14.9 average
16 TDs

TWILL numbers the last two years

89 Receptions
158 Targets
1461 rec yards
16.5 Average
11 TDs

Just stats...not sure what they mean to anyone....but here they are anyway.
Not that different considering number of targets

Sydla

Reaction score
There's no chance in hell Williams would get what Hurns got from the Cowboys or any other team for that matter.

Hurns is considered a better WR at this point.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our running game works out like we think it will this year.

Dez stays healthy, Romo stays healthy, Witten stays healthy....heck let's just say the Whole offense stays healthy.

Does anyone think TWill will produce great numbers that will stand out from his prior seasons?

I could see him maybe getting a better Yards per Catch Average or maybe getting better TD numbers.

However I think the run game, Dez and Witten will be the focus of the offense.

I don't see him as an Alvin Harper.

If anyone does break out and have a good year that is unexpected (kind of like Laurent Robinson had...might be Butler or one of the other guys.

The way this offense is set up and their changing philosphy (although some of that is just FAs from other teams) I just don't see them pouring big money to pay a 2 WR as a 1WR when they have a one in Dez already.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's no chance in hell Williams would get what Hurns got from the Cowboys or any other team for that matter.

Hurns is considered a better WR at this point.

I agree up to this point, but it wouldn't shock me to see Williams' production explode this season with Tony back and Elliott a consideration for defenses and heading into his contract year. Either he or Butler is going to cash in Laurent-Robinson style.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't think you've paid attention to Hurns' work. If he hit the open market there are teams who'd pay him to be their 1.

Pretty much the case. Despite being labeled as a 2nd WR, he has high productivity. He does not even relate to Williams' level.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Argument is moot. This isn't setting the market for second WR money. Hurns got paid like a potential #1 guy.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
It may come down to him vs Brice Butler (both age 26) on who stays.

If we are interested in spending money on a #2 WR, I'd much rather get Keenan Allen (6-2/211, age 24), Marquess Wilson (6-4/199, age 23), or Robert Woods (6-0/199, age 24).

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Allen Hurns last two years totals

115 Receptions
201 Targets
1708 rec yards
14.9 average
16 TDs

TWILL numbers the last two years

89 Receptions
158 Targets
1461 rec yards
16.5 Average
11 TDs

Just stats...not sure what they mean to anyone....but here they are anyway.

100 yard games over that period. Hurns 7. Twill 1

Daillest88

Reaction score
If you have seen Hurn's play. You would know he's Alot better than Williams and has alot more potential also

Galian Beast

Reaction score
We don't need another #1 receiver, we need someone who has speed and consistency who can stretch the defense. You put that next to Dez, Witten, and Beasley, and this offense is impossible to stop when you factor in the running game.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
TWills numbers are somewhat limited in that he didn't have a QB last season and he plays on a team focused on the run. Still not worth that contract, but those are significant factors in assessing his production.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Argument is moot. This isn't setting the market for second WR money. Hurns got paid like a potential #1 guy.

The market for No. 2 wide receivers has been reset after Hurns inked a four-year, $40MM extension with the Jaguars, Paul Dehner Jr. of the Cincinnati Enquirer tweets. Dehner adds that the deal puts Marvin Jones‘ sizable contract in perspective. This spring, Jones got a five-year, $40MM deal from the Lions with $17MM fully guaranteed ($20MM guaranteed overall).

..................................................................................................................................

I wouldn't call Marvin Jones a #1 WR......Yet he got paid just about the same...looking like the money is worked around differently in the contract.:rolleyes:

If the Cowboys plan on keeping Williams around.....They are gonna have to pony up to @ least 6-7 mil a year to have a chance.

In a way...It would almost be worth trying to sign him to an extention now......If he was willing to resign @ a discount rate. If he has a season where he blows up....He probably is out of our price range.

And considering this......

Sheil Kapadia of ESPN.com looked at how Hurns’ deal with Jacksonville could affect Doug Baldwin‘s negotiations with the Seahawks. Baldwin, he argues, has a legitimate case to be paid at Hurns’ level. While Hurns’ average of 16.1 yards per reception was better than Baldwin’s 13.7 ypc offering, Baldwin was more efficient with a catch rate of 80.4%, compared to 62.1% for Hurns. One notable difference, of course, is age – Hurns is 25 and Baldwin is 28. When all is said and done, Kapadia feels that the Seahawks will at least have to match the four-year, $40MM extension given to Hurns if they want to keep Baldwin in the long run.

Williams YAC career average....16.5:omg:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15878/terrance-williams

Something to ponder.......:D

Satchel89

Reaction score
He's had some big time catches. Especially with his body. And he's had a bunch of games where he's completely disappeared. Who knows what happens with him but I honestly would like to see Butler make a big jump this year. Maybe he jumps over Terrance. Probably not but I can hope

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Question is how many teams would be willing to pay their #2 WR 10 mill a year? I doubt many would. Granted Jacksonville did but does not necessarily mean others will do the same

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Not a typo. Hurns and Robinson were ridiculous last season and that team is very fun to watch in general. Robinson is 1a and Hurns is 1b in the pecking order.

I know they had good years but saying, "only 15 games", is kind of odd.

There are only 16 games a guy can possibly play in during the regular season.

He only played in 94% of his team's games. Imagine what he'd do if he played in 100%

CowboyChris

Reaction score
1. in my opinion Hurns is a #1 WR in this league

2. I can't see paying TWill 10 million a year in any capacity

3. in the end i think we keep TWill for around 5-6 million

4. I can't believe the hate for TWill.

5. I think we overpaid for Dez

that outta cover everything.

KDM256

Reaction score
Hurns deserves every penny he got with that contract. Hurns & Robinson can put in a claim for best WR duo inthe NFL, with that said...

T Will numbers will improved with a healthy Romo under center... You can't really fault William's production last year while the Cowboys were rotating QBs left and right.

It wasn't hard to see Williams wasn't onthe same page with his backup QB like he would have been with Romo.

Is T Williams worth 10 million? of course not, but still don't get the TWill hate on this board from others..