Takk > Taco or Taco > Takk

slomoxn

Reaction score
have you seen him being called a bad teammate at ucla?
For some people that doesn't matter. 1st impression is last impression, he's never met the young man, knows nothing about him but what he saw at that moment and that's all he needs to know. Let it go some people could go out and shoot someone and people would still vote for them and others can act foolish on tv and be hated forever, it's life and affects is zero, let him roll around in his hatred it's ok. The kid did make a fool of himself but I like Charlton better because of his potential and doesn't seem to high or low emotionally, that's what disturbed me about Takk.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Taco was the 19th ranked player on their board. They had 18 rated as 1st round picks. They have not said if Takk was one of the 18.

If you look at a list of the players and start counting to 17, it's easy to come up with many options that don't include Takk. Even without any QBs in the list, it's easy to come up with a list of 17 that does not included Takk.

where did your get the info on 19th rank?
since they said they really wanted Takk, one would expect that Takk was higher rank...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
i thought the FO said themselves that they wanted to keep the players but it was the salary cap.
only there is plenty of salary cap space so that is a bunch of BS.
sounds like what happened with the RB situation.
a beancounter too busy counting beans to go for the big picture.
You don't understand the nuance between between platitudes and honest commentary.

They aren't going to throw Wilcox, Church, Carr, and Claiborne under the bus and say "well, we still struggled in the secondary, couldn't force turnovers, why bring back the same crap and get the same results."

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
the report is they much preferred Takk.
i did not make that up.

the 3rd round pick become more critical when they were trying to fill multiple holes in the backfield.
drafting a RDE is hard enough.
they have to make it harder.
NO... the report is they prefer Taco and keeping their 3rd round pick over losing that 3rd round pick to prevent Atlanta from beating them to Takk. Takk isn't that much better than Taco. The FA the Cowboys lost are now getting over paid by new teams. I like how the FO let them go to get cheaper players that are still very good... I think the talent is an upgrade.

slomoxn

Reaction score
you can only have so many DBs on the field.
if we would have resigned one of the CBs, we could afford to use the 3rd round pick to make sure we got the superior RDE candidate.
It wasn't money, THEY DIDN'T WANT THEM BACK! From what I understand they figured the talent coming out and FA's they could get would be better, for several years the players they let go have been serviceable but weren't going to help them win anything. Time to shake things up.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
According to Nick Eatman:
1. Cowboys really wanted Takk
2. Rumors were Falcons wanted to hop Dallas for a passrusher, which happened
3. Cowboys were probably aware but allowed it to happen. They settled for Taco because they did not want to give up the 3rd round pick that Atlanta gave up.

So we gave up the more explosive RDE because he had to draft more DBs.
This was because they were under pressure to draft a bunch of DBs because they were too cheap to resign at least Carr.
So for a couple Mil AAV, we had to settle for an inferior RDE candidate, even though we have cap space to spare.
More of the same bean counter at work...
Lets hope it is Spicy Taco and not Soft Taco...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017...s-cowboys-related-draft-buzz-into-perspective
We know the story by now for the Dallas Cowboys, they really wanted to take Takkarist McKinley. We know that to be a fact as reported by Nick Eatman, Takk was the pick at 28. However, often times, the draft throws a few curveballs. The day of the draft, rumors were swirling that the Atlanta Falcons wanted to trade up and hop Dallas for a pass rusher. They did just that by trading with Seahawks and snatching McKinley right at 26th overall.
Trading up is a fool's errand. I'm happy we didn't. Your analysis of what happened is laughable.

waldoputty

Reaction score
NO... the report is they prefer Taco and keeping their 3rd round pick over losing that 3rd round pick to prevent Atlanta from beating them to Takk. Takk isn't that much better than Taco. The FA the Cowboys lost are now getting over paid by new teams. I like how the FO let them go to get cheaper players that are still very good... I think the talent is an upgrade.

we have plenty of cap space.
bottom line - we settled for taco
it is hard enough trying to draft a daddy - they just made it harder

waldoputty

Reaction score
It wasn't money, THEY DIDN'T WANT THEM BACK! From what I understand they figured the talent coming out and FA's they could get would be better, for several years the players they let go have been serviceable but weren't going to help them win anything. Time to shake things up.

i have read and heard in PCs that they wanted the FAs back.
just having 1 CB back would have made them less desperate.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
we have plenty of cap space.
bottom line - we settled for taco
it is hard enough trying to draft a daddy - they just made it harder
You are making it harder in your own mind. The Cowboys did just fine. We'll sort out which team is better when we get to Atlanta.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
But is Dallas window 6 games? I see young team who will have learning curve. Thats alot of rookie DBs back there. We should adjust our expectations this year.

No I think there will be too much of a learning curbe for Dallas to be a sb contender this season. But I don't want a guys missing all of camp and half the season. Defensive guys usually take longer to develop.

waldoputty

Reaction score
They said that there was some kind of reaction when Atlanta picked. How do we not know the reaction was because Atlanta did not pick our guy!

ASSUMPTIONS!

Direct quote from article:
"We know the story by now for the Dallas Cowboys, they really wanted to take Takkarist McKinley. We know that to be a fact as reported by Nick Eatman, Takk was the pick at 28. However, often times, the draft throws a few curveballs. The day of the draft, rumors were swirling that the Atlanta Falcons wanted to trade up and hop Dallas for a pass rusher. They did just that by trading with Seahawks and snatching McKinley right at 26th overall."