 30 on the Rams! lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They won against the defending Super Bowl champion who has a quality defense.....but let's hit the Panic Alarm over the offense.....must be difficult to enjoy a 4-game winning streak for some in this group.

He still doesn't get it.

You aren't improving on offense when you just had your worst performance.

At least that's how we see it in the Navy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hell yes we should....Rush doesn't turn it over...constantly moves the ball. Who wouldn't want that?
we lioterall could have ran thwe wildcat NO QB last week and won, acutlaly im betting many games thats fact so far this year 14.4 give that to dayk we are also 4-0 whats your poinmt, really , you saying dak cant be a below averge qb that doesnt score alot and cant get to 20 and win low scorig games?

which ones because

without a dynamic defense and consistent special teams, and a commitment to the run is when we lose Big games against better talent

with those things much more scoring and guess what longer win streaks.

11-0 as rookie
5-0 in the back half of 18 with a playoff win
3-0 to start 2019
6-0 last year 12-5 daks fault 14 penalties, no run game, and a defense that allowed 4 straight scores to stat a game let alone all game and allowed the run game to control the clock.,this happened many times last year and showed up against the 9ers..this is daks fault??

so daks not capable of being just a jag of a QB? also he should sit and allow rush to be the Jag of backup ?? you mean like 2017 when he didn't have zeke, Tyrone and others and when he played like this the blame wen to him being Jag who couldn't put up more than 200yards and didn't score enough Tds. this is without a run game and poor defense. we lost because we did not have team like we do this year.. Dak had to do it ALL and could not, the expectations that he should have its insanity!!

None of these threads make sense, they act as if its Dak that needed to score 30PPG just to stay in many games in his career, somehow its Dak that commits league record in penalty's, historically bad defense, its Dak that calls pass happy abandon the run game plans, its dak that misses FGs and Xps, its dak that drops passes and can't get open,

you would see who Rush was if that happened in these 4 games...

its dak that ,,.. the zone sees all these issues as Daks issues.. LMAO Its the opposite, if Dak has support of the team , he wins far more games than rush has ever played in..those win streaks prove it.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You can score in every quarter and still lose.

We saw this defense last year and everyone knew that they were going to get better this year. We saw what the Cowboys done in free agency and knew the offense was going to take a step backwards. The fact that this team is still winning games with low offensive production is a good sign. Because it means this defense is playing at a championship level. So the two questions are... can this defense keep it up, and can the offense step it up?

Quinn has a lot of players on defense that can get the job done. He needs to play his backups more as the season goes on, IMO. To keep the started from wearing themselves down in a 17 game season. That's how this defense could maintain their current intensity throughout the whole year. And on offense...let's just hope Dak is the missing link to better production.

teslafan

Reaction score

Hard to take your comment serious dude when you say WE are currently at 7, then you end by saying don't compare THEM to OURS. So are you Raven or Cowboy fan?

TOs are big but they don't tell the whole story. I would submit that a timely sack or TFL is just s good as a TO. This team is doing that in spades...plus we get turnovers. So yes they are not as good as the Ravens yet....But Micah Parsons is a better player than Ray Lewis as he is much more versatile. Ed Reed is obviously better than Diggs, but Diggs is pretty good in his own right.

We also have a supporting defensive and special teams corp that is as good as anyone out there. We have already beat both of last years Super Bowl Teams....wait for it....with our 2nd string quarterback!!! So heck yeah this Defense is exceptional and can win a Super Bowl as we have already beaten the best!!!

Last edited:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He still doesn't get it.

You aren't improving on offense when you just had your worst performance.

At least that's how we see it in the Navy.

Well being in the Navy explains a lot when it comes to distortion. :) All in good fun brother. Don't mind the idiot Army guy that just found out he needs back surgery.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
If Jerry Jones allows Kellen Moore to continue doing what he’s doing when Dak comes back , this team can literally make a super bowl run.

If Cowboys go back to 45 passes a game they will be flaming out like they do every year.

