Tanking sentiment on the board

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’d rather never win another NFL game than “Tank”.
If the QB, coaching, and many players are that bad, we don’t need to tank...we will lose plenty of games, but while I never resort to name-calling, I will here. Anyone who would agree with tanking, other than as frustrated hyperbole, is a loser himself/herself. Quitting is the coward’s way, and and always will be.

You don’t have to quit and lose games intentionally to fire the coaches and hire new ones or to sign or draft a better QB.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
i think sydla means that he knows gonging is the right thing to do, but he wants someone else to do the gonging
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
BAWAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
then I reckon yer' the Wong With the gong,,,huh?

LMAO:lmao:

Least ways till the Chin dragon clan shows up to contest the rightful ownership of the GONG! wresting it away from the comforts of yer' WONG casing-liner, huh?o_O

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

waldoputty

Reaction score
I’d rather never win another NFL game than “Tank”.
If the QB, coaching, and many players are that bad, we don’t need to tank...we will lose plenty of games, but while I never resort to name-calling, I will here. Anyone who would agree with tanking, other than as frustrated hyperbole, is a loser himself/herself. Quitting is the coward’s way, and and always will be.

You don’t have to quit and lose games intentionally to fire the coaches and hire new ones or to sign or draft a better QB.

what u may call loser, some of us call higher intelligence

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i dont think i have ever seen this level of agreement to tank (or let garrett screw up) the rest of the season.

i think most of us, including moi, r finally in agreement that dak is not the answer and need the high draft pick for the qb...
I am firmly against purposely losing for any reason. If we're bad enough to earn a top pick on our own, so be it. If not go and sign a FA QB. A rookie would need another 2 or 3 years learning curve.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
We see behind those lying eyes, every Sunday you will invest just like all of us. Eyes wide shut for this beautiful blue and silver team from Texas baby!!:thumbup:
Oh for sure. Definitely will. I meant invested as far as emotionally expending energy into hope that they can win. I used to get bummed/mad when they lost but now it's just like meh, another Dallas performance.

But yeah, you're correct in the fact that I'll always love this team and will watch them. I'm just exhausted at this point rooting for this coaching staff.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Tanking is for those who would accept losing as a strategy for maybe(?) possibly(?) winning in the future.

No thanks.

An NFL team should never Tank on purpose, IMO. But with that said, we fans can see a dead end season, thinking we need a new Quarterback, and feel disappointed at making 5-11 because it seems 4-12 is what you have to hit, usually, to get a chance at a good quarterback. Same with 8-8 :) some of our 8-8 teams seemed to be a lot worse than 8-8 but overachieved and ended up getting a draft pick that didn't help us.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Only tank if you want attendance to drop so low that you can move the team to Miami. Be careful, though. If the players catch wind of it they just might go out and win the whole F’ing thing for spite.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Isn't Romo a FA? Hmmmmmm lol!!

when they asked him if he would go back for 60m, his sort of answer was top qbs only get better but the reason they leave the game is their body. he went into more detail and said that the loss in velocity is more than compensated by the knowledge in the game

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
i dont think i have ever seen this level of agreement to tank (or let garrett screw up) the rest of the season.

i think most of us, including moi, r finally in agreement that dak is not the answer and need the high draft pick for the qb...
Yes, Dak can be included in the long line of QBs after Aikman who were not the answer. Search continues.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
It's obvious we're not a good team. However, the NFC East has been so bad that we still are in contention despite our 2-3 record. Our schedule only gets tougher from here and it'll be hard to see how we even win 8 games. If we can somehow beat the Jags to become 3-3, then we could still have a shot at the playoffs. Being 2-4 after next week would make it very tough. Despite the Eagles being 2-3, they lost some close games to really good teams. They're gonna bounce back and likely run away with the division. I just don't think it's our year. If we're 2-4 after next week, we should start planning for the future.