Talkin Cowboys or The Break?

Ken

Reaction score
And what does she actually contribute?
For one, no one knew that Escobar had testicular cancer until she mentioned it. Also, she interviewed Dan Mullins who gave some great insight into Dak in TC.

She has come up with a bunch of other stuff that no one else knew as well, just escaping me at the moment. She has come so far in her football knowledge in the last year that I actually think she is one of the most knowledgeable on the set.

This after thinking that she was pretty useless when she first got there is a major turn around.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Derek Eagleton is a jerk and Bryan Broaddus is just annoying how he talks down to callers. Taylor Stern use to be annoying to me too but she has since gotten a bit better. Nick Eatman is the best thing going on "The Break" and without him, I'd never tune in to that show. I've listened to Talkin' Cowboys since the days when Cowboys Cheerleader Laura Beke co-hosted. IMO, it's far more entertaining and informative than "The Break". Uncle Mickey and Nate Newton do a great job of giving out knowledgeable information and Rob Phillips does a good job hosting. Also, love the new studio.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
For one, no one knew that Escobar had testicular cancer until she mentioned it. Also, she interviewed Dan Mullins who gave some great insight into Dak in TC.

She has come up with a bunch of other stuff that no one else knew as well, just escaping me at the moment. She has come so far in her football knowledge in the last year that I actually think she is one of the most knowledgeable on the set.

This after thinking that she was pretty useless when she first got there is a major turn around.

Football knowledge? lol. Big reach.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
As another poster mentioned, she didn't even know how playoff seeding worked.

And notice when the other break guys are in a hot in depth discussion about football, detailed stuff, she always is quiet. Nothing more than..."I \was on the sideline and I talked to...." That's about it. She doesn't break anything down or contribute anything meaningful.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
And notice when the other break guys are in a hot in depth discussion about football, detailed stuff, she always is quiet. Nothing more than..."I \was on the sideline and I talked to...." That's about it. She doesn't break anything down or contribute anything meaningful.

It's not her job to breakdown football x's and o's, that's Broadus' role. She's the social media person and with connections to players and she's really good in her roll.

Someone said Lindsay Draper is better? How? It always felt awkward when she was on, she didn't seem like a very nice person to deal with

And Helman is wasted on that new show. He should atleast go back to On Air, I would listen to it when he was on

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
The Break by far because of Bryan and Nick.

I like Taylor. Compared to the woman on the shows two years ago, can't think of her name, she is leaps and bounds better.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
It's not her job to breakdown football x's and o's, that's Broadus' role. She's the social media person and with connections to players and she's really good in her roll.

Someone said Lindsay Draper is better? How? It always felt awkward when she was on, she didn't seem like a very nice person to deal with

And Helman is wasted on that new show. He should atleast go back to On Air, I would listen to it when he was on

That's right,, because she has no clue on basic football knowledge, much less football x's and o's. Wow, she's the social media person!

cej757

Reaction score
Some of y'all get emotional and hear any ole thing don't y'all? He said he didn't care about if the Eagles won or not and how he would feel regarding rooting for the Eagles. I'm not saying he didn't say what you said but you are misrepresenting what was meant by mixing up things he said to fit your narrative. You also know Nate doesn't always get his point across the greatest. Sounds like he made you upset cause you feel like a fan that don't know what they're talking about.

What are you talking about? I know exactly what he meant and what he said. Nate always says the fans are playing Fantasy Football and he will throw around the fact that he played the game and really knows what's going on.

Nate was also getting on the callers for wanting to draft Zeke Before the draft and he thought the best way to help Romo would be to draft a Defensive Lineman. How does that look now?

Just because you played the game doesn't mean you're right about everything related to Football. I don't get upset about this stuff man. It's not that serious:grin:

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
That's right,, because she has no clue on basic football knowledge, much less football x's and o's. Wow, she's the social media person!

She's learning. Week to week, she knows the match ups and what to look for (Ngata vs Martin for example). While I'm sure Bryan helped her with that initially, she is pretty knowledgeable now. She probably knows more than Nick and Derek in relation to the NCAA.

She may have never played the game so she's learning that aspect, that's all she can do at this point. She knows a hell of a lot more than hosts like Shanon Gross, Lindsay Draper and Ellis.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
I stopped listening to Talkin Cowboys this year. Spags has gotten too cranky and become such a shill, that it's mostly worthless. As much as I like Nate as a player (and I suppose he's a good person), I can't stand listening to him. It very rare that the says anything of any worth, and even then it takes forever to get out, with the repetitive speaking pauses and random yelling that blows my ears out if I'm listening via earbuds. I used to listen to both podcast a few hours after they air. Good to listen to on the drive home and during lunch.

I do listen to the Break every time though. I'm a fan of Derek and Nick. Broaddus has some insights that outweigh his occasional obnoxiousness. As a personality, I don't think Broaddus is someone I'd get along with. Every time we says "I'm just sayin" or "I don't disagree" I want to punch him through the internet. For crying out loud, how hard is it to say "I agree"? It's always turned into "I don't disagree" which carries a reluctance and superiority to it. But like I mentioned, he does bring a perspective that others don't.
I think Taylor tries pretty hard to know the game. I don't really have a problem with her aside from vocal fry (which is distracting). Dave and Rob are good additions.

Vocal fry?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I like The Break the best. I am surprised at the amount of dislike for Stern. I thought maybe I was the only one. haha I don't know what it is about her but it is kind of annoying. Sometimes she can make good points but still, meh. Like a week ago she completely got a player name/stat wrong and not one person corrected her. Annoyed me. Anyways, outside her I like The Break. They all seem pretty fair and knowledgable.

I used to listen to both but recently have stopped Talkin' Cowboys. I don't mind the guys, and Nate can be funny, but sometimes he can just ramble on and on. Get to your point man and let's move on!

Sepia

Reaction score
I listen to both.

I like Nate. He's like an old, rambling uncle. I find his experience invaluable, and he has the same exuberance and homerism I love from Michael Irving.

Mickey and Bryan can both be crotchety old geezers, but they've been pretty tame the last few weeks. But I appreciate their analysis.

Nav22

Reaction score
Taylor's a fox. I support whatever platform she's on.