Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
Tak is a smaller more explosive player, but at 6'2 250 pounds it would be tougher for him to hold up as a 3 down player. However, he may be the better pass rusher on 3rd down. I see Taco as the more complete player that is strong against the run with ability to rush the passer with strength as opposed to finesse.

If Taco turned into a Greg Ellis type player would you be satisfied?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
What gives you the absolute credibility to declare "trading up is almost always a mistake"?
There have been numerous studies... Many of which I've linked to over the years showing how teams over value their ability to select players and how quantity over perceived quality prevails.

We need to look no further than to Dak in the 4th to know this to be true.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Tak is a smaller more explosive player, but at 6'2 250 pounds it would be tougher for him to hold up as a 3 down player. However, he may be the better pass rusher on 3rd down. I see Taco as the more complete player that is strong against the run with ability to rush the passer with strength as opposed to finesse.

If Taco turned into a Greg Ellis type player would you be satisfied?

we would not know for a long time.
we dont need a 3 down player.
we mostly need a pressure player who can apply pressure on passing downs.
we dont need the player for the regular season.
we need the player for the playoffs.
if gregory was not such a loser, he would have been adequate coming back this december.
but we all know better...

waldoputty

Reaction score
There have been numerous studies... Many of which I've linked to over the years showing how teams over value their ability to select players and how quantity over perceived quality prevails.

We need to look no further than to Dak in the 4th to know this to be true.

good choice, why dont you bring up tom brady in the 6th round.
how about i trade you my 6th round pick for your 1st round pick!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
With this logic why didn't we just trade up for Garrett?

His logic is that if we had spend the money on Bouye or Gilmour that we could have traded up with the third to get the guy that we want.

Everything boils down to an extension of that with wp and he makes everything about it. He wants to go back to the days of 1995-2012 when we spent money to bring in significant FA year after year.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get the Takk love. Kind of reminds me of Vernon Gholston.

Charlton has him beat on virtually every measurable and had he not been injured probably more productivity.

Besides Takk is a complete nut job.
What's funny is that fans like Waldo would have raved about Barnett if he had been drafted by the Cowboys because the media told those fans he was great. They would never have mentioned that his measurable(s) were sub-par to Taco's. Taco was better in all measurable(s) except the 3-cone (7.12 vs 7.17) as compared to Barnett.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually Stephen jones kind of did, Carr was pretty upset when SJ said in an interview they were willing to let everyone they let go leave if the price was too high. Didn't think they were worth it and could get comparable talent in this years draft due to it being so deep. Sucks hearing someone say that but they felt the Dbs didn't produce enough for the salaries they wanted.
I'll vouch tor this. Stephen did say that.

In the more publicized draft press conferences, Stephen went out of his way to praise the departed players; however, previously, he said why keep players that didn't produce the desire results.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
i never complained about travis frederick.
was there some type of information that the cowboys settled for some other player.
They traded away from their 5th ranked player on the board. Do you actually follow this team?

waldoputty

Reaction score
What's funny is that fans like Waldo would have raved about Barnett if he had been drafted by the Cowboys because the media told those fans he was great. They would never have mentioned that his measurable(s) were sub-par to Taco's. Taco was better in all measurable(s) except the 3-cone (7.12 vs 7.17) as compared to Barnett.

i dont care what the media said.
i am simply going by what was said about the cowboys' preference.
if we did not take the preferred guy, that is settling.

waldoputty

Reaction score
His logic is that if we had spend the money on Bouye or Gilmour that we could have traded up with the third to get the guy that we want.

Everything boils down to an extension of that with wp and he makes everything about it. He wants to go back to the days of 1995-2012 when we spent money to bring in significant FA year after year.

dont even need bouye or gilmore.
even keeping carr would have allowed us to wait at least 1 year before having to force-feed ourselves on DBs.
we should have force fed on RDEs, not DBs.

waldoputty

Reaction score
They traded away from their 5th ranked player on the board. Do you actually follow this team?

i think we got the story on that - that the scouts disagreed with the coaches.
perfectly reasonable explanation.

and back in 2013, i did not have time to follow the details and barely had time to watch a game.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
dont even need bouye or gilmore.
even keeping carr would have allowed us to wait at least 1 year before having to force-feed ourselves on DBs.
we should have force fed on RDEs, not DBs.

You are not helping your case here, w.

Meanwhile pretty much everyone agrees that the Cowboys had one of the best drafts. They don't need to beat your ideal. They just have to beat the competition.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I'll vouch tor this. Stephen did say that.

In the more publicized draft press conferences, Stephen went out of his way to praise the departed players; however, previously, he said why keep players that didn't produce the desire results.

i recall press conferences said they wanted to keep certain players for the right price

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i dont care what the media said.
i am simply going by what was said about the cowboys' preference.
if we did not take the preferred guy, that is settling.
Would you have been upset if Barnett fell to the Cowboys and they drafted him?