Terrence Williams is not worth 10 million

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
T-Will (Assuming he balls out this year,) will probably get somewhere between 4-7 mill per on the open market next season..

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Let him walk. Get the comp pick. Draft another. What would Pittsburg do..

CWR

Reaction score
Name them.....

Ill try off the top of my head

New England
Miami
KC
Tennessee
Baltimore
Cleveland
Philly
Minnesota
Detroit
Arizona (not sure if Fitz is returning?)
St Louis
Seattle
San Francisco
New Orleans

Seriously Im just pulling this off the top of my head but I dont think any of those teams have dominant number ones. Hurns scored in 7 straight this year and went over 1000. Hes legit.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Now that the market is being set for #2 WRs....

http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/06/reactions-allen-hurns-extension-jaguars

There is no way the Cowboys pay that to Williams. Just don't see it happening........

Fully expect this is Williams last year as a Cowboy...and we will be drafting a WR fairly high next season.:rolleyes:

lol. He has 1 1/2 years of work. If you take his half year (8 games) and double it for a full year. As a #2, he has about a 1,200 and a 1,000 yard season in only two season of work.

There is no comparison between Williams and Hurns

tyke1doe

Reaction score
My fear is Williams will say he is the #2 starter.....And wants to be paid like it. 10 Mil a year is the going rate now....:omg:

Fear not. If he asks that much, he's gone elsewhere.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Hurns broke 1000 yards receiving in only 15 games last year. He had 10 touchdowns last year as well, where as Williams' career high is 8.

Only 15? You say that as if that's an incredible feat. A receiver should break 1,000 in 15 games. Doing it in 6, now that would be an incredible feat.

Or am I interpreting your point incorrectly?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Only 15? You say that as if that's an incredible feat. A receiver should break 1,000 in 15 games. Doing it in 6, now that would be an incredible feat.

Or am I interpreting your point incorrectly?

Only 26 receivers in the NFL broke 1000 yards, and of those 4 were tight ends.

Of those receivers who had more yards than him only 7 had more touchdowns.

That solidly puts him in #1 category, a nice feat for not playing in every game.

CWR

Reaction score
Ill try off the top of my head

New England
Miami
KC
Tennessee
Baltimore
Cleveland
Philly
Minnesota
Detroit
Arizona (not sure if Fitz is returning?)
St Louis
Seattle
San Francisco
New Orleans

Seriously Im just pulling this off the top of my head but I dont think any of those teams have dominant number ones. Hurns scored in 7 straight this year and went over 1000. Hes legit.

I have to correct myself with Maclin as a possibility in KC and Doug freakin Baldwin kind of came out of no where last year in Seattle.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Brandon Marshal makes about 10 million and now Emanuel Sanders will get about 10 million as the #2..

Nobody will pay twill 10 million because he's nowhere near the production Sanders,Marshal and Hurns..it's all about future production. If he delivers a 1000 yard season with 40+ 1st down catches and roughly 6 tds someone will pay him that money. If not then it's not even worth talking about..

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
TWill is a solid WR2 in the right system......this is one of those systems.....I don't see a big market for him next year and I wouldn't extend him......he is the type you allow to hit FA and try to improve upon in the draft

TrailBlazer

Reaction score

lostar2009

Reaction score
Romo makes TWill better. I wouldn't be surprised to see him put up big enough numbers this coming season to merit the $$$ the market has set for a 2WR in today's NFL. But then again... Brice Butler will have something to say about that.

I've seen Twill make some highlight catches without Romo throwing him the ball. If anything Dez makes him better. TWILL prove he isn't a game long go to guy.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Allen Hurns last two years totals

115 Receptions
201 Targets
1708 rec yards
14.9 average
16 TDs

TWILL numbers the last two years

89 Receptions
158 Targets
1461 rec yards
16.5 Average
11 TDs

Just stats...not sure what they mean to anyone....but here they are anyway.

If you actually watch the games, anyone can tell, Williams is hot garbage

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I have yet to read anywhere Williams is a WR who will command a high-dollar salary when his contract is up.

Everyone, including Williams, knows he will never be a great receiver. He should also know by now he is a solid #2 who's production can be replaced by a younger, less-expensive draft pick next year.

If he wants to remain a Cowboy, he will have to be realistic with his contract requirements. I don't see that happening.