Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

waldoputty

Reaction score
They didn't pan the camera away. You can see it from the time Seattle goes on the clock, through them trading the pick to Denver, to the Cowboys picking.

When you wish upon a star. . . . . .

And people being obstinately pigheaded in place of admission of an error is a common practice amongst the males of our species. We see it all the time with yourself as a shining example.

i will take the time to watch the video(s)

waldoputty

Reaction score
BUT WE COULD HAVE SIGNED GILMOUR OR BOUYE AND GOTTEN THE GUY WE REALLY WANTED!!!!!!!!1!1!!!!

I AM JUMPING UP AND DOWN AND WAVING MY HANDS FRANTICALLY>!!1!!1!!!11111

you can attack all you want.
it does not change what we could have done or not done.
when i get around to a cap calculation, i will post it.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
obviously no one is going to convince anyone at this point.
but there are people who read these threads and do not comment.
fans are allowed to be unhappy.
i just want to point out the obvious flaws of the team's strategy.
i am not waiting 3 years, i am saying it now and 1 week from now etc.
since @GhostOfPelleur and others have earned it, i will do a full cap impact of different scenarios.
i am not one of those who needs to bathe in positivity to be happy, though would not complain from the positivity of a superbowl championship or a big win.
i am not a vulture, more like woody woodpecker :lmao:

You strike me as the kind that had the team done exactly what you say they should have, would have started this thread talking about how dumb it was to trade up for Tak when they could have stayed put and taken Taco. Then you would have had a list of all the players available with the 3rd round pick they lost out on by making a stupid trade up. Anything to find fault and point it out no matter what you truly believe and no matter how often you are proven wrong seems to be the common theme every time you type something and click Post.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Once teams sign their rookies, no team will be below the floor.

this is not about the floor.
it is about what we could have done and gotten more for the team without jeopardizing the future.

floor is a separate discussion.

i will get around to them when i have a block of time.
believe it or not, trying to help a friend with his project.

waldoputty

Reaction score
You strike me as the kind that had the team done exactly what you say they should have, would have started this thread talking about how dumb it was to trade up for Tak when they could have stayed put and taken Taco. Then you would have had a list of all the players available with the 3rd round pick they lost out on by making a stupid trade up. Anything to find fault and point it out no matter what you truly believe and no matter how often you are proven wrong seems to be the common theme every time you type something and click Post.

you strike wrong.
i want to add a couple stars since we are so close.
i dont really care if it is a trade up or taking multiple DEs.
my complaint has been the DB defocus from the real problem.
i have been totally consistent throughout my time here.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
you strike wrong.
i want to add a couple stars since we are so close.
i dont really care if it is a trade up or taking multiple DEs.
my complaint has been the DB defocus from the real problem.
i have been totally consistent throughout my time here.

Yeah, consistently negative and wrong.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
this is not about the floor.
it is about what we could have done and gotten more for the team without jeopardizing the future.

floor is a separate discussion.

i will get around to them when i have a block of time.
believe it or not, trying to help a friend with his project.

That was your previous hairbrained FA scheme: teams would have to spend wildly in future years to meet the floor so we should spend now.

No team will be below the floor following rookies signing.

You've resorted to wishcasting the Cowboys hiding stuff they showed before from us on this topic so I've moved on.

This time you best not include numbers you pulled out of your butt like that $5m for each team from last time.

waldoputty

Reaction score
That was your previous hairbrained FA scheme: teams would have to spend wildly in future years to meet the floor so we should spend now.

No team will be below the floor following rookies signing.

You've resorted to wishcasting the Cowboys hiding stuff they showed before from us on this topic so I've moved on.

This time you best not include numbers you pulled out of your butt like that $5m for each team from last time.

when i have the continuous block of time, i will get around to the cap calculation just like the 2 hours of video to watch.

well all the large contracts you suggested to the remaining FAs, what happened to them.
i think there was only 1 above $5M - the DT from the giants.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
when i have the continuous block of time, i will get around to the cap calculation just like the 2 hours of video to watch.

well all the large contracts you suggested to the remaining FAs, what happened to them.
i think there was only 1 above $5M - the DT from the giants.

Of course you would bias it as such. Webb, Petersen, Hankins, etc signed. There are still several QBs and other players out there. You just pulled that number out of your butt.

Bottomline is that your notion about the floor was flat wrong. Forest, trees, all that.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Of course you would bias it as such. Webb, Petersen, Hankins, etc signed. There are still several QBs and other players out there. You just pulled that number out of your butt.

Bottomline is that your notion about the floor was flat wrong. Forest, trees, all that.

I am happy to admit if i am wrong about the floor.
though you may want to admit if you were about those FAs signing for huge contracts.
Are you going to say that those remaining QBs (Cutler lol) are going to get huge contracts too?

Seems like my butt may be better than your brain there?
Bro, I dont swing that way, so dont even think it...

dstew60105

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Waldo is not consistently negative. He's wrong in this thread (imo), but he is not "consistently negative," bro.

It's funny, it's like he think Takk is the second coming of Charles Haley. Taco and Takk are both good players, it's not like theirs a huge difference in their skill sets.

waldoputty

Reaction score
It's funny, it's like he think Takk is the second coming of Charles Haley. Taco and Takk are both good players, it's not like theirs a huge difference in their skill sets.

If the blogger is correct, then we settled for a player due to the DB mess.

waldoputty

Reaction score
:lmao:

classic Stockholm Syndrome
1. self-inflicted DB mess
2. fans freak out
3. fans sympathize with jailer.
4. fans take up DB cause.
5. fans forgot about the real problem - the DL that destroyed the 2016 season.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I am happy to admit if i am wrong about the floor.
though you may want to admit if you were about those FAs signing for huge contracts.
Are you going to say that those remaining QBs (Cutler lol) are going to get huge contracts too?

Seems like my butt may be better than your brain there?
Bro, I dont swing that way, so dont even think it...

I said that FA wasn't over and there were several FA still available. I thought Peterson would sign for more than he actually did but my main point was that you pulled that number out of your butt. You did.

Nice homophobic attempt at a dig there at the end, holmes. Try a different tactic.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I said that FA wasn't over and there were several FA still available. I thought Peterson would sign for more than he actually did but my main point was that you pulled that number out of your butt. You did.

Nice homophobic attempt at a dig there at the end, holmes. Try a different tactic.

I will look at the cap and floor and whatever in a week or so.

That was not a dig.
I am having fun, so dont look at everything as a personal attack.