Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
again i am just going by what an article said the cowboys preferred.
not what i preferred, not what you preferred.
acutally some poster said taco was 2nd round player ranked as #19.
they had 18 players ranked as 1st round.
if they preferred takk over taco, that would make him a 1st round player in their mind.

That is a huge "if". We have no idea if it is true or not.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
The team isn't going to sit and tell a bunch of media guys that Carr, Church, Wilcox and Mo sucked. They're going to do the classy thing and say that they looked at dollars vs. a deep secondary draft and decided to let guys they liked go to other teams.

It would have been classless to say Carr can't run or catch very well, Claiborne gets hurt every time there is a stiff breeze, Church is a JAG, and Wilcox just isn't very good.

They're not going to do that. My goodness. You have written this same thread in one form or another 100 times.
Actually, Stephen did pretty much that.

"Players we want to keep, we keep them,'' Jones declared. "Most of these players, I'm not going to single out guys, but most of them we were ready to let move on.

“We are not going to get any better on defense if we just keep paying the guys we got,”

And we have to make plays on the ball. We have to do that better.

“Obviously we haven’t been doing that with the guys we got. So how do you get better if you keep paying the guys you got who aren’t making plays on the ball a lot of money?”

Translation: They sucked.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Actually, Stephen did pretty much that.

"Players we want to keep, we keep them,'' Jones declared. "Most of these players, I'm not going to single out guys, but most of them we were ready to let move on.

“We are not going to get any better on defense if we just keep paying the guys we got,”

And we have to make plays on the ball. We have to do that better.

“Obviously we haven’t been doing that with the guys we got. So how do you get better if you keep paying the guys you got who aren’t making plays on the ball a lot of money?”

Translation: They sucked.

Well, it is much closer to truth. Thanks.

Do you remember when that quote is from?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/201...se-free-agency-nfl-2017-draft-cap-allocation/

https://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/...phen-jones-fretting-cowboys-free-agent-losses
Late March. I didn't think it was this weekend because when I heard him he was trying to be gentle with his words. It was specifically about the secondary this weekend though, so maybe he didn't want to do it when it was narrowed down to just those 4 guys.

Who knows? The main thing is, they didn't want to keep those chumps.

It won't be too long before everyone understands just how much better Awuzie and Lewis truly are. Night and day.

Thanks again bro.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
hard to believe someone would make such a claim without good evidence.

Did you really just say that. It's a freaking blogger trying to get clicks. Hack journalism at its best. What would Donald call it..."Fake News"

Reminds my of the commercial when the girl was meeting a guy on a blind date and he was suppose to be this French hunk. Turns out he was a frog. She was told you can't believe everything on the internet and her response was, internet never lies.

Hey Waldo, "we we" in my French accent.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Listen if it's how Cowboys evaluated them Tak > Taco because they didn't even have Taco as a 1st rounder. Oddly I live our draft BUT Taco. I thought they gave in to need. But as the 90s teams showed a Dline rotation isn't bad. Tak was more edge rusher needed. Taco more a rotation grinder.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Did you really just say that. It's a freaking blogger trying to get clicks. Hack journalism at its best. What would Donald call it..."Fake News"

Reminds my of the commercial when the girl was meeting a guy on a blind date and he was suppose to be this French hunk. Turns out he was a frog. She was told you can't believe everything on the internet and her response was, internet never lies.

Hey Waldo, "we we" in my French accent.

Michael Sisemore writes there all the time
I sure have a lot more faith in what he says than what you say...

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score

Keep on fighting Waldo. All these people atTakking you and yet you are keeping strong to what you believe. They should all just Takke the high road and give in to you. Anyone with any Takktical knowledge should believe that incriminating here say evidence you put forth.

Anyway, I'm going to take a few Tic Takks and go to bed now.

Goodnight

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
this is what your complete nut job posted on twitter on the 29th
Much respect and support from the best tackle in the NFL
1f919-1f3ff.png
Glad some people understand the emotions I was going through

Sounds like the guy just had strong emotions.
Sorry if he does not meet with your country club pedigree.

Maybe I was a bit harsh, but he can't keep his emotions in check. Trust me I'm not for country clubbers exclusively, but he seems off his rails a bit which could lead to problems if faced with adversity.
In any case, he has speed, but I just don't see the bend or power in his game.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Keep on fighting Waldo. All these people atTakking you and yet you are keeping strong to what you believe. They should all just Takke the high road and give in to you. Anyone with any Takktical knowledge should believe that incriminating here say evidence you put forth.

Anyway, I'm going to take a few Tic Takks and go to bed now.

Goodnight

lol, they can attack all they want but i am used to fighting with lawyers...
they cannot attack the logic of the argument so they attack the source of article.

Zman5

Reaction score
no just responding to someone who had a problem with takk because of his outburst.

I think the FO didn't want to give up a 3rd because they probably felt they already had a Takk type of guy in Tapper. I'm sure if they felt Takk was worth the extra 3rd, they would have done it. I doubt they did not do it because they felt desperate to get another DB.

This draft was very deep with DBs. If they really felt Takk was worth the extra 3rd, they would have gotten him and got another DB in the 4th.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score

Michael Sizemore writes a blog and writes an opinion that he formulates without any inside contacts or any press pass to interview team personnel. He is a freaking blogger and I'm calling him out to produce a quote from Eatman.

As to you believing me, we we Waldo. We we!

waldoputty

Reaction score
Michael Sizemore writes a blog and writes an opinion that he formulates without any inside contacts or any press pass to interview team personnel. He is a freaking blogger and I'm calling him out to produce a quote from Eatman.

As to you believing me, we we Waldo. We we!

Well, I emailed him and will let everyone know how he responds.
Hate all you want ;)

waldoputty

Reaction score
Maybe I was a bit harsh, but he can't keep his emotions in check. Trust me I'm not for country clubbers exclusively, but he seems off his rails a bit which could lead to problems if faced with adversity.
In any case, he has speed, but I just don't see the bend or power in his game.

I dont have a big problem with a young person going emotional in a big milestone.
Sure he could have watched his language, but this is about keeping a promise he made at the death bed of the person who raised him after he was abandoned by both parents.
I dont know how that feels like myself, but that is some serious ****.

He does not have much bend.
His cone score was not good.
The question is if the Cowboys preferred him and settled for Taco.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I think the FO didn't want to give up a 3rd because they probably felt they already had a Takk type of guy in Tapper. I'm sure if they felt Takk was worth the extra 3rd, they would have done it. I doubt they did not do it because they felt desperate to get another DB.

This draft was very deep with DBs. If they really felt Takk was worth the extra 3rd, they would have gotten him and got another DB in the 4th.

takk is like tapper but without the back problem.
his tape always seem more explosive to me.
tapper is supposed to be really fast but does not look that fast from what i have seen...

slomoxn

Reaction score
Well, it is much closer to truth. Thanks.

Do you remember when that quote is from?
I don't remember when it was from, I remember the quote though and Carr being kind of po'd about it after. It is definitely a quote SJ said though, I referenced it in the thread also but not this specific. But- he basicsllly said no point in paying a bunch of guys a bunch of money for production we can get cheaper.