Signed by Cowboys Terence Steele contract extended

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Glad for him! Awful in his rookie year, turned into an excellent run blocker and is getting better as a pass protector. Many say he is the hardest worker on the team

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Hopefully this doesn’t end up like the other contracts we pay to players off injuries…

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You still need money for other players.

You do know there is a salary cap?
I understand your concern, and share it, to a point. But I'm pretty sure the Joneses know there's a salary cap, and they aren't prone to recklessly writing contracts for players who aren't putting butts in the seats and jerseys on the fans' backs. I'm sure they've got a plan.

Gambit

Reaction score
I think Steele is a good player, without a doubt an above average starting RT. But is he top 6/7 in the NFL like this contract says? I would def argue that.

Look at the whole team, and specifically the o-line, if there’s 1 thing this front office is good at it is plugging holes with draft picks. You’re telling me they could find and develop Steele as an UDFA, but couldn’t find an above average starter in any other way? Seems a bit far fetched, especially with Richards already showing promise.
See, that's avoiding the question.

You've made a claim, now I'm asking you to support the claim, not by asking me my opinion, rather by presenting your evidence that you can easily replace Terrence Steele.

CWR

Reaction score
I think Steele is a good player, without a doubt an above average starting RT. But is he top 6/7 in the NFL like this contract says? I would def argue that.

Look at the whole team, and specifically the o-line, if there’s 1 thing this front office is good at it is plugging holes with draft picks. You’re telling me they could find and develop Steele as an UDFA, but couldn’t find an above average starter in any other way? Seems a bit far fetched, especially with Richards already showing promise.

It was Martin last year who said Steele was best run blocker on the team.

You aren't paying for his past performance but his age and ability projecting forward. Is what it is.