Twitter: Tank looking for that Money

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Not a big fan of him flashing the devil horns, not family-friendly... He's a good player, plays with heart... his off-the-field stuff could get tiresome...

Thought it was an H for hotboyzz

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Wish people would think about the consequences of flashing the devil horns... it's not some innocent thing... the man upstairs is watching everything you do...it was a big turn off this year seeing the whole defensive team doing that...

RoboQB

Reaction score
Not a big fan of him flashing the devil horns, not family-friendly... He's a good player, plays with heart... his off-the-field stuff could get tiresome...

I read 6 pages hoping to find out this was a joke. Since it appears not to be I thought I'd jump in here
and try to educate you on the "devil horns". They have nothing to do with religion, not really, so this
shouldn't be a rule violation.

You can thank Ronnie James Dio for the hand gesture. When Ronnie was a young boy, his grandmother
would point the "horns" at him and his siblings whenever they would get out of line. She'd yell something
in Italian and point. They would straighten up and act right.

Dio grew up (barely, he was only 5'-1") and became a heavy metal singer. He took his grandmother's
gesture and made it the signal of Heavy Metal. True story.

Dio died of stomach cancer seveal years ago. He was considered one of the nicest rock stars in the business.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
The more he gets the less players we can keep

it is only business
that's why in the modern free agency nfl you cant build a team and be good for more than four of five years unless u are the pats otherwise when u get your chance in the playoffs u need to take advantage dallas has not they have blown three opportunities its sad really

Reaction score
Of course he is. He's made like $5 million so far in his career, and he's about to make quadruple that per season for a while.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
I got it

Give him 5m base and 1m a sack

Aren't you the "capologist" that didn't even know the team had an option on Hurns for this season??? :laugh:

And if defensive ends are judged entirely on sacks alone, that would mean Charles Haley wasn't worth much. You know, except for being one of the main reasons we won those championships and all ...:rolleyes:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Aren't you the "capologist" that didn't even know the team had an option on Hurns for this season???

And if defensive ends are judged entirely on sacks alone, that would mean Charles Haley wasn't worth much. You know, except for being one of the main reasons we won those championships and all ...
You think I have access to their actual contracts..... get a life chachi

Everyone knew he had a second year on his deal..... no one knew it was specifically an option that had to be picked up.... that wasn't reported anywhere but the difference is negligible with no guaranteed money left

But I am glad to know you are the type to get your rocks off trying to catch someone smarter than you in a tiny mistake

Last edited:

uvaballa

Reaction score
Its time for the Cowboys to pay up or let him walk. He played under the tag without sitting out. Now he deserves to be paid for his play.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I was taught by a dead person.

A dead person taught you how to sign?... lol.

Maybe both mean the same for the deaf but, for the rest of us, when the thumb is out,
it means "I love you". The horns is rock-n-roll and all things that scare out of touch parents.

Edit: I just looked up "deaf sign for love" and it is with the thumb out. No mention of the other.
I think the deaf person was pulling your leg.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
For the sake of negotiations, the public posture of Lawrence MUST BE that he wants top dollar. If he's willing to give the Cowboys a hometown discount, that is something he has to wait to reveal behind closed doors, during the negotiations. You NEVER start negotiations by revealing the lowest amount you are willing to take. That's just dumb.

Cowboys fans need to be patient, and wait for this situation to work itself out. Lawrence can ALWAYS come down on his price. But he'll never be able to go up. So he MUST start high. The Cowboys know this, and in the same manner, they will start low. Hopefully, they work toward a compromise that both parties can live with.

As for me, at this point, I'm way over worrying about the funny-money realities of salary CAP management. Most fans, and nearly all sportswriters are math-challenged, and don't understand the implications of contracts anyway. So, I'm not particularly worried about whether the Cowboys can "afford" to keep Lawrence. If Lawrence truly wants top dollar, then he can likely get paid more in California. But after taxes, and the higher cost of living, it may still suit him better to stay in Dallas - especially when you factor in the stress of moving to another town and team.

We'll find out over the next month. I think I can reasonably predict that Lawrence will be under contract to some team in the next 3-4 weeks.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The tag is what for DEs, around $20 million this year?

Bottom line is that Tank is going to get paid, either in Dallas or somewhere else.