Stuff I learned today

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Apparently, it really isn't, the most used is "Happy Birthday". After thinking more about it, it did seem off that "U Can't Touch This" would be that high. It seems that it came from an article that was widely picked up, but it only used 4000 movies, not every movie. :rolleyes:

https://www.cbr.com/happy-birthday-to-you-most-used-song-movies/

Started thinking about songs like "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", "What A Wonderful World", "Born To Be Wild", "Fortunate Son" etc. seems like these were way more used, among a few others. I looked and there were a few "Most Used" lists, but either referenced the same article or they were all different, no real consensus.....lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Apparently, it really isn't, the most used is "Happy Birthday". After thinking more about it, it did seem off that "U Can't Touch This" would be that high. It seems that it came from an article that was widely picked up, but it only used 4000 movies, not every movie. :rolleyes:

https://www.cbr.com/happy-birthday-to-you-most-used-song-movies/

Started thinking about songs like "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", "What A Wonderful World", "Born To Be Wild", "Fortunate Son" etc. seems like these were way more used, among a few others. I looked and there were a few "Most Used" lists, but either referenced the same article or they were all different, no real consensus.....lol
I'm glad you got back to me on this, because it was very disappointing to think that song (which I don't hate, but certainly don't consider one of the greatest) would be the most used.

I would have thought maybe Bad to the Bone or something by AC/DC would be higher up the list than that one.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I actually heard this a few days ago, but the most used song in movie soundtracks is MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This"

cant-touch-this-mc-hammer.gif
Wow. Not the song I would picture. Probably in a lot of comedies?

I would have guessed “O Fortuna.”

From movies, both comedy and drama….

….to about a million trailers.

There’s also a large collection on YouTube of custom videos where people attach it to several different movies and trailers proving that it can work with just about anything. LOL

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I'm glad you got back to me on this, because it was very disappointing to think that song (which I don't hate, but certainly don't consider one of the greatest) would be the most used.

I would have thought maybe Bad to the Bone or something by AC/DC would be higher up the list than that one.
Bad to the Bone has to be in a top ten list too. I’ve seen it in a million comedies. And I see the clarification on the list above. Happy Birthday? That‘s a trick question. I’m sure there is a Christmas song or two somewhere in the top ten list too with all the Xmas movies, TV episodes and commercials that have been made over the decades.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I found out there is a property, just outside New Braunfels TX., on Google maps listed as "Secret Squirrel Facility" and also labels it as a "government office"
cHdSt1bG

There are a bunch of satellite dishes, it used to belong to a telecom company, but don't know what it is now. The term "secret squirrel" is often used in military/government to describe classified missions/operators. Curious to find out what it is.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Today I learned that during Gregg Popovich's (Pop), 28 year term as HC of the San Antonio Spurs, he has coached against 307 other Head Coaches. The Spurs play the Knicks tonight and they have had 12 HC's during that same time span.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
You know of people who killed someone because they smoked a joint, or ate an edible? I've never in my life met a person who wasn't less violent on THC.
Only scenario I can think of is if they ate too many edibles at once and got in a car and swerved into someone. Same as alcohol. Doubt it would happen through smoking unless they had some of that crazy hybrid stuff the people grow now.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Found out today that many plumbers refer to Black Friday as "Brown Friday" because of all the increased calls for clogs, they get about 10 times as many calls for clogs on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

paladin

Reaction score
OK
Watched the Godfather yet again.
Another reason Johnny Fontaine wants that role in Woltz movie
Woltz is talented..In the horse head scene ..... theres an Oscar statuette on his nightstand.

When Luca Brazi enters Bruno Tatalilia restaurant to meet with Solozzo.... theres beautiful etched glass on the front windows.
Two fishes
Because Luca Brazi is going to sleep....

Coppola is good

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
OK
Watched the Godfather yet again.
Another reason Johnny Fontaine wants that role in Woltz movie
Woltz is talented..In the horse head scene ..... theres an Oscar statuette on his nightstand.

When Luca Brazi enters Bruno Tatalilia restaurant to meet with Solozzo.... theres beautiful etched glass on the front windows.
Two fishes
Because Luca Brazi is going to sleep....

Coppola is good
Godfather is one of those rare movies that can make its own decent books and TV shows about "the making of" because there is so much pop trivia involved.

Everything from easter eggs you reference to the studio wanting Robert Redford as Michael Corleone (Huh?) to Marlon Brando stuffing cottonballs in his cheeks to do his Vito Corleone character to the real mafia controlling situations during filming.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do NOT turn my post into some kind of political agenda.

I was shocked to learn today that there is a Tesla charging station with around 8 units.

I say this because my town is a small rural town in WV.

I know there are a few EVs around our area but I just figured they set up a charging port at their homes.