T NEW needs to keep his big mouth shut... recap added

Coy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2483737 said:
I agree they need to be talking about the Giants. I don't think they need to talk about playoffs the playoffs take care of itself if the Cowboys go out and play football. This team does not need to be talking about things that are 3 or 4 weeks down the road they need to focus on the job and hand nothing more than that.

I think you got my point???

Wood

Reaction score
good grief Newmann. He took a chapter right out of TO book...when in doubt go on TV/Radio and let everyone know how dysfunctional things are. Dallas is in serious trouble...but atleast we can now rationalize why this team under-performed to such a degree this year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Coy;2483843 said:
I think you got my point???

I would hope the point is, focus on what is important namely the NY Giants beyond that there is nothing else that is important. If we take care of the Giants then they can focus on the next game. We started the season with players talking SB? well you don't get to the SB by talking about it and we will not make the playoffs by talking about it. Players need to shut up and do the job

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2483837 said:
I don't think people are bashing T.O. because he wants the ball more. Heck, Irvin, Rice, Moss, Carter, et.al. wanted the ball more. It's the way in which he calls attention to the situation.

That's what separate him from the others.

What you did not see Irvin, Rice, Moss (yes even Moss learned humility in New England) and Carter do is allow their own personal issues getting enough touches to become team issues for the most part.

All players should want the ball, great ones especially. I cannot say that you saw the 1990s Cowboys, Rice 49ers and Carter Vikings allow their statistics to be as huge of an issue. In fact, when Carter left Minnesota, there was the Randy Ratio.

It has to do with the strength and mentality of the "team" culture. We don't have it, clearly. Otherwise you would not have players feeding Owens' paranoia.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
theogt;2483757 said:
It just goes to show you that you don't have a clue as to what's going on, because that's all that happened.

The receivers met individually with Jason Garrett, because Jason Garrett asked them to come meet with him.

Bingo!!! I was just going to post about reading that Garrett asked them all to come meet with him, to get their views and takes on things and to try to help figure stuff out.

Of course the media will blow everything up:mad:

Alexander

Reaction score
ladiewolve;2483858 said:
Bingo!!! I was just going to post about reading that Garrett asked them all to come meet with him, to get their views and takes on things and to try to help figure stuff out.

Of course the media will blow everything up:mad:

That darn media. Nevermind the players giving that darn media the dynamite.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Alexander;2483855 said:
It has to do with the strength and mentality of the "team" culture. We don't have it, clearly. Otherwise you would not have players feeding Owens' paranoia.
But it's happened with every other team he's been with, too.

He's just a very strong and polarizing personality, as we see on these forums.

Coy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2483854 said:
I would hope the point is, focus on what is important namely the NY Giants beyond that there is nothing else that is important. If we take care of the Giants then they can focus on the next game. We started the season with players talking SB? well you don't get to the SB by talking about it and we will not make the playoffs by talking about it. Players need to shut up and do the job

My point is just focus on G** Damn Football and forget about that all the other crap, if you want to get to the playoffs you better win vs the Giants.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Alexander;2483855 said:
What you did not see Irvin, Rice, Moss (yes even Moss learned humility in New England) and Carter do is allow their own personal issues getting enough touches to become team issues for the most part.

All players should want the ball, great ones especially. I cannot say that you saw the 1990s Cowboys, Rice 49ers and Carter Vikings allow their statistics to be as huge of an issue. In fact, when Carter left Minnesota, there was the Randy Ratio.

Say all you want how Belichick is a dirty, cheap shot artist cheater, but the guy is a darn fine coach who has a firm grip on his team at all times. He emphasizes accountability, and makes sure his team is focused on the GAMES.

The same can't be said with us-whether it's Jerry, the coaches, or the players, they all want to spotlight...so during tough times, TSHTF.

Maybe that's why the Pats are able to keep Randy Moss under tight reigns.

Alexander

Reaction score
Wood;2483847 said:
good grief Newmann. He took a chapter right out of TO book...when in doubt go on TV/Radio and let everyone know how dysfunctional things are. Dallas is in serious trouble...but atleast we can now rationalize why this team under-performed to such a degree this year.