Bates

Reaction score
Not true, The Ravens with Ray Lewis embarrassed opponents in the regular season and went on to win the Super Bowl without scoring much on offense. The opposing players were scared to catch or run the ball because they knew they were gonna get hit hard by somebody on that defense!

I believe the Cowboys are instilling that same fear in their opponents this season. Every quarterback we play is running for his life, and we are for the most part applying explosive hits at the point of contact on plays.

This defense its the Real Deal and can take us to the Promise Land just like the Raven's defense did!

they did have to outscore some teams in the playoffs. They gave up 35 and 31 points winning both by just a field goal. 24 was the fewest points they scored. Twice scoring over 34.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have scored 7 offensive touchdowns during their 4 game winning streak.

Convince yourself that's good enough, if you like, but do you really think it's good enough to march to a championship?

You know it's not, but some of you are too invested in a narrative to acknowledge it. Ask yourself how you got there. :rolleyes:

No, in general it's not enough. But we are less than a third of the way thru the season. The framework is there to score more though and I believe it will increase.

We can take comfort in the fact that we have lined up against some solid opponents and got after them rather than just getting punched in the face.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The thing of it is, when we've needed the offense to score, they've scored. Whether it is to win the game or to match a score and take back the lead.

This shouldn't be under appreciated. Not letting things snowball is a huge emotional advantage to playing within yourselves.

teslafan

Reaction score
The Cowboys never get respect. Before we played the G-Men they were considered world beaters at 2-0 ,but after we beat them they were saying oh well was only the Giants. Well the Giants have beaten the Packers...and we have beaten the Bengals and the Rams...and if it wasn't for Dad trying to be superman we would be undefeated. That was a dirty trick by NFL to make us start 2 straight seasons playing Tom Brady!

Last edited:

teslafan

Reaction score
they did have to outscore some teams in the playoffs. They gave up 35 and 31 points winning both by just a field goal. 24 was the fewest points they scored. Twice scoring over 34.

I'm sure you are right as I did not go back to look at all game scores, I was just commenting from memory. But my point remains, they were not a shoot-out type team. They relied heavily on Ray and the defense. Just like we will rely heavily on Micah and the defense. To be honest I don't see us giving up 35 points, but if we do I think with Dak back we can run up the score as well. Heck I think Cooper can run up the score if given the chance. In fact if not for all the drops...CeeDee a sure touchdown a couple games ago, Gallup a chain mover the last game. Yeah Rush can go get 35 if we need it, but the receivers have to catch the darn ball.

Bates

Reaction score
I'm sure you are right as I did not go back to look at all game scores, I was just commenting from memory. But my point remains, they were not a shoot-out type team. They relied heavily on Ray and the defense. Just like we will rely heavily on Micah and the defense. To be honest I don't see us giving up 35 points, but if we do I think with Dak back we can run up the score as well. Heck I think Cooper can run up the score if given the chance. In fact if not for all the drops...CeeDee a sure touchdown a couple games ago, Gallup a chain mover the last game. Yeah Rush can go get 35 if we need it, but the receivers have to catch the darn ball.

That’s everyone’s memory. I was just checking them out yesterday for my own curiosity. They had to go to overtime in one playoff game. Also, their offense wasn’t as bad as people think. They were top 10-15 in most offensive stats including scoring.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
It’s not going to be that way all season, eventually we’re going to have to start scoring more points to win games. Sooner or later we’re going to give up 3 to 4 TDs in a game and it’s going take 28+ for us to win. It’s a very easy prediction to make because this is the NFL and we have a long way to go this season. The bottom line is we’re not going to get by with an anemic offense for much longer. We can’t depend on our defense to hold opponents under 20 points every week. I don’t see us beating Philly unless we show more offense than we have the past five games.

You deal with that at the time. We're not throwing it 52 times because it hasn't been necessary.

khiladi

Reaction score

You are confusing the Ravens with Joe Flacco, who had an all-time great play-off run as a QB, with the Ravens of 2000 led by Trent Dilfer, which was the number 1 ranked defense and no team outside the Texans scored double digits on them and it was a whopping 10 points. That Ravens team generated over 60 TOs in that season.