T.O. makes me sick

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TheSport78;2377233 said:
Witten is clearly the number 1 option in this offense, and I'de argue that by the time Romo comes back, Roy Williams will be the #2 option, making Owens the most expensive decoy in football

Serious question: How do you function on a day to day basis? Have you mastered the art of dressing yourself yet?

I've seen (and made) some really, really dumb posts in the past, but man...really?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2377235 said:
Serious question: How do you function on a day to day basis? Have you mastered the art of dressing yourself yet?

I've seen (and made) some really, really dumb posts in the past, but man...really?

How about instead of taking a personal shot at me, maybe you should try and actually argue my statement with facts

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TheSport78;2377238 said:
How about instead of taking a personal shot at me, maybe you should try and actually argue my statement with facts

Maybe he'd argue your statement with facts if you started the thread off with - you guessed it - facts.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Rack;2377239 said:
Maybe he'd argue your statement with facts if you started the thread off with - you guessed it - facts.

So do you believe Owens is the number one option this offense? I don't. Remember when Romo took over the reigns in 06', he LOVED throwing the ball to T.O., regardless if he was open or not. Now in 2008, T.O. is two years older, and I believe the man has lost a step in his game. That's the real reason why Romo isn't getting the ball to T.O., because the guy can't get open. You can deny it all you want but it's the truth..

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TheSport78;2377238 said:

Despite Terrell Owens playing two games with Brad Johnson and not catchng a TD in the last two games he is still tied for second in the NFL in TD receptions and has caught more TDs since he arrived in Dallas than any player in the league and has more receiving TDs of 20 or more yards than any player in that time. He is such a decoy, in fact, that teams are willing to devote triple coverage to him on a weekly basis despite Dallas having 2 other Pro-Bowl caliber pass catchers. Tony Romo has publically said he and TO have a very special relationship on the field and he is almost always the first read on passing plays. Jason Witten catches so many passes because he is a security blanket on many plays and is checked down to, and this is indicated by his YPC being 4 yards less than TOs.

People who make posts like yours deserve to have shots taken at them

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Watched his press conference. TO wants Romo back, but its not going to effect his play or desire to win with Brad starting. I think people who read into body language are talking nonsense. Unless he is rolling his eyes, yelling at someone, or quitting in the middle of a play its useless cause I don't think you can read his mind.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
You know, come to think of it, I didn't see TO rush to celebrate with Roy Williams following his TD catch. He must be jealous. :rolleyes:

Audiman

Reaction score
TheSport78;2377241 said:
So do you believe Owens is the number one option this offense? I don't. Remember when Romo took over the reigns in 06', he LOVED throwing the ball to T.O., regardless if he was open or not. Now in 2008, T.O. is two years older, and I believe the man has lost a step in his game. That's the real reason why Romo isn't getting the ball to T.O., because the guy can't get open. You can deny it all you want but it's the truth..

just to let you know, you totally skipped T.O. and Romo's career season from last year...

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
TheSport78;2375647 said:
Fox showed a shot of T.O. walking off the field after the game was decided and he had this "pouting" look on his face. The guy doesn't care if his team wins or not, but rather he needs his stats so he can make it into the Hall of Fame. He needs that spotlight; the guy is bipolar. We all know Owens is such a selfish player, but he really showed it today. He's supposed to be a veteran leader on his team, but instead he's setting a terrible example of his "ME ME ME" attitude. Ok I'm tired I need a nap..good win guys ha
He isn't a Cowboys fan... Check his IP to see where he is from. My guess would be Philly.. T.O is the ultimate team guy. Just because he couldn't get along with the selfish self centered McNabb means nothing.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
RainMan;2377246 said:
You know, come to think of it, I didn't see TO rush to celebrate with Roy Williams following his TD catch. He must be jealous. :rolleyes:

http://img504.*************/img504/7629/whodisth7.gif

TheSport78;2375647 said:
Fox showed a shot of T.O. walking off the field after the game was decided and he had this "pouting" look on his face. The guy doesn't care if his team wins or not, but rather he needs his stats so he can make it into the Hall of Fame. He needs that spotlight; the guy is bipolar. We all know Owens is such a selfish player, but he really showed it today. He's supposed to be a veteran leader on his team, but instead he's setting a terrible example of his "ME ME ME" attitude. Ok I'm tired I need a nap..good win guys ha

http://img406.*************/img406/268/27451301037ceee0c54bovu6.gif

burmafrd

Reaction score
78 really wants people to just work him over to make posts like he has. Talk about masochism....

ZB9

Reaction score
TheSport78;2375647 said:
he needs his stats so he can make it into the Hall of Fame.

he's already a HOFer...and I dont think ive ever seen a player with the resume that he has get more scrutiny. It is ridiculous. Stop buying in to all of the sensationalized crap you see on ESPN

robjgrif

Reaction score
TheSport78;2375647 said:

Yes, can T.O. get some credit! Wow!

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Aikmaniac;2375657 said:
I'm sure you wouldn't have the same look on your face watching those ducks flutter over your head, dropping five yards away from you or heading to the second row in the stands.
Agreed. One pass in particular...had it been on target, he'd have run in for a TD. A lot of the passes thrown to him were just uncatchable. That'd frustrate the hell out of me because it wasn't like Johnson was trying to thread the needle, they were just high, or outside or well short... he could have done something w/ it after the catch. Owens just had no shot at some of those.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
TheSport78;2375647 said:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2375652 said:
Good call

T.O.: 'Defense showed up'

3:29 PM Sun, Oct 26, 2008 | Permalink

Aaron Chimbel

Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens knows sometimes you're not going to win big sometimes with a backup quarterback and sometimes that may mean the offense won't play well.

"As a receiver you're competitive," Owens said. "We have to do whatever is necessary to win the game."

Against the Bucs that meant a lot of check down passes and not turning the ball over.

It also meant the defense had to play tight. They didn't give up a touchdown in the 13-9 win.

"I think our defense showed up today," Owens said. "It really showed that everyone was in sync with each other out there."

:lmao2: :lmao2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheSport78;2375647 said:

Leave now and don't ever come back.

gollum.jpg

hutru01

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2375674 said:
The guy really can't win with some people. He says all the right things despite an awful qb and he gets crap about the look on his face as he walks off the field, unbelievable.

:scratches head:

If I had to deal with Brad Johnson at QB, I would be irritated too. Give the guy a freakin break. TO is just a competitive player that plays with emotions, is that such a bad thing? Had Romo been in the line up healthy yesterday, this game wouldn't have even been close and TO would have been much happier.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
This thread is clearly written by someone with an agenda looking for something to criticize about T.O. Why we are all wasting our time on this thread is beyond me.

jimmy40

Reaction score
TheSport78;2375647 said:
I remember when meshawn was here and there was a play where the pass went to another receiver for a TD and one of the camera angles show meshawn throwing an absolute fit over not getting the ball, now that's a selfish player.
TO may be a me first player like a hell of a lot of players are but just running off the field after a win doesn't mean anything. Maybe he needed to take a leak.