T.O has a point here regardless of JG success

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well, by decent, I mean that it'll be a bit touch and go early for them, but I expect them to gel nicely and become quite a formidable group as the season carries on.

4 second year players that played sparingly their rookies years. Or 3 of them and the hapless Jeff Heath.

Now I like the potential of the 3 young kids, but formidable is over the top for me.

And Jones has been a bust thus far.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Exactly. Romo basically came out this year and implied he’s not a good coach. When someone asks you a question about his capability and you talk about motivation and attitude and not what really matters, the hint is there.

Garrett is NOT a good coach. There is no debate whatsoever. Its a proven fact. 8 years of evidence cant be denied.

When the day comes when Garrett gets fired there will be parties in the streets in Dallas. A HUGE new breath of hope will come over the entire fan base. I can only imagine the people that will come out of the woodwork hammering on Garrett once the ax finally falls.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Who in the world would listen to a playa who danced on the Star, threatened suicide over losing his GF and who's enormous ego was just slightly bigger than his mouth.

And what organization would hire the same player that did that to him?

Truer crimes right!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Romo, to, Clayton have all dissed on garret. The list grows.

Anyone looking to point to blame for the team's perceived failures will accuse JG and anyone else connected with the Dallas hierarchy. What Romo mentioned was that JG was a HC who chose to lead by attitude adjustment rather than emphasizing diagrams of Xs and Os. I'm not sure that can be accurately construed as his "dissing" JG, however, although it's revealing in its own right.

Cmac

Reaction score
He was a jackass, but he was better at doing his job than Garrett is at the one he's been given.[/QUOTE
Ditto!!.....JG will not being going to HOF on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th........try.

Cmac

Reaction score
TO is bitter towards Garrett? :laugh: Yes, the hall of fame legend is bitter towards that loser. Ok. Yet he has nothing but good things to say about Romo.
We all should be bitter.......mediocrity. Snakeoil salesman with pictures in a safe deposit box.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Anyone looking to point to blame for the team's perceived failures will accuse JG and anyone else connected with the Dallas hierarchy. What Romo mentioned was that JG was a HC who chose to lead by attitude adjustment rather than emphasizing diagrams of Xs and Os. I'm not sure that can be accurately construed as his "dissing" JG, however, although it's revealing in its own right.

When Romo signed his new contract he did along with demanding he have much more control over the offense and play calling. He obviously didnt like what Garrett was doing. And saying your coach is NOT an X and O guy is a nice way of saying he didnt like the way he called plays, schemed, or his knowledge of football. At least its obvious to me. No doubt the few Garrett apologists will see all of that as a ringing endorsement.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
When Romo signed his new contract he did along with demanding he have much more control over the offense and play calling. He obviously didnt like what Garrett was doing. And saying your coach is NOT an X and O guy is a nice way of saying he didnt like the way he called plays, schemed, or his knowledge of football. At least its obvious to me. No doubt the few Garrett apologists will see all of that as a ringing endorsement.

It's revealing in the sense that it suggests JG isn't one to put emphasis on schemes but instead, prefers being more of a cheerleader. :rolleyes:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is the list for you:
TO, Crayton Romo, Wade Phillips, Bennett, most of the NFL media, many current NFL players that play against his predictable schemes, 92% if the Cowboys fan base (Poll).

I'm sure I am forgetting many people that have laughed at Garrett or wondered why he has a job. But this is more than sufficient to portray a coach that where most of the NFL landscape is wondering why he still has a job. In fact, you might want to make a list of people that actually think he is a good coach:

Idgit, Jones, 7% of Cowboy fans.

That's a terrible list mostly consisting of things you've either made up in your head or have twisted to make consistent with what you want to believe in the first place. I should have known better than to ask it as a serious question.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's revealing in the sense that it suggests JG isn't one to put emphasis on schemes but instead, prefers being more of a cheerleader. :rolleyes:

how can you be known for being an OC and not be an X and O guy? Its completely baffling how this guy has a job.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's a terrible list mostly consisting of things you've either made up in your head or have twisted to make consistent with what you want to believe in the first place. I should have known better than to ask it as a serious question.

Its all a big conspiracy. Everyone cuts up Garrett and wants him fired because he is such a great coach.

Your on a goat trail..............way up high...........all a lone................

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
how can you be known for being an OC and not be an X and O guy? Its completely baffling how this guy has a job.

I can't say with any certainty that JG has no knowledge of offensive schemes but his emphasis on motivating is his obvious niche.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I can't say with any degree of certainty that JG has no knowledge of offensive schemes but his emphasis on motivating is his obvious niche.

