Talkin Cowboys or The Break?

cej757

Reaction score
Sounds like you do get upset about this stuff cause if you didn't why even mention it? Its rare we mention things for the fun of it that we don't care about in some type of way. Like I said you probably feel some type of way about the fans comments because you're one of them but I agree with him on that point. Hell I feel the same way on here too at times with all the junior scouts and retired Madden players giving out knowledge. Also I do think him or anyone else that does something professionally normally has more insight than "Joe from flower mound" Doesn't mean he is always right but that's a good trump card to have.

That's ridiculous, Just because you've played the game doesn't mean every fan is wrong or doesn't know what there talking about when having a discussion or an opinion about the game. It's not like we're talking X's and o's with him. Look what Matt Millen did with the Lions when he was in charge. Should the fans or like you said"Junior Scouts and Retired Madden Players" agree with every move he Made in the draft just because he played the game?

Nate said he didn't want the Cowboys backing in the NFC East Championship because he wanted the Lions game to mean something and I think that's just crazy. I don't care how they get in as long as it gets done. You see the injuries to Mariotta and Carr today? That's exactly why you don't want to keep prolonging this thing. Now Garrett has the option to rest guys like Tyron Smith without it hurting their playoff seeding.

Yuma Cactus

Reaction score
The Break is better. Sydney Durso was a much better panelist than Taylor as she didn't act like she knew about the intricacies of football.
And "Uncle" Derek (I think he is Dak's Uncle) has gotten irritating since Dak became the QB. Any criticism of Prescott draws an immediate excuse/retaliation from Eagleton.

Nate can be tiresome in his "I played so I know everything" act. He also was apparently a drug dealer/smuggler but didn't really know how to do that so....

Philmonroe

Reaction score
That's ridiculous, Just because you've played the game doesn't mean every fan is wrong or doesn't know what there talking about when having a discussion or an opinion about the game. It's not like we're talking X's and o's with him. Look what Matt Millen did with the Lions when he was in charge. Should the fans or like you said"Junior Scouts and Retired Madden Players" agree with every move he Made in the draft just because he played the game?

Nate said he didn't want the Cowboys backing in the NFC East Championship because he wanted the Lions game to mean something and I think that's just crazy. I don't care how they get in as long as it gets done. You see the injuries to Mariotta and Carr today? That's exactly why you don't want to keep prolonging this thing. Now Garrett has the option to rest guys like Tyron Smith without it hurting their playoff seeding.
No doo doo it don't mean every fan is wrong but you have to be very something not positive to think the comment is really about every fan. Its a general statement that usually seems to offend those it applies to. I don't think the comment refers to me so I think nothing of it. Even if it did ok he or somebody else would have me on that one no biggie. Who said they had to agree with every move? I didn't so you'd have to address whoever said that means they are always right. I said I take someone's word who's more experienced in whatever trade than a regular person more often than not. That doesn't mean people can't be wrong because nobody is perfect.

I see what Nate is saying and I see what your saying. I'm just saying I heard (the whole NFCE backing in) differently than you and it seems moreso like,you were offended by his view on it. You say you aren't and I disagree on this one so its really no need to go back and forth on this issue. I think we can both just agree to disagree on this discussion. Happy holidays fellow Boys fan.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How is Derek a jerk? Dude barely says anything crazy for that to be true.
He thinks his opinion is the only one that matters. Next time you hear someone disagree with him, make note how he disses the accuracy of what they say... kind of like what you are doing right now.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Break by far.

My only complaint is Broaddus can't stop telling us about when he got his ring fit, and when he was in the room. Plus anytime a fan calls in, Broaddus ignores the fans point and twists the caller's words to make the same comment he's been making for the past three weeks.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
He thinks his opinion is the only one that matters. Next time you hear someone disagree with him, make note how he disses the accuracy of what they say... kind of like what you are doing right now.
I don't mind people passive aggressively trying to call me a jerk. Its funny and reeks of cowardice but hey if that makes you feel better run with it. Lastly there is no kind of like anything. I said I don't really see it but hey nobody wants to be told their wrong so eh.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I listen to both but If I had to choose just one its the break hands down.......anybody listen to "On air"?......I listen to it for the comedy, was alot better with Helman but Josh Ellis and Shannon Gross are still pretty funny.....Cover 4 I watch like once a week maybe, its just ok.....

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I listen to both but If I had to choose just one its the break hands down.......anybody listen to "On air"?......I listen to it for the comedy, was alot better with Helman but Josh Ellis and Shannon Gross are still pretty funny.....Cover 4 I watch like once a week maybe, its just ok.....
I like on air too esp since they rarely have callers and its funny to me. Some don't like their style of humor but I do and apparently you do to lol

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't mind people passive aggressively trying to call me a jerk. Its funny and reeks of cowardice but hey if that makes you feel better run with it. Lastly there is no kind of like anything. I said I don't really see it but hey nobody wants to be told their wrong so eh.

I've met him, Derek in person is also kind of a Richard, if you know what I mean. You can take that for exactly what it is or be introspective about it all you want. You asked me why I think what I do about the man. If you didn't want an honest answer then don't ask for it.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I've met him, Derek in person is also kind of a Richard, if you know what I mean. You can take that for exactly what it is or be introspective about it all you want. You asked me why I think what I do about the man. If you didn't want an honest answer then don't ask for it.
Why do some of y'all like lying to yourselves online so much? Who said I didn't want a honest answer? I just said I don't really see I personally. Also thanks for doing like my friend and purposely leaving stuff out to bring up later like meeting him in person and feeling the same way. People,like you and my friend kill me with that stupid stuff.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I like on air too esp since they rarely have callers and its funny to me. Some don't like their style of humor but I do and apparently you do to lol

yea callers is my #1 complaint about the other shows, most people who call in are basically just doin it cause thats as close as theyll ever get to their "15 minutes of fame" or whatever lol....every great once in a while theres a good call with a legit question, but for the most part just seems like a waste of time to me......

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I try to tell people...

I tell people all the time man.....(3-5 second or more pause)....

I dont think anybody in here has made fun of Broaddus even though I do like him......but man I never heard someone as bad as him at finishing sentences lol.....

Philmonroe

Reaction score
yea callers is my #1 complaint about the other shows, most people who call in are basically just doin it cause thats as close as theyll ever get to their "15 minutes of fame" or whatever lol....every great once in a while theres a good call with a legit question, but for the most part just seems like a waste of time to me......
Exactly. Its either they are trying to be show famous like Ray with his unique voice, have dumb questions and or too nervous where it messes up,the flow of the show IMO. My favorite on sports talk shows in general is "long time listener, first time caller". Who cares just say what you have to say lol.

Wood

Reaction score
I think Break is definitely the superior show. Spagnola just ruins whatever show he's on. Taylor Stern is an enigma to me. I thought she did a great job of growing into her role, and then took a wrong turn recently. I'm not sure if by accident or on purpose, but she starting showing immaturity more and more frequently. And it seemed to coincide with the Cover 4 nonsense and trying to cater to a certain group. I think she needs to separate things between the two shows or just stick to one of them.

ok good I am not only one seeing this. Do you think maybe Taylor has tired of show? Its good platform to get exposure and for all we know she already landed her next gig like Kelsey did. Her timing is so bad now I almost feel like she is spoofing the show.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why do some of y'all like lying to yourselves online so much? Who said I didn't want a honest answer? I just said I don't really see I personally. Also thanks for doing like my friend and purposely leaving stuff out to bring up later like meeting him in person and feeling the same way. People,like you and my friend kill me with that stupid stuff.
Are you lonely on Christmas eve and need attention? You've now made this about you. You're so vain.