Surprise, Surprise. The Cowboys Get An F From Me

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
and this scenario is not what MC is saying..he is wondering why we didnt trade up to get a top 10 pick and grab a QB..this has some logic to it, trading up to a top ten spot with the capitol we had does not...
And perhaps this year is not the best example to support his argument that we should have moved up to get at QB. But to his point from a larger perspective is that at least other team's - although not successful - consistently try to improve what most people would agree is the most important position - which is QB. The more bites at the apple, eventually one works out. It's the same with the defensive lineman. Some fans balk at taking DL in the first round because we haven't been successful at it. That's because we don't make a consistent effort. It's difficult to spot good talent at a particular position when you only draft one in the first round with the same amount of frequency as a solar eclipse. MC could have said that we should have moved up to get Bryon Murphy or Jared Verse, or even perhaps one of the top WRs - the point is that we keep making the same mistakes thinking that the outcome will be different.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
And perhaps this year is not the best example to support his argument that we should have moved up to get at QB. But to his point from a larger perspective is that at least other team's - although not successful - consistently try to improve what most people would agree is the most important position - which is QB. The more bites at the apple, eventually one works out. It's the same with the defensive lineman. Some fans balk at taking DL in the first round because we haven't been successful at it. That's because we don't make a consistent effort. It's difficult to spot good talent at a particular position when you only draft one in the first round with the same amount of frequency as a solar eclipse. MC could have said that we should have moved up to get Bryon Murphy or Jared Verse, or even perhaps one of the top WRs - the point is that we keep making the same mistakes thinking that the outcome will be different.
totally agree, have said for many years dont understand why we need 1st rounders at every position of OL...the defense needs help that has been just as evident in the playoffs as the OL...but again we are talking about a Jerry GM FO...starting with why is MM back this year when everyone knows he is a dead man walking...

phildadon86

Reaction score
Imagine thinking LT is the 2nd most important position on offense when the Cowboys have a better winning percentage when Tyron was hurt than when he was healthy lolololololololllol
My God you are delusional.

Remember the last time I did the homework and made you look foolish about your 100 yards per game argument?

Dont make me do it again with you LT doesnt matter argument because you are using win percentage of games Tyron started or didnt start without taking into consideration other injuries on the team.

Like the win percentage when he is in or out matters without all of the information.

Cowboys lost 15 games without Tyron. Lets leave out that they were missing 2 other lineman, a RB, a WR, and half of their defense. (this is not a true stat because I dont have the time to do the research to make your claim look ridiculous so I just thru out some injuries that have happened in the past) but do you see how misleading that win percentage would look if there are also other injuries on the team? Or are you to obtuse to understand the concept?

You need to stop with this one player spotlight you have as if there arent 53 other guys on the team. This isnt golf.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So you'd rather change the subject rather than explain your whopper that a LT isn't an important position?

Noted.

Have fun finding a single football team on any level that agrees with you. There's a reason why a "RT only" label is a negative on a prospects profile.
Thank you!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
W/L is the only stat that matters and the Cowboys were more likely to lose when Tyron was healthy.

Facts don’t care about your feelings, bro.
a clueless guy would say exactly what you have said so far.

thanks for participating.

stick to TMZ stuff where you excel at it.

and like clock work....he starts to lose and argument and goes to the emotional angle....you are way too predictable and funny kid. just way too predictable. like clock work.

phildadon86

Reaction score
a clueless guy would say exactly what you have said so far.

thanks for participating.

stick to TMZ stuff where you excel at it.

and like clock work....he starts to lose and argument and goes to the emotional angle....you are way too predictable and funny kid. just way too predictable. like clock work.
Whats amazing is when you challenge him he wants you to do the work to prove it wrong.

It isnt hard to prove that Tyron smith being in or out of the lineup without knowing who else is injured isnt the cause of the win percentage. Its not rocket science.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Whats amazing is when you challenge him he wants you to do the work to prove it wrong.

It isnt hard to prove that Tyron smith being in or out of the lineup without knowing who else is injured isnt the cause of the win percentage. Its not rocket science.
it doesn't matter. ask any football guy anywhere and they will tell you LT is the second most important position. that's why a lot of them often go top 10, top 5..

but yeah, like I said, if he sticks to TMZ stuff he can be really good at it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It is extremely likely Jones will not draft a quarterback tonight either. Post another F grade thread now while it's hot.
I don’t want another post 1st round loser QB anyways.

Everyone since Aikman was enough.

The “let’s find the next Brady” experiment needs to end in Dallas.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t want another post 1st round loser QB anyways.

Everyone since Aikman was enough.

The “let’s find the next Brady” experiment needs to end in Dallas.
Tell it to Jerry Jones. He is the one who is getting an F for a positional selection that cannot be graded at or below a D by any rationalization--EVEN for him.

The problem you are emphasizing is this team not devoting a first-round pick at quarterback. That is understandable. The opinion would have been more logical by disassociating it with the actual player selected. You may as well grade the entire draft as an F right now despite whatever talented rookies is picked tonight or tomorrow based on your dislike of Jerry Jones' decades long drafting tendencies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Possible. But ask fans of teams like the Jets, who have'nt even won a single playoff game for years and years. Bet they'd kill for 4 WC wins.

I get your point, we're wanting SB wins, not WC playoff wins.

But I can't be so pessimistic, just not in my nature.

Thank goodness...

Sidenote, their season ended in 4 plays, partly because their LT was crap.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Tell it to Jerry Jones. He is the one who is getting an F for a positional selection that cannot be graded at or below a D by any rationalization--EVEN for him.

The problem you are emphasizing is this team not devoting a first-round pick at quarterback. That is understandable. The opinion would have been more logical by disassociating it with the actual player selected. You may as well grade the entire draft as an F right now despite whatever talented rookies is picked tonight or tomorrow based on your dislike of Jerry Jones' decades long drafting tendencies.
They could’ve drafted a LT and I would’ve been fine with it if they dropped Dak.

If they announced Lance as the Week 1 starter then I’m okay with an LT in the first.

I’ve watched Dak, and Romo before him, waste elite O-Lines year after year. I don’t want to see that movie again. Let another guy have a try now.

Move. On.