Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

waldoputty

Reaction score
Would you have been upset if Barnett fell to the Cowboys and they drafted him?

there was something wrong with Barnett but i cannot remember what.
what would annoy me is if the team settled for an inferior daddy prospect because of a stupid 3rd round pick.
so instead of drafting a daddy, we may get a mommy.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dont even need bouye or gilmore.
even keeping carr would have allowed us to wait at least 1 year before having to force-feed ourselves on DBs.
we should have force fed on RDEs, not DBs.
They drafted 4 DBs. How much would keeping 1 player affect that? So they draft 3 DBs instead?

waldoputty

Reaction score
We drafted one in the first round lol

we could have combined the picks and traded up.
we could have traded up to get Takk and use the 2nd round pick on Willis or one of the other RDE candidates.
throw numbers at RDE instead of stupid DBs that can be drafted every year.

waldoputty

Reaction score
They drafted 4 DBs. How much would keeping 1 player affect that? So they draft 3 DBs instead?

they need to draft 2 to be pretty sure 1 works out.
the 6th round and 7th round picks are much lower investment.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
there was something wrong with Barnett but i cannot remember what.
what would annoy me is if the team settled for an inferior daddy prospect because of a stupid 3rd round pick.
so instead of drafting a daddy, we may get a mommy.
No, there was no medial or character issues with Barnett. You must be thinking of someone else. Takk had a bad shoulder, Watt had bad knees. Lawson had a hip and possibly a back issue.

waldoputty

Reaction score
No, there was no medial or character issues with Barnett. You must be thinking of someone else. Takk had a bad shoulder, Watt had bad knees. Lawson had a hip and possibly a back issue.

may be it was allen with some med problem.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Carr got 6M average from the Ravens.

yes so pay up so you can focus the draft on the daddy.
cut him a couple years later and eat some dead money - we have plenty of cap space.
i hope taco works out.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
i never complained about travis frederick.
was there some type of information that the cowboys settled for some other player.

Frederick was considered a 2nd round/B-player. We took him in the first round. But by your logic, we should have traded up in that draft to get an A-rated war daddy like Dion Jordan (3), Ezekiel Ansah(5), or Barkavious Mingo(6).

slomoxn

Reaction score
i recall press conferences said they wanted to keep certain players for the right price
Those press conferences took place but I am talking about an interview specifically addresssing the loss of all the db's they let go. SJ put it out there, they would have been happy to have any of those guys back but perfectly willing to say adieu if they got a better deal somewhere else. Look what they signed as FA's in their places, they feel the talent they signed Is just as good and cheaper, plus with as many interceptions as they've produced (not many), the injuries, age plus the fact they are really not that good the upside in this draft with cornerbacks and safeties is better. Get cheaper stop gaps sprinkled in with some young hungry talent and build. That defense wasn't getting better with those guys, sorry.

slomoxn

Reaction score
we could have combined the picks and traded up.
we could have traded up to get Takk and use the 2nd round pick on Willis or one of the other RDE candidates.
throw numbers at RDE instead of stupid DBs that can be drafted every year.
Yes db's can be drafted every year, but not good ones. THIS year is the year every team said they could get cream of crop db's though. This year no one really wanted any of the QB's coming out, Rheyre already salivating over NEXT years class of QB's. Dallas got what they wanted and who they wanted in the first 3 rounds, you're just not happy it wasn't Takk, I'd rather have the players they got than one we think may be better considering what magazine you read or person you talked to. Half said Taco the other half said Takk, what I do know is they're happy with Taco and ecstatic they got the first three.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
i thought the FO said themselves that they wanted to keep the players but it was the salary cap.
only there is plenty of salary cap space so that is a bunch of BS.

The team isn't going to sit and tell a bunch of media guys that Carr, Church, Wilcox and Mo sucked. They're going to do the classy thing and say that they looked at dollars vs. a deep secondary draft and decided to let guys they liked go to other teams.

It would have been classless to say Carr can't run or catch very well, Claiborne gets hurt every time there is a stiff breeze, Church is a JAG, and Wilcox just isn't very good.

They're not going to do that. My goodness. You have written this same thread in one form or another 100 times.