Sunday Wildcard Playoff Games

joseephuss

Reaction score
Seattle didn't need CMike having one of the top backs in the league in Lynch but they didn't just let him go they got a 7th round pick from the Cowboys and ended up getting him back for nothing. He contributed to Seattle making the playoffs while the Cowboys who've been led by average backs all season never gave him a chance.

"Never gave him a chance" always makes me laugh. Players make their own chances in everything they do. They don't need to wait to get 20 carries in a game. They need to take their chances in the way they prepare, study game tape and practice. He himself is an average back. If that even.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I'm hoping Stephen isn't as bad, but I'm starting to have my doubts.

Still has to deflect to his dad but I have seen nothing from Stephen that tells me his ego will get in the way of this team like Jerry. Maybe I'm wrong on that though but that is what keeps me from believing Stephen will be like his dad.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm hoping Stephen isn't as bad, but I'm starting to have my doubts.

You already have your answer. If he was truly the voice of sanity, he wouldn't be pretending he's the Director of Player Personnel. He'd say "You know what, Dad? Why don't we hire someone qualified for this?"

It will be a "seamless" transition from father to son.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I'm the Vikings, I keep pounding them with Peterson. That will pay dividends in the 2nd half.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Wow what was that going for it on 4th and 13 and throwing a 4 yard pass??

robjay04

Reaction score
Seattle didn't need CMike having one of the top backs in the league in Lynch but they didn't just let him go they got a 7th round pick from the Cowboys and ended up getting him back for nothing. He contributed to Seattle making the playoffs while the Cowboys who've been led by average backs all season never gave him a chance.

Dallas has a running back that is in the top 5 despite only starting part of the season. We averaged 4.6 for the season.

Silly, silly argument. Christine Michael was not a fit here and had zero to do with that team making the playoffs. The running game was the least of our worries this season.

jgboys1

Reaction score
You already have your answer. If he was truly the voice of sanity, he wouldn't be pretending he's the Director of Player Personnel. He'd say "You know what, Dad? Why don't we hire someone qualified for this?"

It will be a "seamless" transition from father to son.

:thumbdown:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
"Never gave him a chance" always makes me laugh. Players make their own chances in everything they do. They don't need to wait to get 20 carries in a game. They need to take their chances in the way they prepare, study game tape and practice. He himself is an average back. If that even.

CMike had 20 yards on 5 carries vs Seattle in week 8 averaging 4.0 a carry but the Cowboys decided to go away from him and give the brunt of the carries to McFadden who only averaged 3.2 a carry that day. CMike was never given a good chance. The Cowboys are a stupid team that let go of players who produce for other teams. Dwayne Harris came back to haunt them this season with a KO return for a TD. He had more catches and TD's than Dez this season....OUCH! Newman and Pacman Jones helped their respective teams to the playoffs this season. They have 17 INT's between them since they left Dallas while their replacements Carr and Claiborne only have 9 INT's during their entire 4 year stint with the Cowboys.