Taco not happy with coaches

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I'm just surprised there are taco gifs, who makes these.

gqhfqFB.gif

Drench that Taco with Diablo sauce and light a fire under his saddle.

Reaction score
Taco has to earn playing time if he wants it. If he was busting our oline's *** in practice, best believe he'd get to relieve DLaw and get in the game in the rotation. He just hasn't shown much yet, and based on this stuff it seems like he may not have the attitude needed to get there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh well.....it would be nice to have him performing and have him for depth.....but Gregory looks to have arrived.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I really think they need to just trade this kid and get him a change of scenery. Yeah, you're not gonna get first round value, but he's busting hard anyway.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I’m with Taco, Fire all the coaches, and rebuild this defense around Super Taco!!!:p

RS12

Reaction score
Nothing like running your mouth before accomplishing a thing, always puts you in a good light.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hope the Cowboys can get at least a late 2nd round pick for this sloppy taco.

Dreaming there.

Everybody can see for themselves his public tantrum, and nobody is signing up for that. Apparently, Taco isn't smart enough to know that everybody can see what he posts, not just his intended targets (who don't care anyway).

Men don't handle their issues with butthurt tweets.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
https://thelandryhat.com/2018/12/12/dallas-cowboys-regret-taco-charlton/

This is bad. You don't want to draft a "developmental prospect" in round one. Round 1 is for guys who can contribute right out of the gate and develop into something more. Taco just has the measurables but was never someone Dallas looked to for an immediate contribution.

Yeah but that's what late round 1 guys are. This is why I was okay with giving a 1st for Cooper. This is what you get around there. Guys who are projects who have potential. I heard rave reviews about Taco in the offseason...wouldn't be the first time right? But if they are coaching him and they are seeing it and the season come and he's not doing what they expected? You just gotta chalk it up as a loss. Its still early. But I'm not sure if his make up in his head is that of player struggling who needs to get out of a funk. A new destination seems to be better for guys like that sort of like Cooper was.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dreaming there.

Everybody can see for themselves his public tantrum, and nobody is signing up for that. Apparently, Taco isn't smart enough to know that everybody can see what he posts, not just his intended targets (who don't care anyway).

Men don't handle their issues with butthurt tweets.

Round 3 or 4. He just needs someone who believes in him. :facepalm:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but that's what late round 1 guys are. This is why I was okay with giving a 1st for Cooper. This is what you get around there. Guys who are projects who have potential. I heard rave reviews about Taco in the offseason...wouldn't be the first time right? But if they are coaching him and they are seeing it and the season come and he's not doing what they expected? You just gotta chalk it up as a loss. Its still early. But I'm not sure if his make up in his head is that of player struggling who needs to get out of a funk. A new destination seems to be better for guys like that sort of like Cooper was.

TJ Watt. The guy the Cowboys could have drafted but passed on. The guy who has more sacks than our top pass rusher does.

Much like with drafting Gavin Escobar over Travis Kelce, the decision to draft Taco over Watt is another that will live in infamy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
TJ Watt. The guy the Cowboys could have drafted but passed on. The guy who has more sacks than our top pass rusher does.

Much like with drafting Gavin Escobar over Travis Kelce, the decision to draft Taco over Watt is another that will live in infamy.
These scouts or staff felt TJ Watt felt like he wouldn't be a fit here. I can't commend this front office and trust them on moves and then when they don't make one get upset that they didn't make it. They could've drafted Kony Ealy instead of Lawrence. They could've gotten Paxton Lynch instead of Dak. They could've drafted Deforest Buckner over Zeke.

Scouts don't bat 100%. I don't see the fit but who knows. May be he comes here and flourishes. I just have to trust this team on this one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These scouts or staff felt TJ Watt felt like he wouldn't be a fit here. I can't commend this front office and trust them on moves and then when they don't make one get upset that they didn't make it. They could've drafted Kony Ealy instead of Lawrence. They could've gotten Paxton Lynch instead of Dak. They could've drafted Deforest Buckner over Zeke.

Scouts don't bat 100%. I don't see the fit but who knows. May be he comes here and flourishes. I just have to trust this team on this one.

No, actually you don't.

It's possible for praising them for obvious hits (there have been many, especially lately) while still criticizing obvious misses.

And for the record, from everything that I had heard, Charlton over Watt was a Marinelli call, not the scouts. Nice job Rod!

C-rgWWNV0AAUvGv.jpg

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, actually you don't.

It's possible for praising them for obvious hits (there have been many, especially lately) while still criticizing obvious misses.

And for the record, from everything that I had heard, Charlton over Watt was a Marinelli call, not the scouts. Nice job Rod!

C-rgWWNV0AAUvGv.jpg
Obvious hits? There's such a thing in the NFL?

And yeah criticize away on the Watt move. If you think we need a outside linebacker then have at it. Wasn't Rod also the one who didn't want Sheriff Floyd?