Stuff I learned today

Creeper

Reaction score
Bubble wrap, a $50 billion business, was invented in Saddle Brook, NJ, which is not far from where I live. Two guys were trying to come up with a new textured wall paper and discovered bubble wrap by accident. They failed at the wall paper, but realized the bubble wrap was a good cushioning material. Contrary to popular belief, the air in the bubbles of the bubble wrap is not pumped in, it is just the air trapped when one sheet of plastic is layered onto another sheet while the two sheets are heated. Of course one sheet has the bubbles pressed into it before the two sheets are layered.

So when you pop those bubbles for relieve stress, think of NJ!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Bubble wrap, a $50 billion business, was invented in Saddle Brook, NJ, which is not far from where I live. Two guys were trying to come up with a new textured wall paper and discovered bubble wrap by accident. They failed at the wall paper, but realized the bubble wrap was a good cushioning material. Contrary to popular belief, the air in the bubbles of the bubble wrap is not pumped in, it is just the air trapped when one sheet of plastic is layered onto another sheet while the two sheets are heated. Of course one sheet has the bubbles pressed into it before the two sheets are layered.

So when you pop those bubbles for relieve stress, think of NJ!
My aunt used to live in Saddle Brook, so I've been there many times. Used to watch the drive-in from their street.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Doctors told me if I kept drinking the way I do I wouldn't make it to 40. Welp here I am still Smirnoffing away.

Creeper

Reaction score
I learned that GLP-1 receptor binders like Ozempic cause users to lose weight, but not just body fat. They also cause a loss of muscle mass. This is why Ozempic users eventually look like Skeletor with sunken eye balls and skinny arms and legs. For diabetics this is a negative side effect since muscle uses glucose in the blood to grow and function. People using these drugs should be lifting weights or doing other resistance exercises to build muscle or at least retain the muscle they have.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I learned that GLP-1 receptor binders like Ozempic cause users to lose weight, but not just body fat. They also cause a loss of muscle mass. This is why Ozempic users eventually look like Skeletor with sunken eye balls and skinny arms and legs. For diabetics this is a negative side effect since muscle uses glucose in the blood to grow and function. People using these drugs should be lifting weights or doing other resistance exercises to build muscle or at least retain the muscle they have.
Saw a YouTube video on it and was pretty scary all the other things it’s been proven to do to people.

You definitely pay the price for thinking all it takes is a pill to lose weight.

Creeper

Reaction score
Saw a YouTube video on it and was pretty scary all the other things it’s been proven to do to people.

You definitely pay the price for thinking all it takes is a pill to lose weight.
My doctor told me his office is on the phone all day trying to locate Ozempic refills for his diabetes patients. Many had grossly overweight so they need both the weight loss advantage as well as the lowering of blood glucose. He was told that they are ramping up production to meet demand though.