Video: Strange stat on Cowboys scoring

My3Sons

Reaction score
The Cowboys have scored 7 offensive touchdowns during their 4 game winning streak.

Convince yourself that's good enough, if you like, but do you really think it's good enough to march to a championship?

You know it's not, but some of you are too invested in a narrative to acknowledge it. Ask yourself how you got there. :rolleyes:

Well, Dilfer threw for 153Yds 1TD 0 Int in his SB win. Sometimes the defense is good enough as long as you don't make mistakes.

How many championships does Dak have?

Dak 14/29 48% 134 yds 0 TDs 1 Int. 0-1
Rush 72/118 61% 839 yds 4 TDs 0 Int. 4-0

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's not speculation. Dak's VORP is 58, which is 8th behind Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Jackson, Murray, Hurts, and Brady.
more stats lol, what is his win loss record for this season, and what is rush's record??
I wont deny dak is stats champion, heck he wins SB's in the stats, that is why some call him stats prescott.

If you want cowboys to be stats champs, or the most talked about sure dak is better.
If you just want to win game, especially against good teams, then I dont think dak is actually better.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I know this, trying to get through to those "other" who are ignoring the obvious question and answer

Can dak play down to Cooper Rushes level given these same type of games weve seen so far and moving forward, YES (can Moore ignore the urge to call a more wide open pass happy game plan, hmm not sure LOL)

Can Cooper Rush be a top 10 NFL starter like dak has proven ie can he rise to Daks level if needed, id say NO not likely. is Rush going to win out go undefeated, Unlikely and neither will dak so putting in dak doesn't mean we won't lose game Rush would have eventually done as well.

daks already shown this in my above records Daks had many streaks like this and better when he actually has team support.
I wonder if these are the same plays Dak gets just maybe either he picks the shorter WR or the WR run shorter routes. I am keeping these same plays if I am Moore when Dak gets back. Maybe Dak can hit the longer passes more often. But use that 12 personnel and pound the rock.

If Dak comes back and we get away from this formula we will be in trouble.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is pretty odd! It's efficient somehow though which is impressive in itself considering our below average point production.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, we clearly saw that week one before Dak was hurt. Oh wait.

1 game does not effectively describe a players career. I guess I don't know how else to convey this.

Dak Prescott is at the very least a 10% improvement over Cooper Rush.

Last edited:

LovinItAll

Reaction score
more stats lol, what is his win loss record for this season, and what is rush's record??
I wont deny dak is stats champion, heck he wins SB's in the stats, that is why some call him stats prescott.

If you want cowboys to be stats champs, or the most talked about sure dak is better.
If you just want to win game, especially against good teams, then I dont think dak is actually better.

It doesn’t matter if you think he’s better or not. He’s going to be the starting QB for the Cowboys for a long time. If you don’t think he’s any good, you best hope he gets better, because you’ll be watching him being center for at least 6-7 more years unless he sustains a serious injury.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter if you think he’s better or not. He’s going to be the starting QB for the Cowboys for a long time. If you don’t think he’s any good, you best hope he gets better, because you’ll be watching him being center for at least 6-7 more years unless he sustains a serious injury.
true I am aware of all that.:eek:

nobody

Reaction score
1 game does not effectively describe a players career. I guess I don't know how else to convey this.

Dak Prescott is at the very least a 10% improvement over Cooper Rush.

It's not just one game. It's a steady decline since last year's injury. Can he recover and get better? Sure. But he's not a guaranteed improvement just by starting at the moment. It's on him to prove that. The proof is in the pudding.

catiii

Reaction score
I don’t want to throw it 52 times or even 42 but we do need more production from the passing game if we’re going to sustain drives and score more points/TDs. We had only 10 first downs last week and reached the redzone only twice you’re not going to beat good teams doing that. The Rams certainly haven’t been a good team so far this season. If we don’t generate more offense on Sunday night than we did last week we’re not beating Philly.
Who says we won't? Who says Rush can't do it? Many here, believe it or not, don't WANT Rush to do it because they're Dakboi fans, not Cowboy fans/ Are you one of those guys?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Dak was playing putting up the same numbers with offense not generating much, his critics would be all over him. I love the fact that Rush has been able to avoid major mistakes, when Dallas can stay in 2nd/3rd and short we can move the ball but right now this team is struggling to convert 3rd downs and not putting points on the board. Rush will need to produce better than he has and really that goes for the entire offense. I'm not going to sit here and say everything is peaches and cream on offense, it is not. For those acting like it is ask yourself, if this offense was not producing with Dak at QB would you be cheering him on? Right now Rush is the QB and he will need to step up his game

