CFZ Sturm was dead wrong about Dak Prescott

Nav22

Reaction score
Analyzing a QB is not about team record. Should be obvious.
Tell that to @CATCH17 , who just said that QBs must win before getting paid.

I used his own logic to blow up his argument, and his only response left will be, “DURRR DON’T COMPARE DAK TO HERBERT!”
:laugh:

Reactions: Ken

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I noticed you threw Herbert in there.

16-18 career record. On his rookie deal.

So if he doesn’t “win jack squat” in the next couple years, you’d let Herbert walk, right?
:laugh:

That’s your gotchya ? Lol weak and pathetic.

I can’t believe some of you still stand by your stupidity when I was the one right all along.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
He fell for the old overrating a QB who looks good right away thingie.
Dude how thick in the head are you?

For years I’ve said pay elite QBs and guys that have won championships.

I had no problem with the Ravens paying Flacco because he delivered them a ring.

Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?

Be great or bring a title to the team but don’t pay Dakverage do nothings.

Dak isn’t an elite player and he hasn’t won squat.

Heres the thing...you have to admit you would be fired quickly as a GM though, right. What you are proposing isnt how the contract market works for professional players. Youre making up a new way of how players get paid. I suspect that the reason why we have players getting contracts that they dont deliver on is....because your BULLET PROOF way of getting your monies worth doesnt work as well as paying a hot hand. Especially with a QB in the NFL. A super tough position that many many cant perform well doing. Your assertion is to flush decent prospects and never pay them until a Super Bowl. While your division rival scoops up Dak after you waived and is getting into the playoffs with him and you are stuck with Chad Hutchinsons until you get lucky and draft a Brady. With no timetable on when that might happen.

The NFL just doest work like what all you posters claiming BULLET PROOF ways to GET YOUR MONIES WORTH. There are some serious things you are leaving out that actually matter when its time for a player to get his new contract...and sometimes Organizations are put in tough situations on what to do. But some of you act like all these GM's are stupid and its not hard or a difficult situation. You just think moneyballing everything is how it should be done while glossing over some serious issues with that approach.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
So...instead of just arguing. Or just making fun of others mistakes with easy explanations on how it should have been done(ex. just dont pay non-champions)...

I think in the above scenario something like what NBA does with Designated Rookie Contracts. If the player makes an All-Star Game, wins an MVP or Championship...you can designate him and pay him more than any other team on his next contract. Something along those lines might help. But youre still going to have to pay near max for hot hands or risk waiving them and your division rival picks them up, wins a championship...and then you have egg all over your face. Your fan base ridiculing you and demanding you sell the team. Because you wouldnt pay a player.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Heres the thing...you have to admit you would be fired quickly as a GM though, right. What you are proposing isnt how the contract market works for professional players. Youre making up a new way of how players get paid. I suspect that the reason why we have players getting contracts that they dont deliver on is....because your BULLET PROOF way of getting your monies worth doesnt work as well as paying a hot hand. Especially with a QB in the NFL. A super tough position that many many cant perform well doing. Your assertion is to flush decent prospects and never pay them until a Super Bowl. While your division rival scoops up Dak after you waived and is getting into the playoffs with him and you are stuck with Chad Hutchinsons until you get lucky and draft a Brady. With no timetable on when that might happen.

The NFL just doest work like what all you posters claiming BULLET PROOF ways to GET YOUR MONIES WORTH. There are some serious things you are leaving out that actually matter when its time for a player to get his new contract...and sometimes Organizations are put in tough situations on what to do. But some of you act like all these GM's are stupid and its not hard or a difficult situation. You just think moneyballing everything is how it should be done while glossing over some serious issues with that approach.

There was plenty of information available. If I can figure it out then surely a pro organization can.

Pay Zeke 15 Million. Pay Dak 40. Clearly stupid stupid moves before we ever did them.

The fact that this is their job makes it worse and it’s not an excuse. If Dak and Zeke were that valuable then surely they would’ve had trade value to get compensation for them.

The goal is to WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS not lock ourselves into MEDIOCRITY.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
There was plenty of information available. If I can figure it out then surely a pro organization can.

Pay Zeke 15 Million. Pay Dak 40. Clearly stupid stupid moves before we ever did them.

The fact that this is their job makes it worse and it’s not an excuse. If Dak and Zeke were that valuable then surely they would’ve had trade value to get compensation for them.

