Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

waldoputty

Reaction score
The last two times the Cowboys traded up in the first couple of rounds...they got Lawrence & Claiborne. That could've also had something to do with a reluctance to give up a 3rd rd. pick as well. They could've given up the 3rd though, as they didn't NEED to draft Lewis, as Scandrick usually plays the slot & guys like Awuzie can play there as well. Then it's been said they had offers to move down (not sure how accurate those are), but stayed put & selected Charlton.

As far as the secondary players they let go...personally, I wouldn't have wanted to see them pay what any of those guys received. Claiborne for example, played in just 7 games last season & earned $3 million. The Jets gave him $5 million. I appreciate Carr's durability, etc...but believe he's set to make around $6 million in 2017. They already over-paid for him once. Church got $12 million guranteed & an average annual salary of $6.5 million.

A couple of interesting tidbits from PFF:

- In 2016, Charlton ranked 3rd in pass-rush productivity among all draft eligible defenders with at least 100 pass rush attempts

- Taco had the highest pass-rush productivity on pressures that made it to the QB in less than 2.5 seconds

i dont see any rational reason why dlaw and mo should affect this decision.
given taco's 10 yard time, i am now pretty impressed,

waldoputty

Reaction score
What a hell of an offseason thread! You guys have tremendous energy! Save some of it for the regular season! :)

trouty, in a week, there would be nothing to talk about.
then in 2 weeks, there would be jaylon at the rookie camp.
then nothing until when?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
i am incredulous because it would require him to be basically lying, not just be wrong.
editing out is far less bad than outright lying.
and panning the camera away is even less bad than redacting.

No, BTB could simply believe Eatman, who believes what he said but his info could be wrong because he mis-interpreted what he thought he saw. It doesn't have to be them lying. It could very well be Eatman being wrong and then BTB repeating it.

Actually, it is something more subtle and infective than lying... it is someone making a pretty strong statement without actually knowing if they're wrong or not because they may or may not have an agenda that they're trying to further.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
i dont understand why you want to attack my trusting nature.
most of us read these articles and dont go around checking their references etc.
with all the fuss, i will watch the video and see for myself.

Because multiple people have pointed out in multiple ways that what the blogger stated wasn't true. And the only response you gave was "why would he lie?".

waldoputty

Reaction score
Because multiple people have pointed out in multiple ways that what the blogger stated wasn't true. And the only response you gave was "why would he lie?".

And that is still my answer.
Why would a reasonable person lie for no reason and no gain.
That would destroy their credibility.
That would be completely irrational.

Last edited:

ccb04

Reaction score
i dont see any rational reason why dlaw and mo should affect this decision.
given taco's 10 yard time, i am now pretty impressed,

Because the last 2 times they traded up in the early rounds (Claiborne & Law), things didn't work out too well. It simply could give cause for pause in their discussions. It wouldn't be the sole reason they wouldn't do it, but rather a talking point within their discussions.

waldoputty

Reaction score
So in the debate between facts and fantasy, you chose fantasy. Gotcha. I'm out.

you say it is between facts and fantasy.
you want to attack me for no reason.
you are not out, you are set on ignore.
have a bad life.

waldoputty

Reaction score
No, BTB could simply believe Eatman, who believes what he said but his info could be wrong because he mis-interpreted what he thought he saw. It doesn't have to be them lying. It could very well be Eatman being wrong and then BTB repeating it.

Actually, it is something more subtle and infective than lying... it is someone making a pretty strong statement without actually knowing if they're wrong or not because they may or may not have an agenda that they're trying to further.

well i have not watched the videos yet, but i did go through all of Eatman's tweets from the beginning of the draft to today.
and i saw no sign of any takk/taco issues.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Like our previous long discussion, the model building I learned is from the social sciences that you apparently do not approve of.
That includes classes from top game theorists like Abreu and psychologists like Herrnstein, the father of the matching theory.
We all have different backgrounds, but that is what makes arguments fun.
Wherever you learned to argue from... it is ineffective as ****.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Wherever you learned to argue from... it is ineffective as ****.

you probably do not remember this argument.
i built a math model and fuzzy had an issue with it.
the model was built based on what i learned from school.
it handles uncertainty by making certain assumptions, and fuzzy said it is worthless.
it actually has nothing to do with this thread.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
you probably do not remember this argument.
i built a math model and fuzzy had an issue with it.
the model was built based on what i learned from school.
it handles uncertainty by making certain assumptions, and fuzzy said it is worthless.
it actually has nothing to do with this thread.
I'm somewhat familiar with the model you're talking about.

