Terrence Williams is not worth 10 million

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I just don't see any effort, any skill other that street ball...it's like tony says "go out over there and if the play breaks down, I will throw it to you"....you can't rely on this guy...and we found out once Dez went down just how truly worthless he was

His best year was without Romo...

jnday

Reaction score
If anything , TWill should be upgraded in next year's draft. I have no problem with spending a high pick on a WR that be the 2nd WR and have the ability to step up as a number one to be the lead WR when needed. I was hoping Treadwell would have dropped to the second round. The more playmakers on the team, the better they will be.

Ellie826

Reaction score
Wow, I read the title and thought we signed Williams to an extension for 10 mil. Thank God we didn't. I wish Cowboys used analytics more. They could've seen how important age is when evaluating talent. It's easy to beat up on 18 yr olds when you are 21.

Ellie826

Reaction score
We don't need another #1 receiver, we need someone who has speed and consistency who can stretch the defense. You put that next to Dez, Witten, and Beasley, and this offense is impossible to stop when you factor in the running game.

Yes. With defenses fearing the run, play action passes deep to a speedy receiver would open up everything. Dez has good speed but he's not a burner. That would complete this offense. I hope butler can be that guy. He had good straight line speed from what I remember.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Williams may not be worth $10M to re-sign, but Street is not worth re-signing for any amount.

jnday

Reaction score
Williams may not be worth $10M to re-sign, but Street is not worth re-signing for any amount.

Street should be paying the Cowboys for allowing him to be on the roster. He should have to pay for his own jerseys at the very least. I hope somebody, anybody at all will come in and take his spot on the roster.

rkell87

Reaction score
Anybody else reasonably sure Williams is going to have a big year and price himself out of Dallas ? Wouldn't be the first WR to get paid off of romo's arm.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Street should be paying the Cowboys for allowing him to be on the roster. He should have to pay for his own jerseys at the very least. I hope somebody, anybody at all will come in and take his spot on the roster.

Street's as good as gone, imo. Whether it's Mayle that beats him out, or we pick up a guy in cuts, I don't think Street makes the roster.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that TW is gone next year. We just aren't going to use the cap on an average #2. WR is going to be a priority next season, but it seems like there are productive WR's in every draft now. A pick in the first 3 rounds is probably in order.

plasticman

Reaction score
Only two other Cowboy receivers in NFL history made more receptions in their first three years than Williams, Dez Bryant and Bob Hayes. Only three had more receiving yardage, the two previously mentioned and Drew Pearson.

Of course, that's not as impressive as it sounds given the changes in basic offensive philosophy brought on by many factors that would include the rule changes, increased athleticism, and more complex systems.

If you really wanted to compare WR's from one era to the next, I think you would be better off using stats that compared each in terms of their contribution to their respective teams.

For example, Williams' 133 receptions represents 7.7% of the Cowboys total pass attempts over the previous three seasons. Bob Hay's number of 155 was equal to 13.6% of the Cowboys overall Tarrance Williams only had 5 more receptions than Cole Beasley for that same timer period.

However, the most telling part of Terrance's productivity is his ineffectiveness without Dez Bryant in the lineup.

During the 5 games last year in which Dez was out, Williams averaged 2.6 receptions. Her was almost a total non-factor., In fact hue didn't have a single reception in one of those 5 games in which Dez was not there.

In other words, Williams can be very productive when the defenses focuses on the other side of the line. He is a 2nd option kind of receiver and those type can never be the #1 guy.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Twill is not worth 10 mil, but let's put things in perspective.

He has his warts (body catching, consistency, needs a distraction, etc) but remember he was the draft pick used when we traded down for Frederick and got the extra 3rd. For a trade down 3rd round pick he has provided acceptable production and value to the team for the last few years. We got everything we wanted from that trade down and it's okay to move on from him for another wr in the draft.

I don't think there is a reason fans should be salty about t-will.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Tom Brady got by for years with bum of the month wr's....if you build the lines and have a good QB, you can get by with average at best WR's.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
He is replaceable as many have noted. They did Beasly a 3.5/year contract however and I thought he was a very replaceable one trick pony so who knows. No fact, I'd rather put Williams in the slot ( or Dez) than Beasly.