Twitter: Teams are calling Cowboys to trade

Sydla

Reaction score
I think M. Collins, L. Collins, T. Crawford, A. Hurns and K. Frazier could all be off this team

I liked this post but I am curious about Maliek Collins not being on this team. Why?

Sydla

Reaction score
Hurns
Looney
Flemming
Rico
Taco
TCrawford(better be at least a 2nd)
Heath

Taco might net you another former high round pick failure (cough, cough, Karl Joseph). If not, you won't get more than a late round pick.

Fleming might have the most value on that list. You won't sniff a 2nd round pick for Crawford. Teams aren't rattling the cages to trade for Gerald McCoy, a much better DT than Crawford, so there's probably zero chance you could get a 2nd round pick for him.

Rico probably has no trade value at all at this point.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Taco might net you another former high round pick failure (cough, cough, Karl Joseph). If not, you won't get more than a late round pick.

Fleming might have the most value on that list. You won't sniff a 2nd round pick for Crawford. Teams aren't rattling the cages to trade for Gerald McCoy, a much better DT than Crawford, so there's probably zero chance you could get a 2nd round pick for him.

Rico probably has no trade value at all at this point.
Surprised Rico is still on the team. He will be suspended anyways.

Sydla

Reaction score
Surprised Rico is still on the team. He will be suspended anyways.

I bought into the early hype because I thought it was a worthwhile risk given his freakish skills. But here we are, three years after he was drafted and his progress is barely making a ripple. Throw in the suspension issues and he probably has little value at this point in a trade. Shoot, he might even get cut this year.

Xavier187

Reaction score
I liked this post but I am curious about Maliek Collins not being on this team. Why?

The main reason is his injurys. At some point you gotta say man you might wanna call it a career if you cant stay healthy.
If they bring in a veteran like some are thinking they will. Then the writing will be on the wall for him.

There is no questioning M. Collins ability. But you have to understand its a business and no matter how much you like a guy, if he cant stay healthy you dont wanna waste the cap money.

And the way it looks every dollar will count.
This is one of the reasons why L.Collins name has surfaced as a trade candidate.

9.9m on the books. But we can move that for a pick or another player to help our team this year then why not. We are deep at the moment but we all know how that goes one injury can turn into 3 in a matter of seconds.

Me myself
I would try and trade M. Collins with a Rico or Taco and see if I could get a Joseph or at the very least a 4th rounder.
L. Collins shoild be worth a 2nd at least and teams like Cards and Raiders would be the ideal spot. Your hoping you can make room for some UDFAs.

Honestly Hyatt, Puni, Knight, Walker, Wiestry, Wise, Guyton and Johnson could all make this team. Not saying they will but they could.

New blood and lower money.
If lets say they do all make it.
Filo, L. Collins, Crawford, Hurns, Lanoir, Frazior, Ross and maybe Looney maybe i say

glimmerman

Reaction score
I bought into the early hype because I thought it was a worthwhile risk given his freakish skills. But here we are, three years after he was drafted and his progress is barely making a ripple. Throw in the suspension issues and he probably has little value at this point in a trade. Shoot, he might even get cut this year.
Was hard to not buy into it. Given opportunities in the preseason and made some pretty good plays. But the staff don’t have the faith in him to get down his patterns and blocking assignments. Was gonna be a long developing player anyways. He very well may be cut during camp unless the light comes on in a hurry and in a big way.

Sydla

Reaction score
The main reason is his injurys. At some point you gotta say man you might wanna call it a career if you cant stay healthy.
If they bring in a veteran like some are thinking they will. Then the writing will be on the wall for him.

There is no questioning M. Collins ability. But you have to understand its a business and no matter how much you like a guy, if he cant stay healthy you dont wanna waste the cap money.

And the way it looks every dollar will count.
This is one of the reasons why L.Collins name has surfaced as a trade candidate.

9.9m on the books. But we can move that for a pick or another player to help our team this year then why not. We are deep at the moment but we all know how that goes one injury can turn into 3 in a matter of seconds.

Me myself
I would try and trade M. Collins with a Rico or Taco and see if I could get a Joseph or at the very least a 4th rounder.
L. Collins shoild be worth a 2nd at least and teams like Cards and Raiders would be the ideal spot. Your hoping you can make room for some UDFAs.

Honestly Hyatt, Puni, Knight, Walker, Wiestry, Wise, Guyton and Johnson could all make this team. Not saying they will but they could.

