News: Taco Charlton released By Saints

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised there are still teams quite willing to "kick the tires" on him.

He's bounced around enough to see he's a far cry from being real desirable.

Evidently, we're not the only team, desperate to improve our weak positions.

Last edited:

terra

Reaction score
Never looked like a good pick day one. But everyone drafts busts. He's not what I would considered a bust bc he's just not that good. Most busts have all the talent in the world and can't put it together. He's just 6'6 and a decent pass rusher in the right situation.
IN the NFL dictionary there is a section for each team that has the word BUST
Taco is in ours

Carson

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised there are still teams quite willing to "kick the tires" on him.

He's bounced around enough to see he's a far cry from being real desirable.

Evidently, we're not the only team, desperate to improve our weak positions.
Former first round picks will always get looks. Look at guys like Jaelen Reagor, Vernon Hargreaves to name a couple

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
He is still there on their practice squad.

Right there, clinging on like a pubic hair on the side of the bowl.

I guess that is admirable.

And it just speaks to how we draft well.

He has not yet dropped completely out of the league.
We draft so well that we have 3 playoff wins in the past quarter century. That's more than the skins and lions!

blueblood70

Reaction score
T. J. Watt doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo. T. J. Watt doo, doo, doo, doo, doo, doo
says 29 other teams who ALSO passed on him draft day. wake up, it happens every draft. Parsons first year playing 4 positions has more sacks as rookie then watt did dod dod da doo da doododo

im betting many fans of other teams that allowed parsons to fall too us not only at 10 but we trade down 2 spots and also get third...Genius. 11 teams are kicking themselves right now.. :)) guess what many fans in the zone were not happy we didn't trade up and give up future drafts for Surtain. lmao..right.. we made a mistake like 29 other teams but are great draft team , one of the top 5 in the league yearly.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
jeff-goldblum-chaos-theory.gif
Lol

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Charlton has struggled to find footing in the NFL, being on five different teams since going pro. The former Michigan star will have to keep looking, it seems, to get back on an NFL playing field this year. Proof yet once again not all college stars make it in the NFL. But, just making it to the NFL is a life time accomplishment in itself. Best of luck Taco!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Drafting Taco Charlton gave me PTSD flashbacks of Shante Carver, Kavika Pittman and Ebenezer Ekuban.

Those were a LOT of wasted 1st and 2nd day picks.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Joey Ivie just another way to spell John Ridgeway.

The guy responsible for convincing Jerry to draft Taco over TJ Watt was the same guy who was excited in the same draft when he once again convinced Jerry to draft Joey Ivie with a late round pick.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Seems I recall some here thinking letting this guy go was an error. Something about he had a good game or preseason game, and there were fans wondering if this was the right move for Dallas to move him along..

I suppose it was.

https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/saints-roster-moves-taco-charlton-cut/
his first few games with Miami after the release he was wracking up the sacks. Thats why people said this. It was a curious bump in his output, but time has set it straight