Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

waldoputty

Reaction score
Btw I'm weirdly upset people disparage taco. I don't get it. He has Greg Ellis written all over him. Do we want pressure and production for 10 years or nah?

taco is a nice player with a second round grade.
it was reported that the team really wanted Takk.
i did not make that up.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
to be a billionaire, it is better to be lucky than good.
one key is to recognize a good thing and taking maximum advantage when you can.

the difference is cuban would stretch the budget as however necessary to win.
the current FO is more worried about a cap problem that they do not have.
like some stupid beancounter counting every bean.

It's funny that some people in DFW think Cuban is a genius and that Jerry is a dumb bumpkin.

In reality, Jerry is a master businessman and Cuban can't hold Jerry's jock in business. When you get Billions handed to you, it's easy to pretend to be a genius.

Jerry bought the Cowboys on borrowed money and could barely make the payments. Despite that, he didn't shy away from bold and expensive player moves. He then revolutionized the entire business of the NFL with a lot of resistance from other owners. Now everybody realizes that Jerry's vision has enriched all of the owners way beyond what they would have gone if they stayed on the same path they followed before Jerry got involved.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
right, i do not see much wrong with his outburst.
he promised on her death bed that he would make it to the nfl.
he was abandoned by both parents and the person who raised him died.
i call it human with a potty mouth.
lots of people have potty mouth.

Indeed. Nothing compared to what gets said in every NFL locker room everyday

waldoputty

Reaction score
You seem really bummed about Taco.

Maybe if you thought of him as Takko instead it would help?

i am not qualified to judge taco vs takko vs. burrito.
what matters to me is the team settled for the second choice over a 3rd round pick.
it is tough enough trying to draft a daddy, and they just made it tougher.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
to be a billionaire, it is better to be lucky than good.
one key is to recognize a good thing and taking maximum advantage when you can.

the difference is cuban would stretch the budget as however necessary to win.
the current FO is more worried about a cap problem that they do not have.
like some stupid beancounter counting every bean.

So you know for a fact that they let Carr, Clayborn and the rest of those underperformerd go because of cap space and not the fact that they could find equal or better DB's

Wood

Reaction score
Hard to tell until they play NFL ball. But takk missing half the season would suck.

But is Dallas window 6 games? I see young team who will have learning curve. Thats alot of rookie DBs back there. We should adjust our expectations this year.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
i am not qualified to judge taco vs takko vs. burrito.
what matters to me is the team settled for the second choice over a 3rd round pick.
it is tough enough trying to draft a daddy, and they just made it tougher.

Why stop there? They probably had Barnett higher than McKinley, why not trade up for him? They probably had Garrett even higher, why not trade up for him?

waldoputty

Reaction score
So you know for a fact that they let Carr, Clayborn and the rest of those underperformerd go because of cap space and not the fact that they could find equal or better DB's

i thought the FO said themselves that they wanted to keep the players but it was the salary cap.
only there is plenty of salary cap space so that is a bunch of BS.
sounds like what happened with the RB situation.
a beancounter too busy counting beans to go for the big picture.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
taco is a nice player with a second round grade.
it was reported that the team really wanted Takk.
i did not make that up.
Taco was the 19th ranked player on their board. They had 18 rated as 1st round picks. They have not said if Takk was one of the 18.

If you look at a list of the players and start counting to 17, it's easy to come up with many options that don't include Takk. Even without any QBs in the list, it's easy to come up with a list of 17 that does not included Takk.

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
Why stop there? They probably had Barnett higher than McKinley, why not trade up for him? They probably had Garrett even higher, why not trade up for him?

Why didn't we just trade our whole draft for JJ Watt?

waldoputty

Reaction score

i am all for that. though it probably would have been impossible to get garrett even we traded the entire draft and the 2018 1st round.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
But is Dallas window 6 games? I see young team who will have learning curve. Thats alot of rookie DBs back there. We should adjust our expectations this year.

I don't know Wood because I'm not sure they could do any worse then they did last year. Or for a fact, the last several years. Our secondary has really been atrocious.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or trade for the first pick in the 1987 draft, buy a DeLorean, draft Bruce Smith, then teleport him to 2017

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
According to Nick Eatman:
1. Cowboys really wanted Takk
2. Rumors were Falcons wanted to hop Dallas for a passrusher, which happened
3. Cowboys were probably aware but allowed it to happen. They settled for Taco because they did not want to give up the 3rd round pick that Atlanta gave up.

So we gave up the more explosive RDE because he had to draft more DBs.
This was because they were under pressure to draft a bunch of DBs because they were too cheap to resign at least Carr.
So for a couple Mil AAV, we had to settle for an inferior RDE candidate, even though we have cap space to spare.
More of the same bean counter at work...
Lets hope it is Spicy Taco and not Soft Taco...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...s-cowboys-related-draft-buzz-into-perspective
We know the story by now for the Dallas Cowboys, they really wanted to take Takkarist McKinley. We know that to be a fact as reported by Nick Eatman, Takk was the pick at 28. However, often times, the draft throws a few curveballs. The day of the draft, rumors were swirling that the Atlanta Falcons wanted to trade up and hop Dallas for a pass rusher. They did just that by trading with Seahawks and snatching McKinley right at 26th overall.

Last year, we wanted to trade up for Lynch, but the price was too high. Then we tried to trade up for Cook, but couldn't get a deal done and had to settle for Prescott. Sometimes these things work out for the best. We'll see on this one.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
i thought the FO said themselves that they wanted to keep the players but it was the salary cap.
only there is plenty of salary cap space so that is a bunch of BS.
sounds like what happened with the RB situation.
a beancounter too busy counting beans to go for the big picture.

You thought?