FEATURED Super Bowl LVIII- 49ers vs Chiefs

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
That’s actually what I landed on, too. Overthinking it and psyching themselves out.

Or maybe it’s symptomatic of Shanahan since this is the third Super Bowl he has refused to run the ball.
Well even the Ravens kind of went away from what they did. I think Bills intentionally neutered Allen for the latter half of the season because of how back breaking the turnovers were for the team...but yes there is an element of lack of gamesmanship when it comes to Shanahan or maybe it's a Dan Campbell pig headness in trying to prove that passing up 28-3 was not a mistake.

plymkr

Reaction score
They at least matter because they have been to 4 CTGs this century and won 3 of them. They have lapped us several times the last 28 years. Nobody thinks the Niners are a joke like they do the Cowboys. There's no Stephen A. Smith equivalent that bags on them every show.
I agree with all that. What I think is interesting is how the 49er fans hate their coach and don’t want to resign their QB.

I think at the end of every season there’s only one fan base that likes their coach and QB, that’s the Super Bowl winner. Cuz I would trade with a 49er fan the team’s success in a heartbeat. But today the 49er fans feel the same way we do.

basel90

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't have a clutch coordinator, so then it's hard to evaluate whether you have a clutch QB or not. If Dak had an OC that could outcoach a defense with simple play calling based on tendencies and pre-snap reads, he'd have more playoff success. Moore and McCarthy, they don't fit that bill.
Dak has had at least 4 OCs and 2 offensive coaches . None of them has worked. At a certain stage you have to look at the QB, guess what , many defenses figured him out a long time ago.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
They at least matter because they have been to 4 CTGs this century and won 3 of them. They have lapped us several times the last 28 years. Nobody thinks the Niners are a joke like they do the Cowboys. There's no Stephen A. Smith equivalent that bags on them every show.
let's be honest. If the Cowboys had three Super Bowl loses in as many years, there is no way the media would not still crap on them and certain fans wouldn't do their usual song and dance.

kwcool619

Reaction score
And quietly KC building a dynasty.....3rd SB win in last 4 years, and possibly being favorite for this next season. Wonder if the owner will fire Reid so he can get all the credit.?
I thought it was 3 SBs in five years. They lost (got smashed and ran out of Tampa) in 2021' and Rams won in 2022.