Tell me again why did we not sign Derrick Henry?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
If your defense is historically bad it doesn't overcome that.

The roster sucks and the entire free world knows it
A great RB keeps the defense off the field longer, allows you to score more points, and slows the game down so you don't get boat raced in the first half.

Any roster is made better by a great RB and all of football history knows that.

Flamma

Reaction score
Seriously... I don't understand WTH we were thinking :oops:.

Someone like that becomes available... WANTS to sign with us, and we say ---- Nah :facepalm::huh:
We're good with Rico and Zeke?!

AND we paid Dak $60m PER!!!
This can't be real...
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

>>> The Jones' shouldn't be allowed to make 1 more football-related decision... They are dumb as a box of rocks. FTLOG o_O
When FA opens the Jones family goes on vacation. I'm not saying this as a joke, either. They do. They do not believe in early FA at all. Henry, or anyone else in the first week isn't even a consideration. Unless it's a cheap find, they're not even looking at any of these players. They're on the yacht.

Secondly, Henry wouldn't do squat for us. Henry is dynamic once he breaks the LOS. Which he wouldn't do here in Dallas. Look at Barkley. The Giants ruined his career. The Giants had a crap OL for his entire stay. Now he's killing it. Henry would not have helped us.

shabazz

Reaction score
A great RB keeps the defense off the field longer, allows you to score more points, and slows the game down so you don't get boat raced in the first half.

Any roster is made better by a great RB and all of football history knows that.
That's true when the defense is at least competent.

This defense is HISTORICALLY bad and can't be overcome

Like I said, I would have liked for them to sign Henry but he's better off in Baltimore where they have a great roster and excellent coaching.

This place is a dumpster fire

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, the owner cries about cap space.

Rico+ Zeke =3.255mil cap hit for 2024
Henry's deal with Ravens = 5.1 cap hit for 2024

Just wild for ~1.85mil more this year, they could of had Henry. And that cap hit is based off the Ravens deal, something Dallas could of played with to drop the cap hit some more in 24. Voids, or a 3rd year added to spread the signing bonus etc

Howie Roseman would figure out a way to make it work.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Zeke doesn't belong in the NFL, and no need to be paying for him twice against the cap. Signing Zeke back even if the Henry situation didn't exist was still stupid as can be.

That works too, we could do Henry, Luepke, Dowdle, and maybe Vaughn or Davis. Either would be a significantly better running back room than what we have now.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just take Zeke out of the equation, he has no business here. They literally could’ve brought in any other RB.

What if it was Henry + Barkley + Luepke + Dowdle? Especially with how cheaply the Eagles got Barkley. Now THAT'S a running back room!!! Dak would probably only need to throw like 20-25 passes all game.

plasticman

Reaction score
Of course, shouldn't we all realize that Henry has a great advantage with the Ravens in that his quarterback probably creates the most defensive hesitancy of all NFL QB's.

If a defender didn't physically see the handoff, he can't afford to assume it happened. Henry isn't the only one back there averaging over 6 yards a carry.

The Ravens with the #1 running team, total offensive yards, and points scored.

Jackson has 26 or less pass attempts in four of his last five games. He's averaging 9 yards per passing attempts and over 6 yards per running attempt.

Henry is outright having fun. They can't key on him, not even on an obvious running plays. He gets to run behind a veteran line with a couple of Pro Bowlers.

The Titans had one O-lineman make the Pro Bowl in one of their last five seasons.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Nope, Jerry's fingers prints. Not even Stevie has any control while Jerry is Emperor. That is how it is with malignant narcissists, even family cannot tell you anything.
I don't buy that, Jerry is too old now to have that kind of grip on the organization, used to be like that in the old days when they gave Deion that contract but he has been delegating power to Stephen and Will for quiet some time now, he is still the face of the FO and probably the last word on some moves though.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Seems to be, but can you only imagine the list of candidates that can say yes to Jerry on a daily basis?
Would Bill even be capable of doing that?
I'm not trying to be condescending here I'm just trying my best to be legit here.

Ben Johnson Detroit . Plus a RB round 3 next April .

Sydla

Reaction score
Because Jerry and Stephen have become cheap as hell in FA.

It's just that simple. The data doesn't lie. The Cowboys are a bottom third team over the last decade in terms of ACTUAL CASH spent on their roster. And the reason for that is the Cowboys have basically sat our FA over that decade or so.

That's pathetic for the most valuable franchise in sports that generates more revenues/profit than anyone in sports.

CWR

Reaction score
I think he did mention he would like to play here and he has a home in Dallas. The hints were there and obvious. However it takes two to Tango and Jerry made no effort to do a deal.
I know, and it's ridiculous. Their entire approach to this "all in" off season was ridiculous.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Seriously... I don't understand WTH we were thinking :oops:.

Someone like that becomes available... WANTS to sign with us, and we say ---- Nah :facepalm::huh:
We're good with Rico and Zeke?!

AND we paid Dak $60m PER!!!
This can't be real...
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

>>> The Jones' shouldn't be allowed to make 1 more football-related decision... They are dumb as a box of rocks. FTLOG o_O
at least we are not the Browns :)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When a picker picks a rotten apple and puts it into the basket, he's to blame. But the apple is still rotten and should be sorted.

And before you ask, no it's not possible to kick out all these players now. But you could have started with not resigning the biggest not so fresh apple (not saying he's rotten) at least.
You don’t accidentally pick a rotten apple. You picked it because you didn’t think it was rotten. You’ve been picking rotten apples for 28 years. You gotta sfop blaming the apples and change the person picking them.