Tampa or Dallas: Who has a better chance at Super Bowl?

Verdict

Reaction score
This is true, but if Tom wanted to stay, he could have. It could have easily been Belichick gone instead and earlier in the Off Season, it actually looked like that's what was going to happen.

The Hoodie is WAY more valuable than Tom Brady especially at this point in time.

Verdict

Reaction score
Belichick is the HC but he's not the guy who would have made the decision on Brady. To me, that's Kraft all day.

So yes, I agree with you on Belichick but I just don't think that he had the final call on that.

I don’t think The Hoodie had the final call. But I do think he worked on Brady’s ego and caused him to leave.

Verdict

Reaction score
Your last section is posting out of hopes again. Pretty sure Dak's not going to "overplay" his hand any more than the week's-old status quo at this point between today and tomorrow. Dak has even more leverage than Zeke did so things are going to go down in ways that will ruffle the feathers of the money-deniers. Then Dak, who was the hero during Zeke's negotiations, will become hated just like Zeke even though he "waited his turn" like those fans trumped about him then. Lol.
Every once in a great while....the Cowboys will surprise us with a little bit of brilliance. I’m not anti Dak. Remember that as you read my posts.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Neither has a chance at the SB this season because neither has the D to do that. I would put both of them equal in terms of getting in the playoffs as a wild card..
I think TB has the edge because brady knows what it takes to get to
and win a SB. His leadership could be the difference. If he can play good it will motivate the other players.
Both teams should make the playoffs, as div champs or WC.
TB they have a seasoned coach with a proven scheme and now have a TE and QB Duo to go with that insane WR core ..not by a lot but they made this move to go to the sb this or next season and will add more before game 1..they put their chips all in and the cowboys are calling bluff with Dak..
That is how I see it too lol.
If brady can play the whole season, and gets off to a good start, they could surprise many people.
They are banking on a older QB, but I think Tom will be super motivated this season and it will rub
off on his team mates.
I never cared for TBay, but will be watching their games early on to see how it goes.

Adreme

Reaction score
So the Cowboys could have a better chance at a Super Bowl if they instead had a player who people saw was only a shell of himself the last time he played?

Also, just to hammer home the point, which player I am talking about is something that you cannot say for sure because it applies equally to both of them. Time does not make older players better (unless you are James Harrison).

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Yes.. Brady, like all NFL players and coaches, are ego driven.

He left New England to scratch his ego and prove he could win in a different environment.

If Dallas were available there is no doubt Brady would’ve signed here over Tampa because there is no place better to scratch your ego then Dallas.

Look at how guys like Romo and Witten are treated without winning anything.

If Brady comes here and wins a Super Bowl with the Cowboy brand it would be huge for him..

Just being with Dallas and having a Dallas jersey would be huge sells for a guy like him.

Dallas can protect him better then Tampa, we have Zeke, and we have 2 talented WRs.

There was no chance Brady would play for Dallas. He has stated his most hated team is Dallas (he grew up a 49ers fan.)

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dallas has an opportunity to drastically improve the teams chances at winning a championship over the next 2 years but instead they decided to go down the path that leads to mediocrity.

We could’ve dumped Dak’s stupid deal that he wants... Added Tom Brady with Gronk coming with him.

Think of how much better we would be if we had those 2 on the roster.

Think of how much more entertaining Sunday’s would be vs watching our QB try his best to not lose a game against any team that isn’t horrible.

Brady, Gronk, and Zeke on the same team? That would be lethal.

I do not get why this team is so scared to make moves like this.

They are the king of the smart decision.. Well let’s see how well the Bucs do over the next 2 years vs Dallas and their smart moves.

Now go draft Tua.. Stop being scared.. Dump that horrible anchor of a contract that Dak wants and get a prolific young QB in here that is cheap.

Take some risks please.
Lol. So let me get this straight. You’d prefer we let go of Dak who has never missed a game for a 45 year old quarterback with no arm who has only played in one system his whole pro career. And on top of that a tight end a year removed from the game who has a multitude of past injury issues ? I think I can speak for many on this board when I say. This post is a giant facepalm moment.

blueblood70

Reaction score
and win a SB. His leadership could be the difference. If he can play good it will motivate the other players.
If brady can play the whole season, and gets off to a good start, they could surprise many people.
They are banking on a older QB, but I think Tom will be super motivated this season and it will rub
off on his team mates.
I never cared for TBay, but will be watching their games early on to see how it goes.
you they pulled a Denver who went after PM and got their ring..

JMech

Reaction score
Dallas has an opportunity to drastically improve the teams chances at winning a championship over the next 2 years but instead they decided to go down the path that leads to mediocrity.

We could’ve dumped Dak’s stupid deal that he wants... Added Tom Brady with Gronk coming with him.

Think of how much better we would be if we had those 2 on the roster.

Think of how much more entertaining Sunday’s would be vs watching our QB try his best to not lose a game against any team that isn’t horrible.

Brady, Gronk, and Zeke on the same team? That would be lethal.

I do not get why this team is so scared to make moves like this.

They are the king of the smart decision.. Well let’s see how well the Bucs do over the next 2 years vs Dallas and their smart moves.

Now go draft Tua.. Stop being scared.. Dump that horrible anchor of a contract that Dak wants and get a prolific young QB in here that is cheap.

Take some risks please.

I know......bring back Roger Staubach to be back up QB and Dorsett as backup RB. What a lineup!

kskboys

Reaction score
off on his team mates.
knew

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Usually, when our FO takes chances, we seem to end up regretting what they decide. I'm actually inclined to believe this year is one that puts us at a real disadvantage in terms of finding instant gratification. We have divested ourselves of the old team leaders and placed a new staff in command. That, in itself, is something very positive to celebrate, imho. I'll be looking forward to this team's future with great interest and renewed hope.

Yet, it's always a period of serious revisions and adjustments when such change occurs. I think 2021 and beyond might be our best bet to find a return to glory. Instant gratification isn't likely to be a by product of such change. Let's see what our long term future holds in that regard. Heartfelt congratulations to Tampa Bay, in the meantime! I'm still looking forward to seeing what our new regime can do. I think that bodes well for our future. ;)

Last edited: