CFZ Sturm was dead wrong about Dak Prescott

Whyjerry

Reaction score
For 40 million a year (20% of our cap) he better be perfect or really close !!!!!!
1. Look at the Watson and Murray contracts.
2. Are you paying the salary?
3. Do you understand supply and demand?

shabazz

Reaction score
Are they?
I think they are still here.
Any evidence to the contrary?

Only his small tight knit posse are still as vocal. I don’t mind someone being loyal and defending a certain player in the face of abysmal performance.

however what I view as borderline unhealthy fanaticism, is the couple members here that started threads dedicated to just one pass to Brown that was not perfect even though caught , and the other dude that starts a thread with a stat showing Rush was an inaccurate passer.

Starting threads that plead for everyone to notice that an UDFA quarterback is inaccurate is like telling us water is wet. The insecurity is strong in that very small posse……most of Daks personal fans haven’t stooped to that level…..they have enough sense to wait till Rush fails, to start their own threads, lol

it’s been immensely entertaining though

DFWJC

Reaction score
I've always liked Sturm's football input---way more than most of the other knuckleheads out there..
But I've also always felt he was fairly clueless regarding QB play.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Look at the Watson and Murray contracts.
2. Are you paying the salary?
3. Do you understand supply and demand?
Do you understand that kind of money brings demands esp from ownership and the fans?
Did you hear the home crowd boo Dak?

Do you understand not living up to the contract and its implications?
Guess not.....

shabazz

Reaction score
Do you understand that kind of money brings demands esp from ownership and the fans?
Did you hear the home crowd boo Dak?

Do you understand not living up to the contract and its implications?
Guess not.....

they fail to grasp productivity being commensurate with salary cap burden…..it’s a lost cause.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Only his small tight knit posse are still as vocal. I don’t mind someone being loyal and defending a certain player in the face of abysmal performance.

however what I view as borderline unhealthy fanaticism, is the couple members here that started threads dedicated to just one pass to Brown that was not perfect even though caught , and the other dude that starts a thread with a stat showing Rush was an inaccurate passer.

Starting threads that plead for everyone to notice that an UDFA quarterback is inaccurate is like telling us water is wet. The insecurity is strong in that very small posse……most of Daks personal fans haven’t stooped to that level…..they have enough sense to wait till Rush fails, to start their own threads, lol

it’s been immensely entertaining though
There is mucho wisdom in your words kimosabe.
Not in this post, but...
Generally overall and all that.

Oh, and yeah. I gotcha.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
In the Athletic, Sturm wrote an article entitled, “Cowboys QB Dak Prescott is 29, It is Time to Win.” Since we can’t post from that magazine as per the filter on this forum, I suggest you Google it and read it. The reality is Sturm has been the typical fanboy of Dak and he often took jabs at Romo at Dak’s expense. But even Sturm can’t make excuses anymore for Dak.

Sturm has been holding on for years the notion that Dak has been getting harshly criticized because Romo fans, since their boy Romk got the blame, they would make sure Dak got it worse, which is a crock of garbage, as the excuses for Romo were legitimate, while the excuses for Dak were not. In the August 12th article in the Athletic Sturm basically says Dak is 29 and he no longer has excuses.

The main point I want to emphasize, and it’s clear to anybody reading it, what “the haters”

You were doing so well until this part.

So why do you refer to Prescott by his first name, yet then refer to Romo by his last name?

Nav22

Reaction score
I mean he doesn’t beat good teams. The numbers are there. I want dak to be great but he continually disappoints in the big games
“I mean” he was ranked as a top 10 NFL QB by players, coaches, scouts and execs.

You can live in an alternate reality if you’d like.
:thumbup:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It is so nice to see that in my over 20+ years on Cowboys-themed message boards that there is this itching desire to debate about the QB.

The old Carter/Hutchinson wars were raw and necessary.

The debate now with regard to Prescott and Romo is not.

This ridiculousness with Romo and Prescott debate is not accomplishing anything and is just laced with other issues that have no basis on reality.

It is a battle of the romantic imbeciles from the Romo Era sending their bitterness and pain back at the blind Prescott supporters.

grgnfg420

Reaction score
“I mean” he was ranked as a top 10 NFL QB by players, coaches, scouts and execs.

You can live in an alternate reality if you’d like.
:thumbup:

I like dak I’m just being honest what’s his record against winning teams the past few seasons?

Nav22

Reaction score
I like dak I’m just being honest what’s his record against winning teams the past few seasons?
I don’t know, you tell me.

Then tell me where that ranks among all QBs.

Then tell me if you think wins and losses are all on the QB.

Then if you decide wins and losses ARE all on the QB, tell me Dak’s overall W/L record (and where that ranks among all QBs).

You’re welcome.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I respect anyone that can admit they were wrong about a player.

There is no player out there worth gambling your credibility away in their defense year after year

You had me at "... wrong."

Intellectual humility has always been an important character strength to aspire to. It has become more important in these last, say, 30 years, and exponentially more important in these last 10.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The goal is to win a Super Bowl……………

We could never win a Super Bowl while paying Dak so much that it causes holes on the roster around him because he is a QB that gets carried by the team and not a QB that Carrie’s the team.

You pay QBs capable of carrying those around them. Dak should’ve taken a hike.

Paying Zeke was just as moronic.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t know, you tell me.

Then tell me where that ranks among all QBs.

Then tell me if you think wins and losses are all on the QB.

Then if you decide wins and losses ARE all on the QB, tell me Dak’s overall W/L record (and where that ranks among all QBs).

You’re welcome.

Kirk Cousins may be a top 10 QB. You can’t win squat while paying these types of guys like they are Mahomes/Allen/Herbert/Rodgers/ ect…

QBs like Dak usually win on their Rookie deal THEN get paid. Dak got everything while accomplishing Jack squat.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is so nice to see that in my over 20+ years on Cowboys-themed message boards that there is this itching desire to debate about the QB.

The old Carter/Hutchinson wars were raw and necessary.

The debate now with regard to Prescott and Romo is not.

This ridiculousness with Romo and Prescott debate is not accomplishing anything and is just laced with other issues that have no basis on reality.

It is a battle of the romantic imbeciles from the Romo Era sending their bitterness and pain back at the blind Prescott supporters.

I think it stems from the absolute fact that if Romo got his job back in 2016 the Cowboys win the Super Bowl.

Nav22

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins may be a top 10 QB. You can’t win squat while paying these types of guys like they are Mahomes/Allen/Herbert/Rodgers/ ect…

QBs like Dak usually win on their Rookie deal THEN get paid. Dak got everything while accomplishing Jack squat.
I noticed you threw Herbert in there.

16-18 career record. On his rookie deal.

So if he doesn’t “win jack squat” in the next couple years, you’d let Herbert walk, right?
:laugh:

Nav22

Reaction score
I think it stems from the absolute fact that if Romo got his job back in 2016 the Cowboys win the Super Bowl.
Tell us the “absolute fact” about Carson Wentz now.

You know, your man-crush who’s on his 3rd different team in 3 years.
:lmao2:

kskboys

Reaction score
I noticed you threw Herbert in there.

16-18 career record. On his rookie deal.

So if he doesn’t “win jack squat” in the next couple years, you’d let Herbert walk, right?
:laugh:
Analyzing a QB is not about team record. Should be obvious.