Suns take worst beating in their franchise history...

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Yep, I could be viewing that elbow from a Laker point of view so I see it as nothing.

It was a great game tonight, Kobe finished amazingly.

Route 66

Reaction score
gazmc_06;1981474 said:
Yep, I could be viewing that elbow from a Laker point of view so I see it as nothing.

It was a great game tonight, Kobe finished amazingly.

If the Suns even squeak by into a lower seed and we play you guys again-I think I will make the loudest G U L P.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
That's exactly how we were looking at the Suns last year, you guys still have some time to get it going before the playoff's though. I still think losing Marion was the worst thing Pheonix could have done.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Rowdy;1981413 said:
Now see? This is a problem because that video clearly shows contact to his jaw and you state it was an act?

I can't keep debating with someone who cannot see reality when it is right in front of him.

And before you throw the charge back at me, I'll state for the record that I do think Bowen has crossed the line at times. When he kicked Wally in the face and Ray Allen in the back for instance. But I don't paint him as a "dirty player" who tries to hurt people on purpose (like Reggie Evans when he grabbed Chris Kaman in the junk).

Bowen is clearly plays the game with every ounce of intensity he has, and sometimes that gets the best of him. He wasn't blessed with the talent of a Kobe or LeBron, and he's had to work like a maniac to get where he's gotten. He's not perfect, but I'm proud to have him be on my team!

Route 66

Reaction score
Danny White;1981500 said:
I can't keep debating with someone who cannot see reality when it is right in front of him.

And before you throw the charge back at me, I'll state for the record that I do think Bowen has crossed the line at times. When he kicked Wally in the face and Ray Allen in the back for instance. But I don't paint him as a "dirty player" who tries to hurt people on purpose (like Reggie Evans when he grabbed Chris Kaman in the junk).

Bowen is clearly plays the game with every ounce of intensity he has, and sometimes that gets the best of him. He wasn't blessed with the talent of a Kobe or LeBron, and he's had to work like a maniac to get where he's gotten. He's not perfect, but I'm proud to have him be on my team!

I dont see why you think I dont have any reality. I agree with your entire post.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Rowdy;1981525 said:
I dont see why you think I dont have any reality. I agree with your entire post.

I don't know of a single Spurs fans who would disagree with any of it either.

So if you agree as well, then I'm not sure how this "debate" got to this point.

Route 66

Reaction score
Danny White;1981540 said:
I don't know of a single Spurs fans who would disagree with any of it either.

So if you agree as well, then I'm not sure how this "debate" got to this point.

Unfortunately it got to that point because z and a few others deny it exists. If they admitted that he has had his moments then this wouldn't have gone over one or two posts on the subject.

Anyway it will be one of the toughest post seasons the West has ever had. The Suns may not even make a seed this year but it will still be great to watch all the top teams take it up a notch and battle it out.:)

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Rowdy;1981559 said:
Unfortunately it got to that point because z and a few others deny it exists. If they admitted that he has had his moments then this wouldn't have gone over one or two posts on the subject.

Anyway it will be one of the toughest post seasons the West has ever had. The Suns may not even make a seed this year but it will still be great to watch all the top teams take it up a notch and battle it out.:)

Well I haven't read every post across these two threads, but the only denials I've seen are Spurs fans denying accusations that Bowen is a "dirty" player who "tries to injure people on purpose" -- accusations that I also deny, and apparently you deny as well.

I haven't seen any Spurs fan claim that Bowen is a saint on the court... if they did claim such a thing, I'd question how many games they've actually seen the Spurs play. :D

Route 66

Reaction score
Danny White;1981622 said:
Well I haven't read every post across these two threads, but the only denials I've seen are Spurs fans denying accusations that Bowen is a "dirty" player who "tries to injure people on purpose" -- accusations that I also deny, and apparently you deny as well.

I haven't seen any Spurs fan claim that Bowen is a saint on the court... if they did claim such a thing, I'd question how many games they've actually seen the Spurs play. :D

Its all good. I have props for the Spurs and their team.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rowdy;1981410 said:
I am not sure whether you truly think that only Suns fans complain about Bowen or you just consider me a liar. Either way here are a few links of many pages worth of comments.