I still think your method of debate is terrible. When people make a good point (plenty have), you often never acknowledge it, as if it is an impossibility for you to be wrong. That is never effective and makes people shut down.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I'm somewhat familiar with the model you're talking about.

I still think your method of debate is terrible. When people make a good point (plenty have), you often never acknowledge it, as if it is an impossibility for you to be wrong. That is never effective and makes people shut down.

i think you are just on the other side of the argument.
when fuzzy was right about the RFA, i acknowledged it.
when xwalker provided the 10 sec split time, i acknowledged it and even referenced it in another thread.
if i find out that the btb guy is wrong etc, i will acknowledge it.
i just checked eatman's tweets, and i already stated that i could find nothing about takk.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
i think you are just on the other side of the argument.
when fuzzy was right about the RFA, i acknowledged it.
when xwalker provided the 10 sec split time, i acknowledged it and even referenced it in another thread.
if i find out that the btb guy is wrong etc, i will acknowledge it.
i just checked eatman's tweets, and i already stated that i could find nothing about takk.
True enough... but that pales in comparison to the comments you completely ignored and didn't address. You'd quote the post and then act like part of it was never written.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you didn't read all the way through and simply posted what you had been for the 20 pages before.

Anyway.... enjoy!

waldoputty

Reaction score
True enough... but that pales in comparison to the comments you completely ignored and didn't address. You'd quote the post and then act like part of it was never written.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you didn't read all the way through and simply posted what you had been for the 20 pages before.

Anyway.... enjoy!

given 27 pages of comments, i think i did a decent job in responding to the gazillion comments.
could i have missed a bunch of questions?
certainly
if i have not changed my mind, i will respond to the same question the same way.
may seem repetitive to you, but that is just the way i work.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
given 27 pages of comments, i think i did a decent job in responding to the gazillion comments.
could i have missed a bunch of questions?
certainly
if i have not changed my mind, i will respond to the same question the same way.
may seem repetitive to you, but that is just the way i work.
Lucky you.

coult44

Reaction score
According to Nick Eatman:
1. Cowboys really wanted Takk
2. Rumors were Falcons wanted to hop Dallas for a passrusher, which happened
3. Cowboys were probably aware but allowed it to happen. They settled for Taco because they did not want to give up the 3rd round pick that Atlanta gave up.

So we gave up the more explosive RDE because he had to draft more DBs.
This was because they were under pressure to draft a bunch of DBs because they were too cheap to resign at least Carr.
So for a couple Mil AAV, we had to settle for an inferior RDE candidate, even though we have cap space to spare.
More of the same bean counter at work...
Lets hope it is Spicy Taco and not Soft Taco...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...s-cowboys-related-draft-buzz-into-perspective
We know the story by now for the Dallas Cowboys, they really wanted to take Takkarist McKinley. We know that to be a fact as reported by Nick Eatman, Takk was the pick at 28. However, often times, the draft throws a few curveballs. The day of the draft, rumors were swirling that the Atlanta Falcons wanted to trade up and hop Dallas for a pass rusher. They did just that by trading with Seahawks and snatching McKinley right at 26th overall.

Seems to me I remember a story of us missing out on a SORRY QB in the 4th round last year because "things didn't work out". That was the greatest thing to happen to the Cowboys since The Triplets were drafted. The same thing is gonna happen here. Takk is going to be a problem child for the NFL and Atlanta. In four years, y'all will be complaining about the contract Taco is going to demand...

coult44

Reaction score
you say it is between facts and fantasy.
you want to attack me for no reason.
you are not out, you are set on ignore.
have a bad life.

Kiss and makeup or Y'all should take this soap opera to The Ranch.