T.O has a point here regardless of JG success

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not necessarily advocating that (well, I'd do that deal, but not to prop up Garrett. I'd do it just because I'm so freaking sick of not having good S play in Dallas). I'm just saying I'm surprised they haven't tried it. At a high level, if you want to look over next season and guess what areas you need to address to give the team the best shot at being successful, that FS position is the number one area where you'd want to do something, and they clearly don't like the options on the street.

Yes he would be an improvement. But he is someone you get for a year if you think you're going to make a serious run for a championship, we're at minimum one year away. When you think you're right there, that's when you bring in a few mercenaries.

Dre11

Reaction score
I'd rather believe T.O than some journalist that claims that was the situation.

And you’re crazy, especially because T.O was salty about being released. According to T.O everybody was against him...lol

Blake

Reaction score
I'd like to hear a few names of guys people think would be better coaches. Grass is not always greener. Jerry learned that a few times when he was changing coaches every couple years.

Johnson and Parcells were his only "legitimate" hires. Everyone else has been a scrub pawn to amuse the megalomaniac and further his petty agenda.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
GMF is a good show. TO's an idiot who has a personal vendetta against Garrett. I consider it a vote in Garrett's favor that that canker thinks he should be gone. If a terrible locker room guy like that comes out *for* you, that's when you have to wonder if the coach is doing his job or not.

I don't buy or like to hear people making injury excuses. I do think you have to evaluate coaches outside the win/loss record for specific seasons, though. What's more important is the trend. Is the team getting better/younger/more competitive? Staying the same? Or losing ground.

Either way, everybody knows the NFL is a year-to-year proposition, and Garrett needs a competitive season this year to keep his job. I believe both Jerry and Stephen want to see that happen. It's one reason I'm sort of surprised they didn't pull the trigger and get Earl Thomas in using a draft pick from next season. Maybe a 2nd for ET and a 4th or 5th? Give Jason that missing defensive piece we've still got and the team as legit a shot at an actual run in the NFC as you can and see what happens.
Lol.....everyone has a personal vendetta against Garrett. Lol

Maybe he just stinks as a head coach. Maybe

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like the up-and-coming guys, too. But ET is obviously a major upgrade over Woods at this point, and I don't like at all the depth we've got behind Woods right now (ie, none). It's like going thin at LB last year. You knew we were going light going into the season, and it of course bit us and bit us hard when Hitchens went out in camp and then Lee in mid-season.

ET might not put us over the top, but he'd finish off the missing talent on the defense. We'd have at least decent players everywhere, and actual elite playmakers at ever level: Lawrence, Lee, and Thomas, with young guys coming up in each of those levels, too. It'd be a nice offset for an offensive passing game that lacks quality skill position player outside of RB and possibly QB right now.
This defense needs a lot more than earl Thomas.

At this point lee and Lawrence are the ONLY proven studs on D. I’d throw in Irvin as well. But even he is a question mark.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol.....everyone has a personal vendetta against Garrett. Lol

Maybe he just stinks as a head coach. Maybe

By 'everyone' you mean TO? Who else? Crayton? There were a couple of guys in TOs group that where shown the door and got butthurt about it. Just what you'd expect. By and large, the players are supportive of Garrett and always have been.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This defense needs a lot more than earl Thomas.

At this point lee and Lawrence are the ONLY proven studs on D. I’d throw in Irvin as well. But even he is a question mark.

I know you might laugh at me, but I trust our secondary coach. I think our secondary will be decent this season. We didn't get ET, but we did get the guy that developed him which is better imo. We don't have to have ET. We can just make our own.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It should be obvious to anyone who knows the history of TO that he has an agenda which makes it satisfying to him to say what he did here. He blamed Garrett and "his QB," Romo for betraying him when he lost his job with Dallas.

I'm highly inclined to ignore his BS and you should be too. JG may not be a coach who will ultimately prove himself capable of leading Dallas to glory but there are many others who would undoubtedly end up with that same fate.

The Cowboys have had less than ideal leadership and that, unfortunately, came from the very top to the bottom of the organization. Let's just at least see where we are this year before sweeping changes are due to be undertaken.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And you’re crazy, especially because T.O was salty about being released. According to T.O everybody was against him...lol
What vandetta does 97% of the fan base have against Garrett? Nothing. They just see the obvious. That he needs to get fired.

rags747

Reaction score
I have always liked T.O. but this is all sour grapes knowing that Garrett ran him off, what else could he possibly say. Great and entertaining player though...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know you might laugh at me, but I trust our secondary coach. I think our secondary will be decent this season. We didn't get ET, but we did get the guy that developed him which is better imo. We don't have to have ET. We can just make our own.
Like secondary coach. And “decent” doesn’t win you championships.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
GMF is a good show. TO's an idiot who has a personal vendetta against Garrett. I consider it a vote in Garrett's favor that that canker thinks he should be gone. If a terrible locker room guy like that comes out *for* you, that's when you have to wonder if the coach is doing his job or not.

I don't buy or like to hear people making injury excuses. I do think you have to evaluate coaches outside the win/loss record for specific seasons, though. What's more important is the trend. Is the team getting better/younger/more competitive? Staying the same? Or losing ground.

Either way, everybody knows the NFL is a year-to-year proposition, and Garrett needs a competitive season this year to keep his job. I believe both Jerry and Stephen want to see that happen. It's one reason I'm sort of surprised they didn't pull the trigger and get Earl Thomas in using a draft pick from next season. Maybe a 2nd for ET and a 4th or 5th? Give Jason that missing defensive piece we've still got and the team as legit a shot at an actual run in the NFC as you can and see what happens.
If there was a down vote I would click it.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
What would TO know about loyalty, commitment, and an effort to do things the right way?
Quit a bit actually. People do not become great at anything not having these basic elements. TO was a great WR, and to be so required an ENORMOUS amount of commitment and an effort to do things right. I get that you personally don't like the man, but to make such idiotic comments about him is pretty lame.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It should be obvious to anyone who knows the history of TO that he has an agenda that makes it satisfying to him to say what he did here. He blamed Garrett and "his QB" Romo for betraying him when he lost his job with Dallas. I'm highly inclined to ignore his BS and you should be too. JG may not be a coach who will ultimately prove himself capable of leading Dallas to glory but there are many others who would undoubtedly end up with that same fate.

Romo, to, Clayton have all dissed on garret. The list grows.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Like secondary coach. And “decent” doesn’t win you championships.

Well, by decent, I mean that it'll be a bit touch and go early for them, but I expect them to gel nicely and become quite a formidable group as the season carries on.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
By 'everyone' you mean TO? Who else? Crayton? There were a couple of guys in TOs group that where shown the door and got butthurt about it. Just what you'd expect. By and large, the players are supportive of Garrett and always have been.

Here is the list for you:
TO, Crayton Romo, Wade Phillips, Bennett, most of the NFL media, many current NFL players that play against his predictable schemes, 92% if the Cowboys fan base (Poll).

I'm sure I am forgetting many people that have laughed at Garrett or wondered why he has a job. But this is more than sufficient to portray a coach that where most of the NFL landscape is wondering why he still has a job. In fact, you might want to make a list of people that actually think he is a good coach:

Idgit, Jones, 7% of Cowboy fans.