Taylor says Zeke at 4

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did I read some of you would take Revis>>AP??

Did we not watch our 2014 season when we had an elite run game and shouldve made the NFC Championship game when our corners were Brandon Carr, Orlando Scandrick and Sterling Moore :huh:

Let us have started Randle all season and Revis was our corner. We wouldnt have sniffed the playoffs:facepalm:

Exactly right.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Did I read some of you would take Revis>>AP??

Did we not watch our 2014 season when we had an elite run game and shouldve made the NFC Championship game when our corners were Brandon Carr, Orlando Scandrick and Sterling Moore :huh:

Let us have started Randle all season and Revis was our corner. We wouldnt have sniffed the playoffs:facepalm:

Romo was healthy so we would've easily made the playoffs with Randle as our RB.

We lost against the Cardinals that year with Romo out. It's all about Romo. Demarco Murray did not matter. He's not a special runner.

I'll take AP over Revis yes but that's because AP might be the best RB of all time.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
JJT suggesting the Cowboys take Elliott at 4. Thank god he's not the GM he berates all the time. Even Jerry knows he can trade back and get him plus picks.

JJT is
1. An idiot.
2. An OSU alum.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

We lost against the Cardinals that year with Romo out. It's all about Romo. Demarco Murray did not matter. He's not a special runner.

I'll take AP over Revis yes but that's because AP might be the best RB of all time.

Revis has won a Super Bowl ring, AD has not.

Give me Revis.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

I agree that Murray isnt a special runner, but he was OPOY and had the best rushing season in franchise history that year.

Bottom line, we've went the route of selecting a cb in the top 5 multiple times, and not much to show for it.
Zeke to me is the only player in this draft that makes us immediately better.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree that Murray isnt a special runner, but he was OPOY and had the best rushing season in franchise history that year.

Bottom line, we've went the route of selecting a cb in the top 5 multiple times, and not much to show for it.
Zeke to me is the only player in this draft that makes us immediately better.

We're so bad defensively I don't know how you can say that.

It's all about Romo.

Dallas looked poised for a huge season after smacking up Philly and then Romo snapped his shoulder and the season was over then.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
CBs don't take quality WR's out of the game. You just think they do. You see the WR being a non factor and simplistically think it's the CB. The only shutdown CB I've ever seen in my life was Deion Sanders.

Any decent QB who is allowed time in the pocket will make plays to any WR against any CB. The CB can win here and there but not consistently enough to stop teams from putting up points. They are not impact players. They do not make their teammates better.

Adrian Peterson? He's an impact player.

Peterson over Revis all day.

Really...check Dez's stats against Peterson or Revis?
You recall the Jets game a few years back when Dez was killing the Jets in the first half? They made an adjustment and put him on Revis island.....game over. Bryant was effectively eliminated from the game.

How about Pats/Seahawks Super Bowl....Chris Matthews killed the Pats first half, they switch out for Browner and he is a non-factor second half allowing for the Pats comeback.

What did Dez do against Norman this year?

Give me a top corner who will play twelve years in the league over a running back in a passing league who might give you five good ones any day....ALL DAY.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Denver won because of its pass rush. Did you not see Von Miller and Ware constantly put pressure on Cam all game? How impactful was Josh Norman in helping the panthers win??

Yes the Patriots won with a poor run game, but didnt Seattle have the so called best secondary in the league? How did that help them when Brady went up and down the field all 4th Quarter?

Bottom line is, if you put those corners on this team, we are no better if we dont improve the pass rush.

So you ignore the fact the Pats had no running game? Same goes for the Broncos?

Talib, Revis, Harris, Sherman are good corners no matter who is playing in front of them, but yes I agree you need a pass rush AND great secondary play to be an effective defense in the current NFL.

What did the Rams offense do overall with the great Todd Gurley running the ball?

Where did the Vikings rank?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You recall the Jets game a few years back when Dez was killing the Jets in the first half? They made an adjustment and put him on Revis island.....game over. Bryant was effectively eliminated from the game.

How about Pats/Seahawks Super Bowl....Chris Matthews killed the Pats first half, they switch out for Browner and he is a non-factor second half allowing for the Pats comeback.

Give me a top corner who will play twelve years in the league over a running back in a passing league who might give you five good ones any day....ALL DAY.

Then we just disagree.. I think they're meaningless without the front seven. I'd trade you two of any for one impact DL and I certainly would take the best RB in the game too.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Denver won because of its pass rush. Did you not see Von Miller and Ware constantly put pressure on Cam all game? How impactful was Josh Norman in helping the panthers win??

