Tell me again why did we not sign Derrick Henry?

CWR

Reaction score
Because RBs are irrelevant when you have a superior OL.
Jerry thought because he invested a little draft capital in two OL rooks that we would have such a dominant OL for any RBs sitting on the couch.
Not trying to be harsh here folks but just stating that this is Jerry World, and this is where we are at as fans following this team.
I will never forget the star, been loyal my entire existence since birth, but that star is fading, and I hate it.
We tried the whole rbs are irrelevant thing when we lost Demarco. The difference between DMC and rookie Zeke was pretty obvious. Rbs actually do matter.

John813

Reaction score
Rico + Zeke > Henry.

Henry is only putting up big time stats cause he has Lamar Jackson.

/s

John813

Reaction score
Honestly, what would've been bad about Henry + Rico + Zeke + Luepke?

Well, the owner cries about cap space.

Rico+ Zeke =3.255mil cap hit for 2024
Henry's deal with Ravens = 5.1 cap hit for 2024

Just wild for ~1.85mil more this year, they could of had Henry. And that cap hit is based off the Ravens deal, something Dallas could of played with to drop the cap hit some more in 24. Voids, or a 3rd year added to spread the signing bonus etc

shabazz

Reaction score
Does it matter?

I would have liked to sign Henry;

IF we had a legit #2 receiver
IF we solved the DT fiasco
IF we signed a LB in his prime
IF we didn't have 2 rooks o-line
IF we signed another CB

Signing Henry with this current roster is like putting a bandaid on a full hemorrhage

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Does it matter?

I would have liked to sign Henry;

IF we had a legit #2 receiver
IF we solved the DT fiasco
IF we signed a LB in his prime
IF we didn't have 2 rooks o-line
IF we signed another CB
It would have made a huge difference this year just in red zone offense alone.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The entire coaching staff .
Seems to be, but can you only imagine the list of candidates that can say yes to Jerry on a daily basis?
Would Bill even be capable of doing that?
I'm not trying to be condescending here I'm just trying my best to be legit here.

Creeper

Reaction score
Aikman took a shot at the Cowboys for not signing Henry last night during the Ravens game. He said he couldn't understand why other did not take the opportunity to sign him, but it was clear he was referring to Dallas.

I was not a fan of signing Henry either. This team has bigger problems. I wanted then to sign a legitimate DT. I never expected Jerry to sign more than 1 substantial free agent, and if we could only have on player, I wanted one of the top DTs available.