Talkin Cowboys or The Break?

BigD16

Reaction score
It's not her job to breakdown football x's and o's, that's Broadus' role. She's the social media person and with connections to players and she's really good in her roll.

Someone said Lindsay Draper is better? How? It always felt awkward when she was on, she didn't seem like a very nice person to deal with

And Helman is wasted on that new show. He should atleast go back to On Air, I would listen to it when he was on
That's the problem. She's just the social media person. She has no business talking about specifics about football. She barely knows anything and almost all of her takes are from Bryan Broadus.

She should just sit there and tell the guys what's going on in the social media world. Also things like conversations she's had with players are cool too. But when she starts talking about specific things in football and Interrupting the others it gets annoying. it's also embarrassing how the crew corrects her mistakes and move on very quickly as if it was nothing but yet callers get no such treatment.

She should be the one that speaks the least of everyone on that show.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I've at times been amazed that Stern knows as much as she knows. Her recall of names is what first made me think, "Wait, she's actually into this stuff." By that I mean players that aren't Cowboys, or who never were Cowboys. Then I started noticing that she clearly spends time watching both college and pro games that she doesn't actually get paid to watch. It's too bad that she isn't less attractive--it might've allowed her more first-glance credibility with some. I admit, I see a relatively pretty face, and I'm very slow to assume there's much football intelligence beneath the make-up.

I like the whole Break team. They work well together, and I especially like that they keep things pretty civil and intelligent.

I stopped even listening to the other one, mainly b/c Nate just has to talk and talk and talk, and say almost nothing of any substance in the process.

Having said that, I had a different take when they switched things up for one of the Thursday games--Nate and Mickey, as I recall, were on the show with Broaddus and Derek(?), and Nate not only seemed to contain himself a little better, but even had a couple of quality comments to offer. My first reaction was that Broaddus brought out something better, but I'm not sure why.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
The break and it's not close. Broadus and Nick and Eagleton are the best 3 on the same show.

"Let me tell you like this right here" "this is what I always like to tell people like this right here" God nate gets old quick. Not to mention Mickey sucks.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's the problem. She's just the social media person. She has no business talking about specifics about football. She barely knows anything and almost all of her takes are from Bryan Broadus.

She should just sit there and tell the guys what's going on in the social media world. Also things like conversations she's had with players are cool too. But when she starts talking about specific things in football and Interrupting the others it gets annoying. it's also embarrassing how the crew corrects her mistakes and move on very quickly as if it was nothing but yet callers get no such treatment.

She should be the one that speaks the least of everyone on that show.

Yeah man, I'm with you...women have no business talking on podcasts.

lulz

BigD16

Reaction score
Yeah man, I'm with you...women have no business talking on podcasts.

lulz
Don't put words in my mouth. I would say the same thing if she was a man. Her job description is "social media". The point is to have people on there who actually know what they are talking about. She's talking football and doesn't even know something as basic as how seeding works lulz.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Break all day. Ebenezer Mick is intolerable and lives only to find a way to criticize or condescend to fans. Love the break crew. Taylor is not a main draw but she is a good compliment and does have some good internal team insight at times. Broaddus brings more to the table then anyone on either show. I can't stand folks like Mick that are just shills for the organization.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I met Mickey once outside of the stadium a few hours before the kickoff of the 2009 playoff game against the Eagles. I was pumped up after driving 7+ hours to the game and simply said "Let's get 'em Mickey!"

He looked at me with a condescending facial expression and blurted something that I could hardly hear.

He is a grade A schmuck.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Break all day. Ebenezer Mick is intolerable and lives only to find a way to criticize or condescend to fans. Love the break crew. Taylor is not a main draw but she is a good compliment and does have some good internal team insight at times. Broaddus brings more to the table then anyone on either show. I can't stand folks like Mick that are just shills for the organization.

Agree on all points. I think if Taylor purported herself to be some football aficionado then I'd understand the annoyance with her. But I listen to the show on the regular and never have gotten that vibe from her.

_sturt_

Reaction score
One thing about The Break... a small, but consistent nuisance... is that show intro. It's like something you might expect on a college radio station. Just ridiculous.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
One thing about The Break... a small, but consistent nuisance... is that show intro. It's like something you might expect on a college radio station. Just ridiculous.

Lol, imagine being strapped to a chair and having someone put some headphones on you with that blaring on a loop.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Lol, imagine being strapped to a chair and having someone put some headphones on you with that blaring on a loop.

Even more annoying is the stripper music that I'm sure Taylor Stern hand picked. They have the same music during the Cowboys app game broadcasts during each commercial break.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What are you talking about? I know exactly what he meant and what he said. Nate always says the fans are playing Fantasy Football and he will throw around the fact that he played the game and really knows what's going on.

Nate was also getting on the callers for wanting to draft Zeke Before the draft and he thought the best way to help Romo would be to draft a Defensive Lineman. How does that look now?

Just because you played the game doesn't mean you're right about everything related to Football. I don't get upset about this stuff man. It's not that serious:grin:
Sounds like you do get upset about this stuff cause if you didn't why even mention it? Its rare we mention things for the fun of it that we don't care about in some type of way. Like I said you probably feel some type of way about the fans comments because you're one of them but I agree with him on that point. Hell I feel the same way on here too at times with all the junior scouts and retired Madden players giving out knowledge. Also I do think him or anyone else that does something professionally normally has more insight than "Joe from flower mound" Doesn't mean he is always right but that's a good trump card to have.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Derek Eagleton is a jerk and Bryan Broaddus is just annoying how he talks down to callers. Taylor Stern use to be annoying to me too but she has since gotten a bit better. Nick Eatman is the best thing going on "The Break" and without him, I'd never tune in to that show. I've listened to Talkin' Cowboys since the days when Cowboys Cheerleader Laura Beke co-hosted. IMO, it's far more entertaining and informative than "The Break". Uncle Mickey and Nate Newton do a great job of giving out knowledgeable information and Rob Phillips does a good job hosting. Also, love the new studio.
How is Derek a jerk? Dude barely says anything crazy for that to be true.