Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

slomoxn

Reaction score
no, just voicing my disagreement with the approach.
if taco turns out great, then i happily eat crow.
if taco is a bust, you will hear from me.

fans do not always agree with the team decisions.
lord know how many unhappy cleveland fans stayed with their team despite ...

the board is for expressing opinions.
i am doing that.
you are doing that.
Well, at this point the horse is glue bro, you've beaten the crap out of it and no one still agrees with you if that's your objective. So at some point you have to either decide if you want to ride with the squad and accept it or move on. You're basically saying you want to wait around for three year hoping to say I told you so. I remember this with the Shaun Merriman/Demarco Ware saga, those that wanted Merriman waited for years to say it, well Merriman was on roids and Ware is going into the HOF eventually with a ring on his finger. You'd be happier finding the positive here than sitting like a vulture waiting for your i told you so moment. Just a thought bro.

waldoputty

Reaction score
This isn't pet cat angst. This is FA spending angst and most people know better.

i am not the one who wrote the article.
someone else suggested that video stopped etc., not me.
you can go through the thread and see who suggested it either here or in a related thread.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Clap, clap, clap...

I think we have all GOT to give waldo his due here. He has almost single-handedly kept a thread worth no more than 2 pages MAX going for 18 pages at this point. And he's doing it all based on flimsy at best "evidence". He said he was used to fighting lawyers all the time in an earlier post I believe. I think he is either a fantastic lawyer who can play a crowd with nothing more than a few scraps of info in his favor or a horrible one who all the judges groan out loud whenever they see and shut him down early because they know how it will all unfold. Hard to tell yet.

Of course "fighting with lawyers" could mean he's a judge instead. If so, he seems to value circumstantial and heresay evidence much more than he should.

Or it could mean he is a career criminal.

Any way you cut it though. He has done fantastic in keeping a thread which is long past its expiration date active and should be applauded.

Clap, clap, clap!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
you can go through the thread and see who suggested it either here or in a related thread.

Which video? The Break or the War Room?

I know the War Room didn't stop and they show Marinelli come in after the Takk pick and fist bump with Stephen Jones.

I posted the article where Eatman writes the Cowboys were ecstatic that they got Taco.

You could easily look for yourself on your phone but you seem to have no real interest in proving yourself.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Well, at this point the horse is glue bro, you've beaten the crap out of it and no one still agrees with you if that's your objective. So at some point you have to either decide if you want to ride with the squad and accept it or move on. You're basically saying you want to wait around for three year hoping to say I told you so. I remember this with the Shaun Merriman/Demarco Ware saga, those that wanted Merriman waited for years to say it, well Merriman was on roids and Ware is going into the HOF eventually with a ring on his finger. You'd be happier finding the positive here than sitting like a vulture waiting for your i told you so moment. Just a thought bro.

obviously no one is going to convince anyone at this point.
but there are people who read these threads and do not comment.
fans are allowed to be unhappy.
i just want to point out the obvious flaws of the team's strategy.
i am not waiting 3 years, i am saying it now and 1 week from now etc.
since @GhostOfPelleur and others have earned it, i will do a full cap impact of different scenarios.
i am not one of those who needs to bathe in positivity to be happy, though would not complain from the positivity of a superbowl championship or a big win.
i am not a vulture, more like woody woodpecker :lmao:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

That is not an article. It is a blog. It's there in the site's name.

And how about you say "he could be wrong?" Is that too hard? You know what willful ignorance means right?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Which video? The Break or the War Room?

I know the War Room didn't stop and they show Marinelli come in after the Takk pick and fist bump with Stephen Jones.

I posted the article where Eatman writes the Cowboys were ecstatic that they got Taco.

You could easily look for yourself on your phone but you seem to have no real interest in proving yourself.

no my phone is out of data of the month due to watching a video. so i need to have internet. i will get around to it later today.

waldoputty

Reaction score
That is not an article. It is a blog. It's there in the site's name.

And how about you say "he could be wrong?" Is that too hard? You know what willful ignorance means right?

of course, everyone can be wrong but that includes you also.
he is a very popular blogger at BTB
i dont think he would outright make something up.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
would you agree that we could have bundled the picks to get a higher rated DE if we signed at least 1 highly rated FA CB?
there is a cost for action and for inaction.

denver's biggest problem is their QB got old.

No, I wouldn't. Maybe if you wish real hard though.

Their QB getting old did not force them to lose Julius Thomas, Wes Welker, Manny Ramirez, Orlando Franklin, Demarcus Ware, Rahim Moore, Nate Irving, and Ryan Clady.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
of course, everyone can be wrong but that includes you also.
he is a very popular blogger at BTB
i dont think he would outright make something up.

I have no idea why he is wrong but nevertheless there it is.

And I like how you act incredulous on that front but it never occurs to you that the notion that the Cowboys would conveniently edit out that segment after the fact is pretty damn specious.

And of course you still refuse to look for yourself.

waldoputty

Reaction score
No, I wouldn't. Maybe if you wish real hard though.

Their QB getting old did not force them to lose Julius Thomas, Wes Welker, Manny Ramirez, Orlando Franklin, Demarcus Ware, Rahim Moore, Nate Irving, and Ryan Clady.

yes and they have 15M cap this year, ~7M cap space remaining last year and ~5M cap space remaining the year before.
and that does not include any other cap tricks if more could be done.
so they could have kept more players if they wanted to.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I have no idea why he is wrong but nevertheless there it is.

And I like how you act incredulous on that front but it never occurs to you that the notion that the Cowboys would conveniently edit out that segment after the fact is pretty damn specious.

And of course you still refuse to look for yourself.

i am incredulous because it would require him to be basically lying, not just be wrong.
editing out is far less bad than outright lying.
and panning the camera away is even less bad than redacting.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
yes and they have 15M cap this year, ~7M cap space remaining last year and ~5M cap space remaining the year before.
and that does not include any other cap tricks if more could be done.
so they could have kept more players if they wanted to.

So they could have signed all those guys huh?

They lost the majority of those guys in the two years after they splurged. That is how it works: you splurge and then you have to trim elsewhere to get under the cap. Where they are now is immaterial.

BTW, Clady alone would have eaten up all that space. He is a top LT and they get paid.

Your way even when it works is unsustainable.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
i am incredulous because it would require him to be basically lying, not just be wrong.
editing out is far less bad than outright lying.
and panning the camera away is even less bad than redacting.

They didn't pan the camera away. You can see it from the time Seattle goes on the clock, through them trading the pick to Denver, to the Cowboys picking.

When you wish upon a star. . . . . .

And people being obstinately pigheaded in place of admission of an error is a common practice amongst the males of our species. We see it all the time with yourself as a shining example.

waldoputty

Reaction score
So they could have signed all those guys huh?

They lost the majority of those guys in the two years after they splurged. That is how it works: you splurge and then you have to trim elsewhere to get under the cap. Where they are now is immaterial.

BTW, Clady alone would have eaten up all that space. He is a top LT and they get paid.

Your way even when it works is unsustainable.

i did not say all, i said more.
ware departed in 2015 so the years i mentioned are totally relevant.
the numbers i listed were without looking space they could open up.
where the cap is now is totally relevant when you consider various cap dollar restructuring tricks.
another explanation is they did not spend money without a viable QB.
why spend $ when you have no chance.