Scotman

Reaction score
You are clearly going to need Dak to get back and be more productive on offense to win some of these games coming up. Rush has been a great fill in. The game plan has been MUCH better. Moore and Dak both need to step up so we can run with the big dogs offensively.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, this last 4 game stretch is wearing out the defense. YES...they have stepped up big time. But the TOP and effort they are putting in is taking it's toll. This is a LONG season. Your championship caliber defense is going to need the offense to give them a hand at some point. 17 games just to get to the post season. And, it needs to not end there! I wouldn't be surprised if the days of one side carrying the other all the way to the Superbowl may much more of a rarity in the future.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wonder if these are the same plays Dak gets just maybe either he picks the shorter WR or the WR run shorter routes. I am keeping these same plays if I am Moore when Dak gets back. Maybe Dak can hit the longer passes more often. But use that 12 personnel and pound the rock.

If Dak comes back and we get away from this formula we will be in trouble.
IN trouble LOL OK sure lets take wild guess and ignore dak and this team went 12-5 last year and now are actually better in many ways..dont underestimate Dak and this offense because you think you know it needs to be ran by a lessor qb..LOL

Last year 6-0 run was with Dak and with similar gameplan but im more comfortable knowing Dak can make team pay much more then rush for overpaying the run.. you pay your best payers, period.. you dont play scared or in a shell.. smart yes and since when is dak not smart? his INT totals are low, Tds are typically high....its the team that let him down in big games.

so lets stop the nitpicking Daks game and start saying things like I sure hope the defense, Sts, and coaching can remain going in this direction when Dak returns. daks not the one committing 14 penalties, drop passes, no run game, missing FGs and XPs, and bad play calls in those games down the stretch and in the playoffs., those were CLEARLY on the team, NOT dak. Expecting Dak to overcome that is about as nonsensical as thinking Rush could do better in those situations. umm NOPE and im sure dak can play down to rushes level no doubt. Knowing he can play better, you start him asap.

Its getting Tiresome. You play YOUR BEST PLAYERS.. Dak better then rush and that not a debate, none, zero..

even on that note the word is Rush will get the start against the eagles but no ones rules out Dak, thats code for he may be active suit up as the backup and come in if the team needs a spark. not saying thats true but thats the vibe im getting and id do that if i were a coach,

glimmerman

Reaction score
IN trouble LOL OK sure lets take wild guess and ignore dak and this team went 12-5 last year and now are actually better in many ways..dont underestimate Dak and this offense because you think you know it needs to be ran by a lessor qb..LOL

Last year 6-0 run was with Dak and with similar gameplan but im more comfortable knowing Dak can make team pay much more then rush for overpaying the run.. you pay your best payers, period.. you dont play scared or in a shell.. smart yes and since when is dak not smart? his INT totals are low, Tds are typically high....its the team that let him down in big games.

so lets stop the nitpicking Daks game and start saying things like I sure hope the defense, Sts, and coaching can remain going in this direction when Dak returns. daks not the one committing 14 penalties, drop passes, no run game, missing FGs and XPs, and bad play calls in those games down the stretch and in the playoffs., those were CLEARLY on the team, NOT dak. Expecting Dak to overcome that is about as nonsensical as thinking Rush could do better in those situations. umm NOPE and im sure dak can play down to rushes level no doubt. Knowing he can play better, you start him asap.

Its getting Tiresome. You play YOUR BEST PLAYERS.. Dak better then rush and that not a debate, none, zero..

even on that note the word is Rush will get the start against the eagles but no ones rules out Dak, thats code for he may be active suit up as the backup and come in if the team needs a spark. not saying thats true but thats the vibe im getting and id do that if i were a coach,
Yes I believe he will be suited up. He maybe a able to throw the ball effectively by the end of the week.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Who says we won't? Who says Rush can't do it? Many here, believe it or not, don't WANT Rush to do it because they're Dakboi fans, not Cowboy fans/ Are you one of those guys?

Many here don’t want Rush to throw a lot because they’re Dak fans? :laugh: The team doesn’t want him throwing a lot because he has to be protected from making mistakes. We have no chance with him if he turns the football over. The defense is carrying the team and we can’t afford to put them in bad situations having to defend a short field. Rush will have to throw more on Sunday night than he did last week because Philly is going to stack the run and force him to try and beat them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Dak was playing putting up the same numbers with offense not generating much, his critics would be all over him. I love the fact that Rush has been able to avoid major mistakes, when Dallas can stay in 2nd/3rd and short we can move the ball but right now this team is struggling to convert 3rd downs and not putting points on the board. Rush will need to produce better than he has and really that goes for the entire offense. I'm not going to sit here and say everything is peaches and cream on offense, it is not. For those acting like it is ask yourself, if this offense was not producing with Dak at QB would you be cheering him on? Right now Rush is the QB and he will need to step up his game
:hammer::popcorn: