Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

waldoputty

Reaction score
Dude should be dis-barred for beating a dead horse.

would never want to be a lawyer though some of my best friends are attorneys.
a thankless job most of the time.
patent law is too boring.
corporate law is too stiff.
sorry i am a startup guy.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
That is true when you are building the team, not trying to get the last major piece to win it all.
The draft is always about building a team.

Like this is embarrassing remedial nfl roster construction that you're missing.

You want us to take a DE in the first 3 rounds regardless of the actual available talent.

That's how you end drafting the 42 percent of DEs who don't make it in the first round or the 72 percent of DEs who don't make it in the 2nd etc.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Lol at your use of statistics. Shameful.

And if your goal is to get 1 starter from your first 3 picks then you're doing something very wrong.

If you're drafting without thought for who is on your team you're doing things very wrong.

Our draft has been universally praised and yet you think we'd have been better served just drafting nothing but lineman because you think this is madden.

the simple fact from the statistics is 1 starter from first 3 picks (actually slightly better than that if do the arithmetic)
you may not like it, but it is the hard cold truth from the numbers.
draft all the fast dbs you want, they are toast if there is no pass rush.

waldoputty

Reaction score
The draft is always about building a team.

Like this is embarrassing remedial nfl roster construction that you're missing.

You want us to take a DE in the first 3 rounds regardless of the actual available talent.

That's how you end drafting the 42 percent of DEs who don't make it in the first round or the 72 percent of DEs who don't make it in the 2nd etc.

i said use the draft resources to solve the DE problem.
you dont need to have your head in the sand like the FO does with the salary cap.
that could mean trading up.
it could mean multiple picks.
it could mean both.
any idiot knows a better passrush makes the DBs look better.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
the simple fact from the statistics is 1 starter from first 3 picks (actually slightly better than that if do the arithmetic)
you may not like it, but it is the hard cold truth from the numbers.
draft all the fast dbs you want, they are toast if there is no pass rush.
Actually that's not how the math works. You're looking at the numbers as if they are mutually exclusive. They aren't. Picking Taco at 28 makes it less likely that a DE at 60 starts and that DE in addition to Taco makes it even less likely that the DE at 92 starts. We know this because there are a finite number of starting spots.

Please be better at math and translating isolated statistics to roster building.

waldoputty

Reaction score
You don't seem to understand they wanted and were willing to let things play out this way. It was not a mistake or debacle, they didn't care; it was part of their plan. They made a decision years ago to build their team, no more high priced FAs that would not fit what they were trying to do. Get young players they can coach exactly what they wanted into them, keep and pay the ones that pan out and churn those that don't. You think they made a mistake where they feel things worked out exactly how they wanted. It's sad but you don't work for them and your philosophy is completely off focus of what they want to accomplish so if you did work for the organization you wouldn't for long. You'd be the one not seeing the vision which would mean you should go find a vision that suits you or create your own with your own team. They at building what suits their goals and what you want they have tried, for how many years did Jerry dump money into fa's and for nothing but cap issues.

well that sounds a nice feel good family farm story.
well if they keep going that way, there would be much more cap dollars than they can use.
that is called not trying hard enough.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Actually that's not how the math works. You're looking at the numbers as if they are mutually exclusive. They aren't. Picking Taco at 28 makes it less likely that a DE at 60 starts and that DE in addition to Taco makes it even less likely that the DE at 92 starts. We know this because there are a finite number of starting spots.

Please be better at math and translating isolated statistics to roster building.

i have to give you credit for twisting the stats argument.
the stats assume independent events - sure.
that provides a measure of the talent and talent evaluation in the process.
obviously you cannot have more than 2 DE starters.
what matters is talent acquisition, not 'technically' whether the player becomes a starter or not.

waldoputty

Reaction score
It's taken me six pages worth of arguments to realize I've been trolled. That's the only logical conclusion for the cherry picking of information and stats done by a fairly analytical person. Well played, Waldo.

wow, we are getting more creative all the time.
it makes the board more fun.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Jimmy said hit me in the head with a rock the next time I draft a stupid player. Takk is a stupid player and looks like he has a screw loose.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Jimmy said hit me in the head with a rock the next time I draft a stupid player. Takk is a stupid player and looks like he has a screw loose.

i dont know his score so i dont know if he is stupid.
he may have a screw loose given what he has been through.
or he may have just an emotional event given the milestone.
it is not as if he failed the drug test at the combine and then failed multiple tests afterwards.
it is not as if he got in trouble with a girl in his room 2 weeks before the draft, and she is now crying rape...

Last edited:

slomoxn

Reaction score
well that sounds a nice feel good family farm story.
well if they keep going that way, there would be much more cap dollars than they can use.
that is called not trying hard enough.
Call it what you want, in construction we call it building a firm foundation, you can whine and moan about it all you want, it's done, you now have two choices. Get on board, or find a new team, your displeasure about their way of building their team obviously did not and does not resonate with them. But there are 31 other teams that may adjust their way of doing business based on your suggestions. As for me I'm good with it, I know nothing beyond watching games on Sunday about how to administer the day to day activities of an NFL team and if I did I'd be an executive for the NFL. BUT, I don't so I'm not, and neither are you, so let's just be happy they did something positive for the other 99% of us.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Call it what you want, in construction we call it building a firm foundation, you can whine and moan about it all you want, it's done, you now have two choices. Get on board, or find a new team, your displeasure about their way of building their team obviously did not and does not resonate with them. But there are 31 other teams that may adjust their way of doing business based on your suggestions. As for me I'm good with it, I know nothing beyond watching games on Sunday about how to administer the day to day activities of an NFL team and if I did I'd be an executive for the NFL. BUT, I don't so I'm not, and neither are you, so let's just be happy they did something positive for the other 99% of us.

no, just voicing my disagreement with the approach.
if taco turns out great, then i happily eat crow.
if taco is a bust, you will hear from me.

fans do not always agree with the team decisions.
lord know how many unhappy cleveland fans stayed with their team despite ...

the board is for expressing opinions.
i am doing that.
you are doing that.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
1. here is the response from sissemore: He said so on Talking Cowboys Break on Friday. He was adamant and said it's a fact that Takk was the guy until Atlanta traded up. The war room cam shows Stephen, Jerry, and McClay look bummed when Takk's name was called. It's a fact, they wanted Takk but are happy with Taco.

2. 10 yard split times
Miles Garrett: 1.63 -- http://www.ninersnation.com/2017/3/...ertical-jump-40-time-10-yard-split-broad-jump
Takk: 1.60 -- https://relativeathleticscores.com/2017/04/13/takkarist-mckinley-ras/
Taco: 1.70 -- http://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/...otential-draft-pick-profile-dl-taco-charlton/

Again. Anyone can look for themselves. That is the most tepid "bummed" I have ever seen.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That's a pretty weak argument. There are way more examples of overspenders not winning a championship than winning a championship.

Oh, we have gone through the various teams that have used his strategy and have "won" FA by spending on significant FA every year. He still wants it.

Denver is and has been hemorrhaging FA too and he doesn't want to hear that either.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Oh, we have gone through the various teams that have used his strategy and have "won" FA by spending on significant FA every year. He still wants it.

Denver is and has been hemorrhaging FA too and he doesn't want to hear that either.

would you agree that we could have bundled the picks to get a higher rated DE if we signed at least 1 highly rated FA CB?
there is a cost for action and for inaction.

denver's biggest problem is their QB got old.