New blood and lower money.
If lets say they do all make it.
Filo, L. Collins, Crawford, Hurns, Lanoir, Frazior, Ross and maybe Looney maybe i say

One, L. Collins isn't worth a 2nd rounder (or better) most likely, especially with him being a FA. If you could get a 3rd, you'd be really doing well.

Two, we aren't deep enough at DT IMO to say that if we bring in a vet DT we can just throw M. Collins aside given he's cheap for a year and arguably more talented than some of our other backup options. Frankly, if we brought in McCoy, I'd put Collins at the 1T with Woods. I don't think we are particularly deep at the 1T and frankly, I am not sure Woods is a guy you should count on to continue to play well year to year to year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys appear to be deep at certain positions so why wouldn't other teams be calling to trade? There is something wrong with anyone that says otherwise. I see posters here giving the FO no credit what-so-ever for being in this position. The FO is right to be turning these offers down at this time because you never know when injuries or other circumstances will affect your depth. The Cowboys need to get through OTAs and training camp before even considering anymore trades.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The Cowboys appear to be deep at certain positions so why wouldn't other teams be calling to trade? There is something wrong with anyone that says otherwise. I see posters here giving the FO no credit what-so-ever for being in this position. The FO is right to be turning these offers down at this time because you never know when injuries or other circumstances will affect your depth. The Cowboys need to get through OTAs and training camp before even considering anymore trades.
what is wrong with these people? do tell Sigmund

LittleD

Reaction score
He has huge upside and 2 years of cheap control

We've seen him for a couple of year's now. He has little upside and no real feel for the TE position. For gosh sakes, he's
a basketball player. He can't run proper routes and he can't block. Fail!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
what is wrong with these people? do tell Sigmund
I didn't go any further than to just say "something" because I don't know exactly what is their malfunction. But clearly they shouldn't be doubting what this FO is doing if they have been observant the past few years a noted how good of a job they are doing.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We've seen him for a couple of year's now. He has

little upside and no real feel for the TE position. For gosh sakes, he's
a basketball player. He can't run proper routes and he can't block. Fail!

He's a former 6th rounder that has produced nothing to this point and only has one year left on his contract, not two.

The correct answer is he has zero tradevalue. .

We are obviously watching different teams .... DAL has coddled him and hid him for 3 years for a reason

I have seen tremendous athletic ability and a huge mismatch against LBs and Ss

Dak hasn't clicked with him but the talent leaps off the field

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You won't sniff a 2nd round pick for Crawford. Teams aren't rattling the cages to trade for Gerald McCoy, a much better DT than Crawford, so there's probably zero chance you could get a 2nd round pick for him.
TCrawford has a great contract....... 2yr/15m and 0m gtd

McCoy is due 3/39m for 7 sacks a year compared to TCrawford's 5

McCoy has the contract that everyone pretends TCrawford has and it is still not even Top 20 for DL

That is how good a deal TCrawford's contract is.... that alone is worth a 2nd Round pick and when you add in his durability and flexibility it is a no-brainer

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We are obviously watching different teams .... DAL has coddled him and hid him for 3 years for a reason

I have seen tremendous athletic ability and a huge mismatch against LBs and Ss

Dak hasn't clicked with him but the talent leaps off the field

Agreed, you are watching the wrong team.

Rico had that athletic profile in the draft and still no other team took until we did in the 6th. And his athletic profile actually isnt very impressive outside of his sheer size. Some of the worst change of direction you'll.You havent seen him as a "huge(god I hate hyperbole) mismatch against LBs and Ss". It's never happened.

But now that you see his contract is only one year and not two, it will lower his trade value from zero to ZERO.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Agreed, you are watching the wrong team.

You havent seen him as a "huge(god I hate hyperbole) mismatch against LBs and Ss". It's never happened.

But now that you see his contract is only one year and not two, it will lower his trade value from zero to ZERO.
Rico has 2 years left.... he will be a RFA next year and he is a gigantic mismatch on LBs and Ss at 6'8'' 275lb.....I hate denial of facts

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Rico has 2 years left.... he will be a RFA next year and he is a gigantic mismatch on LBs and Ss

Great, went from huge to a gigantic mismatch now lmao, despite not even being a net positive against them. What'd I say about hyperbole?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Great, went from huge to a gigantic mismatch now lmao, despite not even being a net positive against them. What'd I say about hyperbole?
Rico has 2 years left.... he will be a RFA next year and he is a gigantic mismatch on LBs and Ss at 6'8'' 275lb.....I hate denial of facts and ignorance