T.O has a point here regardless of JG success

dfense

Reaction score
I'd like to hear a few names of guys people think would be better coaches. Grass is not always greener. Jerry learned that a few times when he was changing coaches every couple years.

ghst187

Reaction score
Never said this before but I totally agree with TO.
I have belabored my grievances against JG on here enough so I won’t rehash yet again but I to one of the panelist’s points about all the excuses he was making for JG. To that end however, it’s not as much those moments he lists but the smaller things too like the Atl game this past season and the complete inability to win one game with Weeden/Cassell. Those moments and many more like them tell JGs story. He may be a great guy, a great orater, and players may respect him, but doesn’t look to me like he can guide a team to win at high level amidst adversity.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Yeh I'll side with Garcia, McNabb, and Romo, over the 2nd best receiver ever to play the game. He wanted to win and wasn't PC about it and their feelings got hurt because they all weren't as good as Steve Young was, who he never had any problems with.
Didn't TO straight call Garcia gay?

Corso

Reaction score
Who in the world would listen to a playa who danced on the Star, threatened suicide over losing his GF and who's enormous ego was just slightly bigger than his mouth.
Except for the dancing on the Star... lots of guys are guilty of the other two things you said.
I mean lots.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
TO might very well be a locker room cancer and all that but at the end of the day, the dude understands football and what it takes to win.

Garrett wants to win on raw talent and basic schemes with its main emphasis on a powerful run game. That’s an 8-10 Win recipe but it typically fizzles out in the postseason when u face superior competition..

How did I get sucked into this dead horse topic? Lol
8-10, hmmm.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Except for the dancing on the Star... lots of guys are guilty of the other two things you said.
I mean lots.

Yeah, we need more George Teague's in the world. Fewer loud mouth show offs. JMO of course

tumblr_mzvf2lle591qhkbk8o1_400-1.gif

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yep, the worst thing to happen to the franchise was Jerry announcing to the world that Garrett would be the next big coach in football. That pretty much sealed any hope that we would win anything. Stephen may want Garrett gone but it's going to be a drawn out fight for him to win that.

I think that might be why Richard is here.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
HOF gives him the ultimate platform from now through August and trusts me, people, he's just getting started. No question he's going after Romo, just a matter of when.

Terrell Owens wonders why Jerry Jones doesn’t fire Jason Garrett
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 17, 2018, 3:01 PM EDT

gettyimages-116608766-e1526583704481.jpg

Getty Images
Jason Garrett was the offensive coordinator for two of Terrell Owens’ three seasons in Dallas, but as a head coach, Garrett is in over his head, Owens says.

Owens said on 105.3 The Fan that he he doesn’t know why Garrett remains the coach despite never advancing past the divisional round of the playoffs.

“I have no idea. You know what’s really tough? When you really look at it, it doesn’t make sense for Jason Garrett to continue to have his job. [The organization is] not really expanding or progressing even as a team under his coaching tenure there,” Owens said, via the Dallas Morning News. “I think Jerry [Jones] — again he’s the owner at the end of the day, he has to feel good with himself about the decisions — but I just don’t understand why this guy [Garrett] still has a job.”

Owens didn’t always see eye to eye with Andy Reid, who sent Owens packing from Philadelphia, but Owens says Reid was a far better coach than Garrett. In Owens’ opinion, Garrett just doesn’t get the job done.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Teague was and is an absolute hero, in that moment. I will never forget it.
When I heard TO was signed, all I could think about was that punk move.

Great player, horrible attitude. TO loved him some TO. You couldn't count on two hands the number of team mates he threw under the bus

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
How many times did that fool win a SB or any of the teams he played on. Man we call Dez a cancer, Dez was relatively benign compared to TO. He was pervasive and spread from team to team

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I met TO several times when my sis used to film a cowboys show at the house of blues. He's cool and real. Says it like it is. Came outside and he was valet parked next to me. Said yo lox you like it? Me: it's a nice color man. TO: yeah it is. Go get you one. Me: naw playboy my fam got me on budget
TO: patience

Corso

Reaction score
I met TO several times when my sis used to film a cowboys show at the house of blues. He's cool and real. Says it like it is. Came outside and he was valet parked next to me. Said yo lox you like it? Me: it's a nice color man. TO: yeah it is. Go get you one. Me: naw playboy my fam got me on budget
TO: patience
Your family had you on an allowance? LOL... How old were you?

Edit... you called people "playboy".