Team sees Mukuama as Safety

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Disaster before it gets started. Byron jones, reggie robinson now this kid just draft a freakin safety
I'll just say that I'm glad they are doing it with a 6th or 7th rounder as opposed to a 1st or 4th rounder...that's refreshing at least.
In their defense he did at least play some S in college. But then again so did DeAngelo Smith

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'll just say that I'm glad they are doing it with a 6th or 7th rounder as opposed to a 1st or 4th rounder...that's refreshing at least.
For real. But i am kind of looking forward to a kazee d wilson safety combo

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Listening to the Day 3 press conference Stephen just mentioned the team envisions starting Israel Mukuama out at safety. They believe he has the size (mentioned weight) and balls skills to play in that role.

Outside of Parsons, Mukuama may be my favorite pick on defense this draft class. That said, I'm not sure he has the sideline-to-sideline speed to play single high safety. I think he has a role in certain coverage units playing press man or in the red zone. We'll see. He's intriguing.

When you watch his cutups you see his lengthy clearly playing a role in creating turnovers. Too tired now, but will cutup some gifs later.

Xavier Woods 2, the Electric Boogaloo

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You forgetting the major reach with Wright in the 3rd.
They say it wasn't a reach. I'm not gonna be one of these guys to determine if a guy is a reach based on what BSPN or what a blogger says. I hope he works out. Never even seen him play honestly.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Listening to the Day 3 press conference Stephen just mentioned the team envisions starting Israel Mukuama out at safety. They believe he has the size (mentioned weight) and balls skills to play in that role.

Outside of Parsons, Mukuama may be my favorite pick on defense this draft class. That said, I'm not sure he has the sideline-to-sideline speed to play single high safety. I think he has a role in certain coverage units playing press man or in the red zone. We'll see. He's intriguing.

When you watch his cutups you see his lengthy clearly playing a role in creating turnovers. Too tired now, but will cutup some gifs later.

I'm OK with trying that rather than drafting safeties late who weren't considered worth a Day 1 or Day 2 pick. Mukuama obviously wasn't considered a higher pick as a corner, so maybe switching to safety will help the team get the most out of him.

btcutter

Reaction score
They say it wasn't a reach. I'm not gonna be one of these guys to determine if a guy is a reach based on what BSPN or what a blogger says. I hope he works out. Never even seen him play honestly.
It’s pretty sad that I trust Brugler more than our FO.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Add to that, the minute we drafted one CB meant Robinson was probably off the roster. Drafting 3 means someone is probably a S lol

Yeah, I think you have to try whatever you can to fix that position if you are not going to just take a free safety early.

btcutter

Reaction score
Yeah, I think you have to try whatever you can to fix that position if you are not going to just take a free safety early.
This is what really bothers me about the FO. we could have fixed the FS position for years to come just by moving up slightly to pick up TCU S instead of drafting bunch of projects! Once we have the FS now go fix rest of our needs.

gimmesix

Reaction score
This is what really bothers me about the FO. we could have fixed the FS position for years to come just by moving up slightly to pick up TCU S instead of drafting bunch of projects! Once we have the FS now go fix rest of our needs.

I think the fact that we absolutely needed a starting corner or would have had to start one of the nickel corners precluded us trading up for Moehrig. Remember that we did try to trade up in the round, but backed out of it when CB Tyson Campbell was gone.

Having Kazee for this year kept FS from being a bigger need than CB IMO. There was some depth at corner, but maybe we felt we couldn't get a surefire starter there if we didn't take either Campbell or Jenkins. From there, I don't think we valued any of the other safeties available, at least not over the players we selected.