Stuff I learned today

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do NOT turn my post into some kind of political agenda.

I was shocked to learn today that there is a Tesla charging station with around 8 units.

I say this because my town is a small rural town in WV.

I know there are a few EVs around our area but I just figured they set up a charging port at their homes.
I don't understand your second sentence.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand your second sentence.
Just did not think a small rural town in WV would have a tesla charging station. Thought it would be years before we seen that in our neck of the woods.

Have seen the in other larger towns.

7uhXykoUu4gdMenVxvoWLC-650-80.jpg.webp
https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/7uhXykoUu4gdMenVxvoWLC-650-80.jpg.webp

triplets_93

Reaction score
TIL that there is button I can press on the outside HVAC contactor switch that will cause the fan to turn, to test if the fan motor still works.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
To identify the uber-valuable refractor sports trading cards, look for the rainbow colors on side edges under light, and most current cards have a code on back to identify it.

Going through my old sports cards, and apparently, I stopped right as these things were entering the market. What a pain it was trying to find out what I had.

Something wrong with traditional numbers on the back of cards and an occasional curse word on Billy Ripken's bat to make the rare valuable card?

Kobe Bryant's rookie refractor is one of the most valuable refractor cards. (I did not have the refractor, I checked)

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I learned today, that the stereotypical pirate accent was started by the actor Robert Newton who portrayed Long John Silver in the 1950 movie "Treasure Island". He used an exaggerated version of his native English West Country accent. They emphasize their R's and tend to use the word "be" in place of "is" and "are" and that they do use the word "arrrr" in place of yes. Unfortunately he passed away in 1956 and likely never knew the impact the performance would have.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I learned today, that the stereotypical pirate accent was started by the actor Robert Newton who portrayed Long John Silver in the 1950 movie "Treasure Island". He used an exaggerated version of his native English West Country accent. They emphasize their R's and tend to use the word "be" in place of "is" and "are" and that they do use the word "arrrr" in place of yes. Unfortunately he passed away in 1956 and likely never knew the impact the performance would have.
Wow, that's pretty cool to know!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty cool to know!
Yeah. I saw that movie when I was younger, but of course never realized that, kinda cool. I also learned the pirate phrase for sneaking a drink from a sealed cask of rum/ale and although it contains no curse words, would still likely earn me a timeout from the mods if I repeated it here......... :laugh:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I learned today that a Surgeon can perform an x-ray guided injection into the lumbosacral spine for L4/L5 herniated disc impingement in about 3 minutes. Wasn't the most pleasant experience, but not as horrible as one may imagine.
I just got a similar procedure done today. Mine too was x-ray guided, but it was a little lower at the S1.

The worst part was the contrast dye. Didn't think my pain could get worse, but life...uh...finds a way.
b13fq2W.gif

Fortunately the doctor gave me the good stuff immediately after the contest dye. I walked in hunched over in severe pain and in a span of a few minutes I walked out standing tall with no pain. :thumbup:

Just realized I did an impression of the evolution of man picture from the The Big Bang Theory intro.
dlrsh4a.jpg

:laugh:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I just got a similar procedure done today. Mine too was x-ray guided, but it was a little lower at the S1.

The worst part was the contrast dye. Didn't think my pain could get worse, but life...uh...finds a way.
b13fq2W.gif

Fortunately the doctor gave me the good stuff immediately after the contest dye. I walked in hunched over in severe pain and in a span of a few minutes I walked out standing tall with no pain. :thumbup:

Just realized I did an impression of the evolution of man picture from the The Big Bang Theory intro.
dlrsh4a.jpg

:laugh:
Glad it brought you relief. Stay healthy and pain free.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I (re) learned today that a proctology exam is as uncomfortable and embarrassing as every comedy skit protrays it to be.

I don't know how the doctor remains busy-like and professional after conducting the exam.
That reminds me of an old Ray Ramano bit. "I was afraid it was going to hurt during my prostate exam...but I was more afraid it wouldn't hurt." Or something along those line.