T NEW needs to keep his big mouth shut... recap added

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2483714 said:
The bottom line is weather or not any of this is true, the HC should be putting a stop to it.
You're absolutely right. Our coordinators should never speak with our players. How dare he let that happen?

Coy

Reaction score
This is getting UGLY, they should be talkng about the NYFG and the Playoffs and they are talking about this crap, not a good sign, I don´t like this one bit.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
well, the Newman interview was over an hour ago but I'll try a recap:

-mentioned its he said she said right now.
-feels T.O. should get the ball more. guys on defense want him to get the ball cause it fires up the whole team and they are more successful when he gets it.
-even guys on defense are wondering why Witten gets all the balls.
-(asked about chemistry) Last year we had great chemistry, this year I don't know. There isn't accountability with the players and especially the coaches. Hard to respect the coaches when they don't take blame.
- (asked for specific examples) I don't want to get into specifics here
- as a leader will talk to Romo and TO and try to get them together today on the practice field.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2483728 said:
You're absolutely right. Our coordinators should never speak with our players. How dare he let that happen?

That isn't even close to what I meant.
Keep proving you rode the short bus.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Coy;2483731 said:
This is getting UGLY, they should be talkng about the NYFG and the Playoffs and they are talking about this crap, not a good sign, I don´t like this one bit.

I agree they need to be talking about the Giants. I don't think they need to talk about playoffs the playoffs take care of itself if the Cowboys go out and play football. This team does not need to be talking about things that are 3 or 4 weeks down the road they need to focus on the job and hand nothing more than that.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2483714 said:
For what reason? If he said the Garrett part they aren't showing that.
This is the first I have seen it. Maybe it was yesterday and they now condensed it. I know what I'm watching. If I missed part of it I will admit it.

The bottom line is weather or not any of this is true, the HC should be putting a stop to it.

That's why I mentioned the video being on DC.com -- so you don't have to wonder if they chopped it up or didn't show something. You can see the entire thing for yourself.

But you don't like Wade, so you don't want to think that there could have been more than what ESPN showed.

And it's so funny about "the head coach needs to stop it"... What would you say if TO rode a bike with a Tour de France outfit on, or fell asleep in meetings, or OD'd on pain pills?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
triplets92;2483705 said:
/no he said "I think TP should get the ball more because when he does we win games"

I'll take your word for it. I heard the interview between getting my kids ready for school.

Boysboy

Reaction score
parcells316;2483735 said:

-feels T.O. should get the ball more. guys on defense want him to get the ball cause it fires up the whole team and they are more successful when he gets it.
-(asked about chemistry) Last year we had great chemistry, this year I don't know. There isn't accountability with the players and especially the coaches. Hard to respect the coaches when they don't take blame.
- as a leader will talk to Romo and TO and try to get them together today on the practice field.

Thanks! This doesn't sound good. But I could be wrong.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2483741 said:
That's why I mentioned the video being on DC.com -- so you don't have to wonder if they chopped it up or didn't show something. You can see the entire thing for yourself.

But you don't like Wade, so you don't want to think that there could have been more than what ESPN showed.

And it's so funny about "the head coach needs to stop it"... What would you say if TO rode a bike with a Tour de France outfit on, or fell asleep in meetings, or OD'd on pain pills?

The same exact thing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2483736 said:
That isn't even close to what I meant.
Keep proving you rode the short bus.
It just goes to show you that you don't have a clue as to what's going on, because that's all that happened.

The receivers met individually with Jason Garrett, because Jason Garrett asked them to come meet with him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Because he often has the more favorable matchups maybe? It appears to me that the defense has indeed taken a side.

And thank you Terrence for that wonderful glimpse at our soiled laundry. Well done.

Newman is a leader?

Back in the old day, leaders would have closed door meetings. Now they just decide to call in to ESPN. If this is what our leadership does, no wonder we are struggling despite our talent advantages.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2483757 said:
It just goes to show you that you don't have a clue as to what's going on, because that's all that happened.

The receivers met individually with Jason Garrett, because Jason Garrett asked them to come meet with him.

And where did I say any thing about it? I have no problem with it.
I admit Romo needs to do things better, I just think they all do.

Do I like owens gripping on tv? No I don't.
If there is a story or not shouldn't some one get the players together and get them to understand that the press is out to get them? Who should that person be? Or should they just pretend it isn't all over the sports news?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2483774 said:
If there is a story or not shouldn't some one get the players together and get them to understand that the press is out to get them? Who should that person be? Or should they just pretend it isn't all over the sports news?
Probably because this doesn't have nearly the impact you think it does on the team.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theogt;2483780 said:
Probably because this doesn't have nearly the impact you think it does on the team.

That very well could be. So I guess we shouldn't discuss it.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Fanboys can live in whatever fantasy world they choose, but I've never heard an NFL player say that distractions and drama like this don't have a significant effect on the team. I tend to take their word over those with no professional sports experience and 20,000+ posts on a message board. Silly me.

khiladi

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2483700 said:
I didn't hear him say that. In fact, the host (can't remember his name) asked him does he think T.O. is not getting the ball enough and he said all he knows good things happen when T.O. gets the ball and he likes to see T.O. get the ball.

He sidestepped the question.

That isn't side-stepping the question. That is answering the question in a politically correct way. TO needs to be getting the ball per Newman.

Which is quite funny considering all the TO bashing that is going on this forum.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
HE SAID ALL THAT!!! ???

Ouch.

alancdc

Reaction score
CATCH17;2483555 said:
I don't think its that.

Im a Tony, TO, and Jason guy.

But I do find myself yellng about Owens not getting the ball.

He should get the ball more than what he does.

Brian Broadus said after he reviewed film that Patrick Crayton was open a lot vs Pittsburgh and just didn't get the ball thrown to him.

There is validity to the receivers nots getting the ball.

This is actually what I don't understand. What happened to crayton. He used to be MONEY on 3rd down man. He caught 50-60 passes a year.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
khiladi;2483822 said:
That isn't side-stepping the question. That is answering the question in a politically correct way. TO needs to be getting the ball per Newman.

Which is quite funny considering all the TO bashing that is going on this forum.

I don't think people are bashing T.O. because he wants the ball more. Heck, Irvin, Rice, Moss, Carter, et.al. wanted the ball more. It's the way in which he calls attention to the situation.

That's what separate him from the others.

It's the difference between a whisper and a shout. Both are spoken words - one more forceful than the other.