The goal is to WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS not lock ourselves into MEDIOCRITY.

Zeke contract might be questionable. Jaylon Smith was risky. But not Dak. No organization was letting that guy walk and have egg on their face. He had played well enough at a tough position. QB market rates are crazy...thats because ALL ORGANIZATIONS overpay for QBs or the hope for a QB.

Youre leaving things that matter out of your easy explanations. Your easy explanations are not how things are done and I suspect there is valid reason for that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke contract might be questionable. Jaylon Smith was risky. But not Dak. No organization was letting that guy walk and have egg on their face. He had played well enough at a tough position. QB market rates are crazy...thats because ALL ORGANIZATIONS overpay for QBs or the hope for a QB.

Youre leaving things that matter out of your easy explanations. Your easy explanations are not how things are done and I suspect there is valid reason for that.

Dak’s was very questionable. In fact it was a national debate for multiple years.

Just because other teams were stupid didn’t mean Dallas had to be.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Youre still oversimplifying everything. If it was as easy as you suggest every player in the league would be on value or fair contracts.

Its just not as easy as you or other posters are making it out to be.

khiladi

Reaction score
They had ZERO need to pay Dak, as they could have franchised him once again coming off a broken leg.

The reality is, players coming out in support if Dak getting paid says nothing about their views on him as elite or whatever, because it raises the value of the market. Any bump in pay for a mediocre QB raises their pay.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
They had ZERO need to pay Dak, as they could have franchised him once again coming off a broken leg.

The reality is, players coming out in support if Dak getting paid says nothing about their views on him as elite or whatever, because it raises the value of the market. Any bump in pay for a mediocre QB raises their pay.

I could be wrong...but wouldnt another Tag risked pissing the player off and him leaving? Sure he would have been paid well for a year like top QBs...but they want multi year deals.

shabazz

Reaction score
I like dak I’m just being honest what’s his record against winning teams the past few seasons?

18-24 against winning teams and 1-3 in the playoffs……

we’ve been told here by some that only teams have win and loss records and not quarterbacks but somehow that never stopped them from pointing out that Romo had a 2-4 playoff record…..don’t know why the rules on that have changed.

khiladi

Reaction score
I could be wrong...but wouldnt another Tag risked pissing the player off and him leaving? Sure he would have been paid well for a year like top QBs...but they want multi year deals.

But he choked like he always choked. Now they got a no-trade clause on a QB that is mediocre and can’t throw against a zone consistently to save his life, even though the trends always showed it. Padding stats in garbage time to still lose, doesn’t make you elite. Facts are Dallas held all the cards at that point and they willingly gave it all up.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
But he choked like he always choked. Now they got a no-trade clause on a QB that Dallas held all the cards at that point.

Youre admitting that the way IT SHOULD BE is not how the League works, though.

No team wants a bitter player or to put themselves in a position for a prospect to walk. Check out how the Dallas Mavericks put themselves in a bad situation with Jalen Brunson and he walked.

How the over-simplifiers are suggesting how things should work is not how they actually work. Its way more complicated. You cant just sweep these other variables under the rug in real life if youre an NFL GM. You only can sweep them under the rug if youre an internet GM.

khiladi

Reaction score
Youre admitting that the way IT SHOULD BE is not how the League works, though.

No team wants a bitter player or to put themselves in a position for a prospect to walk. Check out how the Dallas Mavericks put themselves in a bad situation with Jalen Brunson and he walked.

How the over-simplifiers are suggesting how things should work is not how they actually work. Its way more complicated. You cant just sweep these other variables under the rug in real life if youre an NFL GM. You only can sweep them under the rug if youre an internet GM.

They franchised him the year before and Dak folded at the last minute to sign. He was coming off a broken leg and nothing but garbage-time stats in losses. They guy was mediocre and with a broken leg, it was even more of a risk. If was completely asinine to pay him out such a contract, especially with a no trade-clause.

They owed him nothing in reality for his mediocre play and constant baby-sitting to try and make sure he succeeds. He’s proven in time and time again, he was the weak link being carried by the talent.

FTWayne

Reaction score
I’ve deleted some insults in this thread already and issuing a warning- STOP THE INSULTS. If you can’t make your point without insulting someone you’ve already lost the “argument”.
you need to delete more, if you look in any thread, that's all you will see.