FEATURED Super Bowl LVIII- 49ers vs Chiefs

zerofill

Reaction score
lol didn't see that interview where Mahomes said Hardman didn't know that was the end of the game.

"Can I tell a quick funny story? I threw a touchdown to this dude to end the game, and he had no idea," Mahomes said, with his arm around Hardman. "I said, 'Dude, we just won the Super Bowl.' He had no idea. He didn't even celebrate at the beginning."

Big_D

Reaction score
I watched for the commercials and H.E.R. was the best part of the halftime show. Although a Super Bowl in OT with the niners losing again was pretty fantastic!

Jipper

Reaction score
Barely watched any of it. Did not watch halftime show. Saw bits of the end. I wish I cared but this is where I’m at as a football fan.
I tried to warch the halftime show on YouTube this am and got through 2 mins before I couldn't take anymore...they had way too much going on and it was just a mess...too bad to bc usher was a great act

Swagger

Reaction score
No I don’t think they’re wrong. They’ve suffered a Super Bowl drought longer than ours. Brock is Dak 2.0. He needs a strong team around him to play well. When his RB fumbles and defense falters he can’t put the team on his back. I would not want to pay him 60 million a year. Same argument I have for Dak. Paying Brock 60 APY would cripple the team. This year was his shot. Next year his window is open but not as good as this year. After they resign him then their roster will have more holes and less likely to win.

Unless you’re Mahomes, Allen, Burrow I think you go cheap at QB and build a strong team around them, JMO.
Fully agree

CWR

Reaction score
Yep. Tactical error by SF.

That's why I hate the new OT rule. There's no longer any real advantage to getting the ball first in OT.
Not a tactical error if your defense is gassed.

It's not ideal, but I understand having to go that way. It probably gave them their best chance at stopping Mahomes. They needed the same defense they relied on most of the last couple years to make a stop.

It was a tough spot to be in though. Sure would've come in handy knowing they had 4 downs to go for 6.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
San Francisco has lost their last three Super Bowls after winning their first five.
And quietly KC building a dynasty.....3rd SB win in last 4 years, and possibly being favorite for this next season. Wonder if the owner will fire Reid so he can get all the credit.?

tomokawan

Reaction score
I tried to warch the halftime show on YouTube this am and got through 2 mins before I couldn't take anymore...they had way too much going on and it was just a mess...too bad to bc usher was a great act
That was a great halftime show for me.

Redline360

Reaction score
Talk shows have been talking about why the niners went what was almost prevent defense the last two series when they were basically shutting them down playing man. Of course some mentioned it was "scripted" cause why else switch

Think Romo even mentioned it once during the game

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Q- What do you call a group of large men sitting around watching the SB on TV?
A- The Dallas Cowboys.
And their fanbase. Honestly, I enjoyed the game. Both defenses played lights out especially in the first half. Of course, if you give Patrick the ball with 2 minutes to go, he's going to get you more often than not. If SF would have made one more 1st down, I think they would have won the game but alas, KC held and the rest is history.

1942willys

Reaction score
And their fanbase. Honestly, I enjoyed the game. Both defenses played lights out especially in the first half. Of course, if you give Patrick the ball with 2 minutes to go, he's going to get you more often than not. If SF would have made one more 1st down, I think they would have won the game but alas, KC held and the rest is history.
Both teams deserved to win that game. Mahomes in the end was the difference.

Toro9

Reaction score
Good game. I was actually rooting for the Niners (don't kill me) because I'm getting sick of the Chiefs, I like underdogs, and I was tired of seeing Taylor Swift and her idiot friends jump around like mentally-challenged cheerleaders. I turned it off right as I saw the TD in OT because I knew they would show Taylor again, probably twice as excited. The thing is, most celebrity romances don't last and 5 years from now Taylor won't give a rat's a* about the Chiefs. Sorry, I'm done now.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Talk shows have been talking about why the niners went what was almost prevent defense the last two series when they were basically shutting them down playing man. Of course some mentioned it was "scripted" cause why else switch

Think Romo even mentioned it once during the game
obviously with the result you can blame it, but they had some injuries piling up and prob didnt feel as confident going man at the risk of giving up a TD.
They still played very well and ultimately what killed them was mahomes running funny enough, surprised they never put a spy on him.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Also i dont mind the new OT rules, always felt the previous one favored offense way too much. Niners probably shouldve deferred, but their defense was just on the field for a good bit before, can see the argument for both.
Funny how once OT started now they started to put the ball in Cmcs hand more lol

Aven8

Reaction score
It was an awesome game. KC’s D kept them in it just like they did against Balty. Mahomes is just too good folks. Loved every minute of it

Staubacher

Reaction score
So I guess Kelce gets a pass for screaming at his coach mid-game and almost knocking him down? Win or lose, I can think of a lot of players that would be raked over the coals for that. But Kelce, oh, he's just wants to win sooo bad.

And the podium remarks - Mahomes was humble and thanked God and talked about the team. Kelce grabs the mike like a drunken frat boy and sings Viva Las Vegas so cringey and dragging it on. Even Swift was looking like "that's enough".

Speaking of her, she better watch out for that temper of his and displays of violence. Dude has DV written all over him.

What a phony "everyman hero" they're trying to shove on us.