It certainly speaks to the issues. The players don't respect the coaches because they think they do not take responsibility. Funny thing is, I have rarely seen many players in Dallas take much responsibility, save Witten this past week. Too bad his example falls on deaf ears.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2483863 said:

Why hasn't Moss polarized the Pats then, like he did with his 2 previous teams? After all, the Pats have a ton of injuries, including Brady, but they're 8-5, and we don't hear anything from Moss.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Coy;2483874 said:
My point is just focus on G** Damn Football and forget about that all the other crap, if you want to get to the playoffs you better win vs the Giants.

Then I think we are pretty much seeing eye to eye. The rest of this stuff is nothing but BS right now is the time for players to go earn their pay checks and do what Jones is paying them to do

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Boysboy;2483881 said:
Why hasn't Moss polarized the Pats then, like he did with his 2 previous teams?

Never heard of Moss polarizing teams. His personality isn't like Owens'.

BTW, to whom it may concern... I missed the first of the PC, but Mickey said Wade said today that "They've all been talking too much. They need to stop talking and start doing."

I did hear the end and he did sound perturbed.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
Alexander;2483862 said:
That darn media. Nevermind the players giving that darn media the dynamite.
Well why not?? Maybe it's about time they all get fired up about something! Maybe some of them are tired of pretending to be ok with everything. It's not like they don't have a news mic stuck in their face and someone picking and picking for answers.:banghead:

Alexander

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2483863 said:

But we have all witnessed what going to New England did to Randy Moss. He actually blamed himself for a horrible showing against Pittsburgh. I do not buy that Owens is the team wrecker that can't be tamed. It is like the old saying, guns don't kill people, people kill people. This is just a classic example of why this organization has serious issues that go deeper and are more complex than the simple Owens factor. Philadelphia still has the same problems it had when Owens was there too. Leadership, now and always.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2483572 said:
He was right, Crayton was open for a couple of really big plays, inlcuding one fairly easy TD.

It's never going to be perfect, he isnt going to drop back 30 times, complete 30 passes and throw 10 tds. But he could do a little better of seeing the field I think. There are times he does lock on Owens or Witten (and most often it is Owens IMO) and throws a poor pass or has a pick, when even with the TV coverage you can see someone else who was open for an easy completion.

now question for you because last year he did not have a problem with pass distribution, do you think Romo is locking on TO forcing some there or then checking down with Witten when TO ain't open because he is trying to hard to get it to TO due to all his whining?

TO has not been open very much this year due to defense pressing him alot more at the line, so now TO whines about not getting enough balls thrown his way. So what does Romo, probably with Wade's blessing, do? He locks down on TO, forces a few, then if absolutely not open he has to check down with his most viable option in Witten.
If you throw in all the complaints about his int's, some probably caused from the above reasoning, the question becomes has Romo become "gun shy"?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2483888 said:

BTW, to whom it may concern... I missed the first of the PC, but Mickey said Wade said today that "They've all been talking too much. They need to stop talking and start doing."

I hope he told the team that. Someone seriously needs to light into all of these guys right now. It seems like every single year it's reaffirmed that we have a team made up of idiots.

I'm tired of idiots.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2483888 said:

Remember in the wk17 meeting @FedEx(which was Moss' last year in Minny), he was seen walking off the field when there was STILL time left on the clock(2 seconds). There were other reports of how he was becoming a headache for the coaches and Culpepper. This was why they traded him to Oakland in the offseason.

Of course, you saw how he QUIT on the Raiders, completely. Forget how bad the Raiders are, star players don't do that at all.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Alexander;2483894 said:
But we have all witnessed what going to New England did to Randy Moss. He actually blamed himself for a horrible showing against Pittsburgh. I do not buy that Owens is the team wrecker that can't be tamed. It is like the old saying, guns don't kill people, people kill people. This is just a classic example of why this organization has serious issues that go deeper and are more complex than the simple Owens factor. Philadelphia still has the same problems it had when Owens was there too. Leadership, now and always.

Why not? It's only happened to every team he's been on.

But it's all our fault this time. :cool: