Tanking sentiment on the board

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
baby-with-milk-bottle1_imgkid-1132x509.jpg
Damn, that's spooky. Replace that bottle with a Martini glass and we could be twins.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I've never rooted to tank until right about now. But I remember the years between Aikman and Romo and am not in the mood for it again. What we are right now are the Buffalo Bills post Jim Kelly. I'm hoping they throw Mike White in there right now. No matter what happens it's a win win.

I still think we're not that far away from being very, very good.

But QB is a huge problem and so is HC. So maybe we are very, very far away from being good after all.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Watched the game again. The difference was that Watson had Hopkins and guys that make plays. Dak had no play makers. In fact, the passes were bouncing off their hands and into the hands of Dbacks.

And then of course Zeke was nowhere to speak of. The great Zeke couldn't even get a yard on 3rd and 1 in overtime and then wasn't trusted to get another shot on 4th and 1.

And then there is the horrid Garrett.

I see the same thing. A budding all pro caliber QB that makes outstanding throws with touch and precision. Bumbling fools all around him from the coaches to the receivers. Admittedly, I consumed about three bottles of Johnny Walker Blue before re-watching? How about you?

mmohican29

Reaction score
We need to rebuild. But in today’s watered-down NFL it can happen quickly under the right leadership. Look at the Rams.

We're almost rebuilt to be truthful

The problem is the missing pieces are the most important ones there are. And the ones we don't need to rebuild at are weathering rapidly. (LT, C)

HC
QB
WR1
S

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I see the same thing. A budding all pro caliber QB that makes outstanding throws with touch and precision. Bumbling fools all around him from the coaches to the receivers. Admittedly, I consumed about three bottles of Johnny Walker Blue before re-watching? How about you?

Dak will never be a 10. If Romo was a 8.5 then Dak can be a 7.5. That's the way I see it.

Neither QB was good enough to overcome the rest of the team and the coaching.

This team needs better Oline play and better pass catchers. I would also not pass up any great looking young QB's.

waldoputty

Reaction score
We're almost rebuilt to be truthful

The problem is the missing pieces are the most important ones there are. And the ones we don't need to rebuild at are weathering rapidly. (LT, C)

HC
QB
WR1
S

tfred may be ok after all
i still think williams may belong at lt long term
wr1 may be gettable
s can be drafted later than mid-1st
the tough one is qb - and the reason to tank
especially if we can get pick #1 instead of pick #6

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
i dont think i have ever seen this level of agreement to tank (or let garrett screw up) the rest of the season.

i think most of us, including moi, r finally in agreement that dak is not the answer and need the high draft pick for the qb...
This is early even for you. :lmao:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I would never root to tank a season.

But I also am not stupid enough to not understand that if we did "tank" it might actually be good long term for the franchise.

While the odds are against us for the playoffs right now, we are probably a few weeks away from having the discussion of whether it would be better to start losing a crap ton of games yet.

I think it’s going to take care of itself regardless.