Tell me again why did we not sign Derrick Henry?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm with you bro... was PAINFUL to watch the Ravens tonight... D Henry steamrolled a GOOD Bucs D... lit them up for 182 yds... 169 on the ground- averaging 11 YPC.

I like Rico... good kid, he's got heart... but come on, seriously?
Derrick Henry didn't even get a look?
But you pay Dak 60M/year?
Are they intentionally blowing any chance at a Superbowl? Makes NO sense

If anything, I think Derrick Henry AND Dowdle would increase our SB chances. And even with paying Dak $60 mil, they still could probably get Derrick. It was only going to cost $6 mil.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Right you are…
But you see none of us have the vision and football acumen of JJ.
You see we got a washed up 2 time NFL rushing champ, a backup RB to our Backups and hell our secret weapon!!! Deuce Vaughn!!! Who makes all opposing defenses laugh hysterically.
Come on 3 for 1 guy that we apparently could not afford, even if he was willing to take a pay cut…
Come on… a guy that desperate is better off elsewhere.

Lol, yeah, who wouldn't want the best running back in the league for $6 mil? Only a fool would want that lol.

Big_D

Reaction score
The owner is a huge turd. And there were plenty here who didn’t want him. Said he was washed up. lol

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The owner is a huge turd. And there were plenty here who didn’t want him. Said he was washed up. lol
I will confess I did not want him and he is clearly proving me wrong. IMHO there is nothing wrong with not wanting him. It was a risk that might or might not have paid off. I wanted some youth in the form of a real draft pick. Having said the last thing in the world I wanted was fat stupid lazy Zeke.

khiladi

Reaction score
Lamar is the front-runner MVP once again this year. Henry was a piece that moved the needle for them, come playoff time.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Agreed brother and it would totally establish a physicality that we have not possessed in years.

It would also give the young guys on our offensive line some confidence with Henry running over people
Its a symbiotic relationship that takes place when you have the mutual respect both parties involved work harder.
OL take plays off when they are blocking for no reason because they have little faith in their RB.
Vice Versa and we have two major issues right there.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
It seems like every time Henry has a carry, the announcers mention this like it is new insightful thought.

Big_D

Reaction score
I will confess I did not want him and he is clearly proving me wrong. IMHO there is nothing wrong with not wanting him. It was a risk that might or might not have paid off. I wanted some youth in the form of a real draft pick. Having said the last thing in the world I wanted was fat stupid lazy Zeke.
agree with that. Even if they didn’t sign Henry, they still passed on numerous RBs in the draft and to top it off they bring Elliott back. A guy who sucked 2 years ago and wouldn’t make any other roster. And yet they still brag about his elite abilities. This front office is a true clown show!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Seriously... I don't understand WTH we were thinking :oops:.

Someone like that becomes available... WANTS to sign with us, and we say ---- Nah :facepalm::huh:
We're good with Rico and Zeke?!

AND we paid Dak $60m PER!!!
This can't be real...
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

>>> The Jones' shouldn't be allowed to make 1 more football-related decision... They are dumb as a box of rocks. FTLOG o_O
It's turning out to be as big of mistakes as not renting Foles and Brady for a season and a SB run. Jones said neither were "options" the years they were available, and then both won SBs with their new teams. It's looking like Henry is about to have an all time year and possible SB win, but Jerry would rather have a totally washed up Zeke for 2 yards per carry.

Once again, "Unique Advantages" to having Jerry as GM for life.

Last edited: