Tavon Austin is Ridiculous

GenoT

Reaction score
I don't know if he'll do anything significant with the Cowboys but he has ridiculous talent.

Nothing like a cherry-picked YouTube highlight reel to get some fans in a frothing tizzy.

If Tavon Austin was really all that and a bag of chips, why the heck did the Rams let him go for a flippin’ 6th-rd pick, lol??!?

Lucky Switzer 2.0

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There was a thread or a post that debunked those fumbles.

no. there may be a thread talking about austin. But his poor production catching and fumbling issues actually happened. He did run ok without fumbling.

cern

Reaction score
my interest was clearly piqued by the video. hope the new offensive scheme will take advantage of his talents.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing like a cherry-picked YouTube highlight reel to get some fans in a frothing tizzy.

If Tavon Austin was really all that and a bag of chips, why the heck did the Rams let him go for a flippin’ 6th-rd pick, lol??!?

Lucky Switzer 2.0

For the same reason why everyone thought Foles was a loser QB and wondered why the Eagles brought him back after getting rid of him.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no. there may be a thread talking about austin. But his poor production catching and fumbling issues actually happened. He did run ok without fumbling.

Uh, yes there was. Yes he had fumbles. but not like many make it out to be.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
he might be the best gadget player in the league. But he's still a gadget player. He'll never be a Desean Jackson clone who can break that barrier between gadget and elite receiver, nor will he ever be a great back.

...Desean's elite?

garyv

Reaction score
he might be the best gadget player in the league. But he's still a gadget player. He'll never be a Desean Jackson clone who can break that barrier between gadget and elite receiver, nor will he ever be a great back.

I'm sorta laughing a little because he doesn't have to be just a gadget player he just needs to not fumble in honesty
Tavon Austin has tons of more talent than DeSean Jackson which in my opinion is closer to bust material than famine.

GenoT

Reaction score
For the same reason why everyone thought Foles was a loser QB and wondered why the Eagles brought him back after getting rid of him.
I never thought Foles was a loser; that moron Chip Kelly simply didn’t like him and traded him to the Rams.

The only reason NF ever returned to Philly was because the owner over there had a Jones/Romo-sized man-crush on him.

Check Austin’s stats from last season; no scores whatsoever while barely playing on a playoff team.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm sorta laughing a little because he doesn't have to be just a gadget player he just needs to not fumble in honesty
Tavon Austin has tons of more talent than DeSean Jackson which in my opinion is closer to bust material than famine.

His issue is muffing punts not getting hit and coughing up the ball. He didn't lose many of the muffs and it is an issue much easier to fix unless he has the yips which I doubt.

jday

Reaction score
I don't know if he'll do anything significant with the Cowboys but he has ridiculous talent.

The Triple Read Option with Dak, Zeke, and Austin could be a revelation for this offense. Add in the occasional RPO to keep the DB's and Safeties honest and I could see this offense giving the opposition alot of problems.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I really like the Austin move for where the pick was. One, I like him for his speed alone. If he and Thompson both make the team, that alone gives the WR group something we haven’t had in a while.

I also like that he presents a wrinkle other teams will need to prepare for. He’s capable of a big play now and then, and with our OL and teams keying on Elliott and Beasley, and with a mobile QB, he’s another threat.

He won’t put up stupid numbers, but for a 6th round pick, he’s a good value. If you don’t like him, you have an inflated idea about the worth of a sixth round pick.

Yes Sir, we have a winner here...and real speed not located in a single player. With the number of drops this past season...speed will help, no matter the percentages involved. Teams will be flat footed if in the box, as something drives deep...I really like that picture.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Triple Read Option with Dak, Zeke, and Austin could be a revelation for this offense. Add in the occasional RPO to keep the DB's and Safeties honest and I could see this offense giving the opposition alot of problems.

Dak on the outside should frighten a linebacker...and this line should be able to protect long enough to give Dak options now.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Seems possible.

The Rams were a disaster under Jeff Fisher.

Austin missed the 1 preseason with McVay which is the primary time players learn a new scheme.

The Cowboys investment in him is minimal. Even if he just remains a gadget player it's still worth it. I think he has a chance to be more than that but if not it's OK.

His success seems tied to his mental makeup. He obviously has the physical ability. The pressure of being a top 10 pick is gone now. Being in Dallas should be fun for him.

This player could be as dynamic as a certain tight end was, during the Dynasty. We'll have to wait to see how much...

blueblood70

Reaction score
at the very least this shows hes every bit as good but possibly better than switzer and that who he is replacing..