Twitter: Taco inactive for today’s game

Chuck 54

Reaction score
TJ Watt is 250 and playing OLB. He’d certainly contribute and compete better than Taco, but there’s a reason these guys go to 3-4 teams....because they fit the scheme. Same reason DWare was great here and in Denver as OLB, but was nothing special and suffered with his back in the 4-3 as DE.

TJ Watt would be helping us as a situational DE, but he wouldn’t have those stats if he had to engage the OT and set the edge every play.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I defended the Taco pick over Watt and at this point I have been wrong. I think Taco can turn it around but this attitude issue he has will not allow that to happen. I know people are down on Gregory but at least he plays and other than the saints game I can't remember any penalties he has had. I think we will draft another DE in the draft and I'm still excited to see Armstrong develop.

I'm not sure how much trade value Taco has but if he don't get his act together soon we will find out. Seems taco plays better on the left side but no way I'm I letting Lawrence not get a contract. I rather pay Lawrence and cut ties with Taco

Mr_437

Reaction score
Personally he might not want to be here
Didn't look too happy when they drafted him, think his Pops was happier.

Charlton has little trade value.

#97 needs to play better for everybody, maybe he gets right after sitting down for a while.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score

Yep. But but but Tank is dominant. He has 3 sacks in 7 games woohoo. I think Lawrence needs to look in the mirror and see if he thinks he is a dominant player and if he does, he needs to show it on the field.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Yep. But but but Tank is dominant. He has 3 sacks in 7 games woohoo. I think Lawrence needs to look in the mirror and see if he thinks he is a dominant player and if he does, he needs to show it on the field.
He’s a top 10 DE in the NFL. That puts him in tier 1.

Bluefin

Reaction score
I agree that his performance is coming along, I was thinking more along the lines of if we want to commit to him long-term like we likely would have with Watt.
That decision won't have to me made for a couple of years.

Randy Gregory needs to stay clean off the field and continue playing football on it.

I hope he can do it!

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
He’s a top 10 DE in the NFL. That puts him in tier 1.
I think he has the ability to be a top 5 DE in the league. Earlier in the season he played like it. Lately however, he is pretty incognito. Being a stud at any position and being hard to spot on the field are never good. Lawrence needs to play like he did at the beginning of the year if he wants to be considered a beast. That is basically what I am saying. Someone needs to poke him a little and get him playing with a little more urgency. 2 or 3 sacks today and some QB pressures would be good.