Tanks seeks 22.5, Cowboys offer 20

Hadenough

Reaction score
When is Jerry going step forward and tell the media how he feels disrespected by Lawrence not taking the 20 mil offer!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So then why would some hypothetical team want to trade those picks for a chance to sign a DE that needs surgery to potentially league leading contract?

Because DLaw is quite well developed, despite his injuries. Teams like the Raiders and the Colts have a load of cap space. Yes, the surgery is going to be a bit of a sticky wicket, which is why I don't see us getting a 1st for him. However, the Raiders have a load of picks, and I could see us getting a 2nd for him from them. Yes, he might need surgery, but they've got 3 1st round picks and a load of cap space. They'd be the best team to make the move with imo.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
I’m going to be sick if we even give him 20 a year long term, let alone 22.

What a dumb move. I bet we fold and do it.

Play hard ball, which makes the player push of surgery, which wastest critical healing time, only to change your mind and fold after a bunch of crucial time has passed.

Our FO is ran like ****

fansince68

Reaction score
So I guess, based on this one game, you're not re-signing Smith, LVE, and the rest of the defense because they all got burned.

So did you coaches. Better let Richard walk too.
The difference? Tank is negotiating with a shoulder that needs surgery. Not very smart. That's like buying a car and paying TOP dollar for it despite it having a bent axle.

Rayman70

Reaction score
not hate on my end. Just practicality. Whats best for the team,the player and the game. Strictly business.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
can he be traded if he isn't under contract? Just a question because if he can be traded I'm like see ya you aint what you think you are
No. I think he has to sign the tag.
Man,fellers,,, I thought I'd came across a post yesterday saying something about how they could trade him but the team he's been traded to would carry the tagged amount or something or other(1 year rental) obviously being exorbitantly cost prohibitive

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
If they don't get this done, my gut is Tank will hold out, get his surgery right before the season, miss six weeks, make $20 million, and get ready for free agency again.
Yeppers, that's exactly the type of player, with the dubious characteristics of a conniving vindictive self-serving mindset I'm gonna drop a double Wadsworth of cash to play on my team,,,NOT HARDLY

*I'd relay to his agent(today) that alternative options are rapidly becoming more viable as every day passes ,his medical condition remains unaddressed

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
It would be funny for the cowboys to backwards negotiate like on movies. You dont want 20 mil. How about 18 mil

fishspill

Reaction score
Very well could be. Not thrilled with agent coming back demanding 22. Cowboys went up on their offer only to get a higher counter offer. At this stage may be willing to say you have until Monday to accept the 20 mill or we take it off the table.
From how I’ve heard it, DLaw said don’t tag me (as you told me you wouldn’t) and before the tag deadline he was agreeable to $20 million per (guaranteed I don’t know). Then he got tagged cutting him off from FA. Once he was kept from FA by their move and unable to see what his market was the team suddenly thought $20 million was fine now. It’s logical he’d assume the team thought it would be higher than the $20 million if he made FA or they would have kept their offer lower. So if I get cut off from seeing my number in the market, and I was told one thing and had another done to me (tag) as far as I saw it, and I see Flowers (a much worse player in my mind) get $58 million guaranteed, then I’m reassessing my number to the organization and coming back at a higher number. Also the shoulder is his only leverage for getting something done now so he doesn’t miss time. If the Cowboys can’t see how their dealings in this can be construed by the player as less than honest and the player now feels like he’s got to play hardball to be fair to himself and his people, they are fools. I have no problem with how DLaw is responding to the organization’s moves.

heir

Reaction score
There has to be something else about the negotiations that we don't know .to haggle Iver 2.5 million is laughable. The Jones can make that cap room with the swipe of a pen to another contract. I will wait to get more details.