Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

waldoputty

Reaction score
You made an arbitrary distinction and claimed you were right without proving it. You don't get that assumption, chachi. Your totals also did not include all of the RFA and the like we determined.

And you are very correct to say you had no database. You did not go by any data at all whatsoever. There were no real parameters used.

Given how much I have thrown it in your face, you would expect some demonstration to the contrary. Instead you claim that because I am not an economist that means you have more authority on the subject. Again, aht appeal is garbage.

And the most salient point to take from this is that once all those remaining VFA, RFA, rookies and anyone else sign the lowest team in the league who is now at 84% of the floor will be over it or so near that it is inconsequential. That was the root of the argument.

You were right on the RFA. I told you that.

The way it was analyzed is how i was taught to do it in class.
The one who builds the model is responsible for determining the parameters.
I did the best in the parameters based on the history I remember.
Turns out the history that I remember was closed to the truth that the history you remember.
That is the bottom line if my guess was closer to the truth than yours - only 1 contract over $5M AAV was apparently signed.
You may not like it, but it is what it is.

I do not claim authority on the topic because I had economics training.
What I said is this is the way it is analyzed in economics, but you are not satisfied unless it is analyzed in the way you were trained.
Analyzing under uncertainty has its limitations.
Like I said, it is not like calculating inductance in a circuit, even after accounting for tolerance.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Socrates learned from Parmenides to question, argue and seek the truth from that method. Given his Apology and how he treated his judges, he likely would not have liked the appeal to authority on display.
Speaking more in a context of dialectics. Seems a participant in this thread doesnt wish to counter logic with logic to find logical truth. Not even taking a Sophist approach for that matter. If the mad hatter was a character in The Republic, thats the approch tbey would take

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
my whole point was to play him in a 9 gap to utilize his speed.
we need a passrush in passing situations more than anything else.
thought he has very long arms.
tapper could have provided this possibly, but his back is a serious concern.
we have plenty of lde types and irving is pretty good in spurts.
did marinelli not just a long extension?
If Marinelli was going to play a wide-9, then he would have Mayowa doing it.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
game theory and the other subjects are subjects were you often have to parametrize variables to do proofs, develop theorems and perform analysis.
if you have seen how matching is developed and utilized, then i am just copying how these theories are applied.
if you would have studied those at all and simply do not look down on the subjects, you should know that.
I love game theory.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You made an arbitrary distinction and claimed you were right without proving it. You don't get that assumption, chachi. Your totals also did not include all of the RFA and the like we determined.

And you are very correct to say you had no database. You did not go by any data at all whatsoever. There were no real parameters used.

Given how much I have thrown it in your face, you would expect some demonstration to the contrary. Instead you claim that because I am not an economist that means you have more authority on the subject. Again, aht appeal is garbage.

And the most salient point to take from this is that once all those remaining VFA, RFA, rookies and anyone else sign the lowest team in the league who is now at 84% of the floor will be over it or so near that it is inconsequential. That was the root of the argument.
Can you see my chart in post #476? Waldo says he can't see it. I just curious if anyone else can see it.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Man, this Waldo guy is funny. Few highlights:

This question directed at someone else after almost every post he makes treating unsubstantiated rumors as facts.

Says he doesn't care what the media says. Says the very next sentence he does care what the media says.

Hahahahaha.

This has to be a wind up. Should do stand up comedy.

Absolute stupidity in action.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
What a hell of an offseason thread! You guys have tremendous energy! Save some of it for the regular season! :)

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Michael Sissemore responded back to my email:
He said so on Talking Cowboys Break on Friday. He was adamant and said it's a fact that Takk was the guy until Atlanta traded up. The war room cam shows Stephen, Jerry, and McClay look bummed when Takk's name was called. It's a fact, they wanted Takk but are happy with Taco.

Not true.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You were right on the RFA. I told you that.

The way it was analyzed is how i was taught to do it in class.
The one who builds the model is responsible for determining the parameters.
I did the best in the parameters based on the history I remember.
Turns out the history that I remember was closed to the truth that the history you remember.
That is the bottom line if my guess was closer to the truth than yours - only 1 contract over $5M AAV was apparently signed.
You may not like it, but it is what it is.

I do not claim authority on the topic because I had economics training.
What I said is this is the way it is analyzed in economics, but you are not satisfied unless it is analyzed in the way you were trained.
Analyzing under uncertainty has its limitations.
Like I said, it is not like calculating inductance in a circuit, even after accounting for tolerance.

You were taught to make guesses without real empirical basis?

I am not satisfied because it lacks any empirical basis. It has nothing to do with how I was taught to model systems. I would never ask a layman for such rigor.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can see it now.
Wow if you are right, then Taco has amazing stats.
Do you mind add Garrett to it?
I don't think he ran the 3-cone. I can't find it anywhere including Bruger's draft guide.