Yes the Patriots won with a poor run game, but didnt Seattle have the so called best secondary in the league? How did that help them when Brady went up and down the field all 4th Quarter?

Bottom line is, if you put those corners on this team, we are no better if we dont improve the pass rush.

The issue is they see the CB. It's easy for them. WR can't make catch, CB good. They lack the real football IQ to see what led to all that.

If your plan is to out corner people on defense you will never have a great defense.

I would honestly see the 4th pick being used on a cornerback as the Cowboys essentially forfeiting the pick. It would be that worthless to our future.

I said it with Newman, was told I was wrong, and I was right. He changed and impacted nothing. I said it with Claiborne, was told I was wrong and I was right. I'm saying it again with Ramsey and these same people that have been wrong twice will be wrong a third time. Only by the time I'm proven right they'll be busy coveting doing it a 4th time with the next prospect.

It's a sickness.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
We shouldve still won that game if Romo didnt choke in the 4th. Look at Wittens stats that game. Also Dez wasnt Dez back then

How about Pats/Seahawks Super Bowl....Chris Matthews killed the Pats first half, they switch out for Browner and he is a non-factor second half allowing for the Pats comeback
Browner was the worst corner in the league last year and right now is unemployed. Did he just forget how to play in one offseason, or did he benefit from NE system and pass rush?
Romo was not right at all in that game

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
We shouldve still won that game if Romo didnt choke in the 4th. Look at Wittens stats that game. Also Dez wasnt Dez back then

Browner was the worst corner in the league last year and right now is unemployed. Did he just forget how to play in one offseason, or did he benefit from NE system and pass rush?

Romo was not right at all in that game

Lots of excuses there, and still l not addressing how putrid New England's running game was (3.9yds per game).

Btw-I will let "three yard out" Witten catch all the balls he wants as long as it keeps it out of Dez's hands. Romo tried to force one into Dez and it got picked off-by Revis.

I like Elliott, but no way do I ever take a top running back over a top corner if they grade out closely and by the way the NFL agrees, compare how many corners are taken in the first round compared to rb's over the last decade.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Then we just disagree.. I think they're meaningless without the front seven. I'd trade you two of any for one impact DL and I certainly would take the best RB in the game too.

I agree on dline, it trumps all except for QB in my book, but I take Deion all day over Barry Sanders...all day.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Lots of excuses there, and still l not addressing how putrid New England's running game was (3.9yds per game).

Btw-I will let "three yard out" Witten catch all the balls he wants as long as it keeps it out of Dez's hands. Romo tried to force one into Dez and it got picked off-by Revis.

I like Elliott, but no way do I ever take a top running back over a top corner if they grade out closely and by the way the NFL agrees, compare how many corners are taken in the first round compared to rb's over the last decade.

No excuses, its what happened. You have been provided several examples of corners not making as much an impact as an elite RB.

Didnt AP's team make the playoffs this year?

Did Revis' team make the playoffs this year?

How did all those investments the Jets made to their secondary pay off this season?

Give me an AP over a Revis or Sherman any day.

Give me a Gurley over a Marcus Peters any day.

Give me a Zeke Elliot over a Jalen Ramsey any day.

Dwight

Reaction score
I would honestly see the 4th pick being used on a cornerback as the Cowboys essentially forfeiting the pick. It would be that worthless to our future.

I said it with Newman, was told I was wrong, and I was right. He changed and impacted nothing. I said it with Claiborne, was told I was wrong and I was right. I'm saying it again with Ramsey and these same people that have been wrong twice will be wrong a third time. Only by the time I'm proven right they'll be busy coveting doing it a 4th time with the next prospect.

It's a sickness.

If Ramsey is selected by Dallas it will set the team back for years in my opinion. I can't digest how any fan on this team would want Ramsey knowing that our team has failed at drafting a CB with the factual information you provided above.

Also, I would take AP over Revis any day.

CWR

Reaction score
Keep playing in the 90's, I'll throw it 40 times and beat you by twenty.

The point is you won't be on the field enough to do that because I'll be busy cramming the ball down your throat circa 2014. It wasn't the dbs looking good it was the running back keeping the defense off the field.

Gaede

Reaction score
We're so bad defensively I don't know how you can say that.

It's all about Romo.

Dallas looked poised for a huge season after smacking up Philly and then Romo snapped his shoulder and the season was over then.

It's all about Romo--and that's a problem.

We need to be able to score pts even without Romo