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-blog

http://therealests.blogspot.com/2007/06/bruce-bowens-dirrtiest-hits.html

http://www.bullz-eye.com/paulsen/2007/0523.htm

http://www.rotowire.com/blogs/viewcomments.htm?id=1059

These are just a few. If you want to hash out these sites then we can go over this all over again with another listing of more sites. There is no proof I am getting Bowen under my skin. What it is is the fact that when shown video proof it is denied. At least there was one Spurs fan who said that he could understand a couple of the videos being questionable. That was all I was after. Nothing more. You obviously do not read everything in its entirety or you would see I never said the Spurs beat the Suns because they are dirty and got away with murder. Yet you go on and act like that is what has happened.

Those other players you listed are dirty as well. This all started when some fans just came out and said I am whining and that he doesnt do anything wrong. So being the pursuer of truth that I am I dug deeper into this to prove it.

look, i know there are plenty of fans of other teams that think bowen is dirty. What i wanted from you was proof that NBA people, commentators, writters, players, GMs, etc. i mean, i could find people on the internet that think harry potter is the devil! its not that hard to find people who agree with you on anything on the internet. like danny said, bowen might have done some questionable things, but besides him kicking allen, i dont believe what he has done has been intentional, just a side effect of the effort he plays with. Bruce bowen has been a great citizen in san antonio, a great guy that works with kids all over the city and is probably the most involved NBA player in his community since david robinson. His story is very inspirational to lots of people and thats why we spurs fans feel so strongly about people belittle ling him so much. But this whole argument has gotten way out of hand and id rather just talk about my favorite subject, some real on court NBA basketball. I apologize if i have offended you in any way, but i think we have all expressed our feelings on the subject and we should just move on.

Danny White;1981672 said:

ya, lets just move on, i just got home from watcing semi pro, spurs were in first in the movie too!!! (but we lost the mega bowl to the flint tropics!!, GRRRR)

Route 66

Reaction score
Here is a take on the Suns and their current status. I thought his take on the coach was spot on:

..."You're right about no one wanting to be accountable. As for who should be held accountable, here are two prime candidates:

Sarver: Miscalculating on several fronts regarding player contracts, chasing off the Colangelos (the only intelligent basketball people associated with the team during this ownership era), cashing in four consecutive drafts (plus at the very least one more in the future), refusing to make any extra investment to put the team over the top when it was still close to winning it all.

D'Antoni: Running a one-dimensional system, unmitigated obstinance about making any kind of adjustment to what other teams are doing, refusal to develop team depth vital to season long success, wearing out top rotation with unnecessary long MPG's season after season, total neglect of the key fundamentals of rebounding and defense, resistance to bringing in or developing younger talent, inability to handle even the most fundamental in-game coaching strategies (adjusting rotation, clock management, handling referees). Geez... did I leave anything out?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the cupboard that the Colangelos stocked for this franchise before they left has covered up the utter incompetence of Sarver and D'Antoni for the last four seasons. Now that the cupboard is starting to run bare, mainly through the mismanagement of these two "whiz kids", all we fans are left with is going to be a rather precipitous fall from grace for a once very successful franchise. We many not quite hit the NBA version of skid row for another season or two, but that is what is eventually in the Suns' future. It's totally pathetic.

I guess there can still be some hope if A) we get lucky and/or wise up and start using the draft and free agency wisely again the way the Colangelo's did when they ran the team, and B) get rid of D'Antoni before his continual idiocy ruins any future decent team the Suns may put together (if they achieve Step A, that is)."

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
On the "Bowen is dirty" debate, where would Joe Biden stand?

:laugh2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1983005 said:
On the "Bowen is dirty" debate, where would Joe Biden stand?

:laugh2:

:bang2:

im trying to leave this debate behind me

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
MC KAos;1983206 said:
:bang2:

im trying to leave this debate behind me

I was trying (and failing) to make a joke. (maybe it would have played better in the political zone)

MC KAos

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1983230 said:
I was trying (and failing) to make a joke. (maybe it would have played better in the political zone)

lol, its all good, the political zone can be a scary place

Route 66

Reaction score
Tonight is Portland and I feel that the Suns will take this one. To me this seems like a statement game for them.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rowdy;1983904 said:
Tonight is Portland and I feel that the Suns will take this one. To me this seems like a statement game for them.

ya, we will see tonight how the suns react to all the negative press they are getting, it could light a fire under their A** to get them going finally. Its still early for them and the mavs alike