Emphasis? Too bad he isnt very good at it. I can definitely say with certainty that Garrett has a underwhelming knowledge or originality in scheming. And he certainly has a poor sense of the flow of the game or in game management.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its all a big conspiracy. Everyone cuts up Garrett and wants him fired because he is such a great coach.

Your on a goat trail..............way up high...........all a lone................

It isn't all a big conspiracy. You're just making stuff up that you want to believe and pretending it all actually happened. You.

As I've said many, many times at this point: I don't care how many posters on Cowboys Zone don't like Jason Garrett, or how few do like him. I've been on the right side of mobs making stupid decisions too many times to make up my mind on topics just because agreeing would be the popular thing to do. Mobs are thoughtless, almost by definition. When you look to your left and see torches, and look to your right and see pitchforks, you *ought* to consider whether or not you've thought things through carefully enough. I don't mean 'you' specifically, in this case, Roy. But I mean for people who actually tend to think things through before posting at all.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It isn't all a big conspiracy. You're just making stuff up that you want to believe and pretending it all actually happened. You.

As I've said many, many times at this point: I don't care how many posters on Cowboys Zone don't like Jason Garrett, or how few do like him. I've been on the right side of mobs making stupid decisions too many times to make up my mind on topics just because agreeing would be the popular thing to do. Mobs are thoughtless, almost by definition. When you look to your left and see torches, and look to your right and see pitchforks, you *ought* to consider whether or not you've thought things through carefully enough. I don't mean 'you' specifically, in this case, Roy. But I mean for people who actually tend to think things through before posting at all.

Did I make up what TO said? Nope. He is just added to a long list of people that think Garrett shoudnt be coaching this team.

Deny, deny, deny. Its what you do best.

Here is a quick Google search on the hapless Garrett. I guess I am making all this up too?

NFL analyst: Dallas Cowboys' Jason Garrett is not a big-game coach
https://thelandryhat.com/2017/05/.../dallas-cowboys-jason-garrett-not-big-game-coach...

May 21, 2017 - If you were asked to name some of the best head coaches in the NFL right now, Bill Belichick, Pete ... A name that is probably not on that list is Dallas Cowboys' head coach Jason Garrett. ... So why isn't Garrett on that list?
Jason Garrett has to go! Why Cowboys should fire coach
https://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/dallas.../2017/.../jason-garrett-go-cowboys-fire-coac

Jason Garrett isn't fit to coach the Cowboys, or any other talented team
https://www.theversed.com/.../jason-garrett-isnt-fit-to-coach-the-cowboys-or-any-othe...

Jul 28, 2017 - Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett is not a stupid man, but he routinely comes off that way. ... “Do you consider me a good player? ... Unless you're as blindly loyal as Jerry Jones, Garrettisn't even on your radar.

Analyst's shredding of Cowboys coach Jason Garrett has merit | Fort ...
www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article150372987.html
May 13, 2017 - An NFL analyst this week destroyed Cowboys coach Jason Garrett with an ... and yet there are still a lot of people in our great sports nation who believe the ... This isn't personal, but your record tells me you're the other guy.

Dec 23, 2016 - Dallas' head coach Jason Garrett has traveled a long path, but he now sits atop the NFC mountain and has a good view into the future. ... The adulation isn't promised to last with cementing a legacy down. Garrett has ...
Terrell Owens rips Cowboys coach Jason Garrett during wild Twitter ...
https://www.cbssports.com/.../terrell-owens-rips-cowboys-coach-jason-garrett-during-...

Jan 20, 2018 - T.O. definitely isn't a fan of the Cowboys head coach. ... revolves around the fact that he doesn't think Garrett is a good coach. ... Jason Garrett!!

Terrell Owens rips Jason Garrett, hints that Cowboys should fire their ...
https://www.cbssports.com/.../terrell-owens-rips-jason-garrett-hints-that-cowboys-shou...

3 hours ago - It's a good thing for Jason Garrett that Terrell Owens doesn't run the front ... This isn't the first time that Owens has called out Garrett and it probably ... Although Garrett was never the Cowboys' head coach while T.O. was in ...

Mike Lombardi Rips Jason Garrett's Coaching Ability - NBC 5 Dallas ...
https://www.nbcdfw.com/.../Mike-Lombardi-Rips-Jason-Garretts-Coaching-Ability--4...

Jul 13, 2017 - ARLINGTON, TX - DECEMBER 21: Head coach Jason Garrett of the Dallas ... executive Mike Lombardi isn't sold the Dallas Cowboys head coach is going ... Lombardi added that while the 2016 Cowboys were very good, he ...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Exactly. Romo basically came out this year and implied he’s not a good coach. When someone asks you a question about his capability and you talk about motivation and attitude and not what really matters, the hint is there.

Yep.